University of Minnesota C/0 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me as of today what are the admission status, for instance how many applicant were accepted/no. of seats filled and such.
I submitted my supplemental app. on feb 29. I was told it would take 2-3 weeks for interview invite/decline and so am waiting as patiently as I can.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering how many of you people are going to Duluth this Fall? I got my acceptance from the 2/19 interview cycle last week and I am looking to room up with some other first years. Anybody interested??

Did you see that MN was ranked #2 program today?!?!?

Reactions: 1 user
anyone know what the current admission statistics are?
scheduled to interview on april 1st, hope it goes well:nailbiting:

anyone know what the current admission statistics are?
scheduled to interview on april 1st, hope it goes well:nailbiting:

I interviewed last Friday March 25, and during welcome session they said 93% seats are filled, so theres something like 11-12 seats left. There were overall 35 people interviewing that day.

I just got a wait list decision today. Does anyone know how many people they have on the ranked wait list before they go to unranked... I'm not very optimistic about my chances...

I just got a wait list decision today. Does anyone know how many people they have on the ranked wait list before they go to unranked... I'm not very optimistic about my chances...

I have heard, as an average, that about the top 25 get pulled off of the ranked waitlist. Normally, if not ranked, you will not get a chance

Did they say ranked or unranked?

Hi future pharmacists, I wonder if anyone received offers admission from the Twin Cities campus decide to withdraw their offers at this time?
I chose Twin Cities only option and was put on the wait-list (have not yet known my rank yet)- I'd appreciate a zillion lot if you can keep me update!

Hey team, those who have been accepted to the Twin Cities campus, we received a pharmacist development program opportunity today by email. I was wondering if anyone has heard good/bad things about UMMC if anyone is taking this opportunity?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey team, those who have been accepted to the Twin Cities campus, we received a pharmacist development program opportunity today by email. I was wondering if anyone has heard good/bad things about UMMC if anyone is taking this opportunity?!

I applied! Not really sure what to expect of it though. Let me know if you hear anything!

I applied! Not really sure what to expect of it though. Let me know if you hear anything!

Hey,

I have friends who are first year students currently and they asked around and heard that it was a BAD opportunity compared to others offered throughout the year. I've heard that you get over 100 internship offers about 40 of which are hospital internships offered throughout P1. Particularly, they asked someone who is in the program and she recommended against it saying that they make her do grunt work and pretty much only fill IV bags with her time. It is two 8 hour shifts every other weekend and is a 4 year commitment. She said that other internships offered throughout the year at hospitals can be 1, 2, or 3 year commitments and you get to work more in all areas of the hospital not just filling IV bags. Personally, I'll be holding out a little bit longer for a better opportunity before I get tied into a 4-year commitment. Pros- there is no travel time, and 16 hours every other weekend isn't that bad.

Hey,

I have friends who are first year students currently and they asked around and heard that it was a BAD opportunity compared to others offered throughout the year. I've heard that you get over 100 internship offers about 40 of which are hospital internships offered throughout P1. Particularly, they asked someone who is in the program and she recommended against it saying that they make her do grunt work and pretty much only fill IV bags with her time. It is two 8 hour shifts every other weekend and is a 4 year commitment. She said that other internships offered throughout the year at hospitals can be 1, 2, or 3 year commitments and you get to work more in all areas of the hospital not just filling IV bags. Personally, I'll be holding out a little bit longer for a better opportunity before I get tied into a 4-year commitment. Pros- there is no travel time, and 16 hours every other weekend isn't that bad.

Thank you so much!!! I had no idea it was a 4 year commitment and only weekends. I was planning on holding out until I heard of a few more anyways, but thank you for the heads up.

Thank you so much!!! I had no idea it was a 4 year commitment and only weekends. I was planning on holding out until I heard of a few more anyways, but thank you for the heads up.

Not a problem, were a team now!
From what i've heard, if you're considering hospital, it seems like Abbott offers the best internships if a short commute doesn't matter to you.

Anyone has any idea what the holding pool is? I got placed in the "holding pool" due to lack of available seats and when I called the admissions office, I was told it is not the wait-list as I have already been admitted. I am so confused :confused:

Anyone has any idea what the holding pool is? I got placed in the "holding pool" due to lack of available seats and when I called the admissions office, I was told it is not the wait-list as I have already been admitted. I am so confused :confused:
There isn't a seat available at your preferred campus, but you have admitted status. If a seat opens up they go to the holding pool 1st, then ranked waitlist, then waitlist. If I understand correctly from interview day.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks. Just got an email confirming my number on the list. Anyone in the waiting list wondering about updates, the next offer of acceptance will be given to #5 for the Twin Cities campus and #11 for the Duluth campus for those in the holding list.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks. Just got an email confirming my number on the list. Anyone in the waiting list wondering about updates, the next offer of acceptance will be given to #5 for the Twin Cities campus and #11 for the Duluth campus for those in the holding list.
So if you're on the holding list do they give you a timeline as to when/if you get in via an opening? Just curious, I'm on the ranked wait list and wondering if it's worth waiting.

I've heard that typically for this size school the holding list will all be taken up and about 25 of the ranked waitlist as well

So if you're on the holding list do they give you a timeline as to when/if you get in via an opening? Just curious, I'm on the ranked wait list and wondering if it's worth waiting.
I wasn't made aware of when they will admit everyone on the holding list. However, I have been told (do not quote me on this) that the list is not that large and offers for acceptance usually happen quickly between May and June. If you ranked among the first 30 in the waitlist, there is a possibility of you getting admitted as early as late May. Again I don't know how credible this is.

hey team, I'm registering and was wondering if anyone knows if we have to register for 6701 COP community outreach?

Email I got today says there are currently 15 people in the holding pool. Is this pretty standard or is it a new thing they started doing? Ive read through the forums for past application cycles and never heard of a holding pool being mentioned.

Last edited:
Email I got today says there are currently 15 people in the holding pool. Is this pretty standard or is it a new thing they started doing? Ive read through the forums for past application cycles and never heard of a holding pool being mentioned.
Agreed, I think it must be new. My thing is like, what's the point of a ranked wait list if there's a holding pool? Just saying.

I remember asking a former student about the holding pool and he himself was confused. In my opinion, I think they initially admit more than the seats available (which I recall being told that sometimes happens when they are more qualified applicants)

Agreed, I think it must be new. My thing is like, what's the point of a ranked wait list if there's a holding pool? Just saying.
It really is confusing. My understanding was that the ranked wait list is for those considered admissible but due to lack of available seats, are placed in a ranked wait list. However, what I got from the interview was that the decision to admit, wait list, or reject is done by the admissions committee. This committee makes the decision without being influenced by the number of seats available. This means if the committee agrees that 180 applicants are a perfect fit for the program whereas only 168 seats are available, they will admit all of them. I'm guessing the wait list is a list of applicants that are not necessarily a perfect fit but are admissible. Again this is my own interpretation of what I was told during the interview.

It really is confusing. My understanding was that the ranked wait list is for those considered admissible but due to lack of available seats, are placed in a ranked wait list. However, what I got from the interview was that the decision to admit, wait list, or reject is done by the admissions committee. This committee makes the decision without being influenced by the number of seats available. This means if the committee agrees that 180 applicants are a perfect fit for the program whereas only 168 seats are available, they will admit all of them. I'm guessing the wait list is a list of applicants that are not necessarily a perfect fit but are admissible. Again this is my own interpretation of what I was told during the interview.

Sounds like a good interpretation to me

hey team, I'm registering and was wondering if anyone knows if we have to register for 6701 COP community outreach?
I am pretty sure this is just the zero-credit course for those volunteering with the Phillips Neighborhood Clinic (which you should do - it is pretty amazing). Interviews are usually late September, so no need to register unless you are accepted.

If you want information, PM me. I was heavily involved when I was a student and send uninsured patients there often.

I am pretty sure this is just the zero-credit course for those volunteering with the Phillips Neighborhood Clinic (which you should do - it is pretty amazing). Interviews are usually late September, so no need to register unless you are accepted.

If you want information, PM me. I was heavily involved when I was a student and send uninsured patients there often.

Hi,
I was wondering what it's like working at the Philips clinic and how do I apply ?

Update: Only 3 candidates (out of 14) left that haven't yet received an acceptance offer. The current rate seems to be 3 open seats per week (mostly in the Twin Cities campus though). It is therefore likely that by the next two weeks, they might start sending offers to those on the ranked waitlist. Just hang in there y'all.

the update i got this thursday says theres 9/15 left on the hold list. don't know why theres a discrepancy but i hope urs is true. i had almost given up hope lol

the update i got this thursday says theres 9/15 left on the hold list. don't know why theres a discrepancy but i hope urs is true. i had almost given up hope lol
The email I got last Thursday said the next offer is going to the person ranked #12 in the holding pool and the offer is for either Twin Cities or Duluth campuses. Last two weeks, the email sent updates that the next offers were to #9 for Twin Cities and #11 for Duluth campus. I assume it means that now, all but the #12, #13, #14, and #15? (I thought I was last on the list and I'm ranked #14, so maybe I was wrong) haven't yet been offered seats. I don't understand how there could still be 9 left on the list since it won't make any sense that they will skip all the other applicants to that ranked #12 on the list.

The email I got last Thursday said the next offer is going to the person ranked #12 in the holding pool and the offer is for either Twin Cities or Duluth campuses. Last two weeks, the email sent updates that the next offers were to #9 for Twin Cities and #11 for Duluth campus. I assume it means that now, all but the #12, #13, #14, and #15? (I thought I was last on the list and I'm ranked #14, so maybe I was wrong) haven't yet been offered seats. I don't understand how there could still be 9 left on the list since it won't make any sense that they will skip all the other applicants to that ranked #12 on the list.
Unless those who were recently offered seats are yet to accept the offer?

Welp, :oops: I was wrong, there are actually 20 candidates on the holding pool. I think the confusion occurred because I was in the last group to be interviewed and therefore, wrongly assumed I would be one of the last applicants in the holding pool since it is a rolling admission. I sincerely apologize to anyone I misled. :(

Welp, :oops: I was wrong, there are actually 20 candidates on the holding pool. I think the confusion occurred because I was in the last group to be interviewed and therefore, wrongly assumed I would be one of the last applicants in the holding pool since it is a rolling admission. I sincerely apologize to anyone I misled. :(
No problem, they only told me there was 15 in the pool so I totally understand!

Has anyone received their financial aid yet?!

I have not, but my friend got an email yesterday regarding her financial aid. She is on TC campus. I am hoping it comes through soon so I can plan.

I have not, but my friend got an email yesterday regarding her financial aid. She is on TC campus. I am hoping it comes through soon so I can plan.

Just received mine. TC as well