University of Minnesota - Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"C. Persons who moved to the state for employment purposes and, before moving and before applying for admission to a public postsecondary institution, accepted a full-time job in the state, or students who are spouses or dependents of such persons."

source: http://www.mnscu.edu/board/policy/202.html

Members don't see this ad.

"C. Persons who moved to the state for employment purposes and, before moving and before applying for admission to a public postsecondary institution, accepted a full-time job in the state, or students who are spouses or dependents of such persons."

source: http://www.mnscu.edu/board/policy/202.html
I know it doesn't make any sense but this university is actually not affiliated with MNSCU. MNSCU is mostly the community and technical colleges and a few 4 year colleges, but not the U of MN

Do students at twin cities generally have cars?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, all! I'm new in this thread. I had an interview in Mar. 7th and they said that the decision will be notified Mar. 26th.(one more week for the decision) I'm really sick of waiting. :(

Do students at twin cities generally have cars?
Many have cars since they commute. The ones that live by campus usually end up getting a car at some point. We need it for rotations generally and internships. I have a car.

Many have cars since they commute. The ones that live by campus usually end up getting a car at some point. We need it for rotations generally and internships. I have a car.
That's good to know, thanks! :D

Reactions: 1 user
225 acceptances last year. Still a ways to go.
I have a question about the number of acceptance. Is it including the offers for waitlist or just the number of initial acceptance?

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone has any information on the ranked wait list- approximately how many people are admitted from it? And does anyone have the stats from the latest interview date? Thanks and congratulations to everyone who has already been admitted!

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone has any information on the ranked wait list- approximately how many people are admitted from it? And does anyone have the stats from the latest interview date? Thanks and congratulations to everyone who has already been admitted!
Are you in the ranked waitlist? Me too.. :( I heard that around 25-30 people can get off from the ranked waitlist.

I have a question about the number of acceptance. Is it including the offers for waitlist or just the number of initial acceptance?

It's likely the number that was accepted throughout the application process up until August, thus including those that were accepted via waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
It's likely the number that was accepted throughout the application process up until August, thus including those that were accepted via waitlist.
Thanks for your reply. I hope that I could get into one of the seats!

Thanks for your reply. I hope that I could get into one of the seats!
Good luck. When are they notifying you guys of your position. It really depends how many they take. It varies every year.

Statistics as of 3/28/2014:
  • 17 applicants interviewing today
  • 358 total applicants interviewed
  • 317 applicants reviewed for admission
  • 97% to admission target goal

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Statistics as of 3/28/2014:
  • 17 applicants interviewing today
  • 358 total applicants interviewed
  • 317 applicants reviewed for admission
  • 97% to admission target goal

The stats of Feb.21: 146 applicants admitted, 65% to admission target goal
It seems the total number to admission is 225. If true, 225*97%=218, only 7 seats available for the waiting list?

The stats of Feb.21: 146 applicants admitted, 65% to admission target goal
It seems the total number to admission is 225. If true, 225*97%=218, only 7 seats available for the waiting list?

They are expecting ~50-60 to pick another school. The class size is only 166 or so.

Just received an email saying that I am placed on the ranked waitlist. I submitted my application and payments at the beginning of January. Even though I got an email receipt from the UMN website and PharmCAS recorded my payment as being received, I was getting worried as to why I was not receiving an interview invite throughout all that time. I called in a few days before the deadline and Stacey told me that my payment was not received. So after we sorted that out, I got scheduled for the last possible interview day. I'm devastated at the fact that I could have had my interview way earlier and possibly have gotten in already. Lesson learned: always check to make sure everything is received regardless if you get a notification on a website or email. Hopefully this helps future applicants!

I interview on the 14th and did not hear back yet ;( . This is strange.

Maybe try calling or emailing the admissions office on Monday? Did you put your correct email into Pharmcas?

Hm Yea yesterday marked the third week. Maybe Monday? We had spring break the week after your interview. Maybe that's what delayed it?

Got an email this morning. There are currently 89 people on the ranked waitlist (twin cities campus).

Got an email this morning. There are currently 89 people on the ranked waitlist (twin cities campus).

How did you find that out? Is there a date that accepted students have to decide between the schools they have been accepted to? I know some of the people who were at my interview said they had been accepted multiple places. I wondered if the wait list will slowly be tapped throughout the summer or if there would be people choosing other schools in a chunk.

How did you find that out? Is there a date that accepted students have to decide between the schools they have been accepted to? I know some of the people who were at my interview said they had been accepted multiple places. I wondered if the wait list will slowly be tapped throughout the summer or if there would be people choosing other schools in a chunk.

The admission committee sent out the email that there are 89 people in the waitlist now that they gave out offers to people who interviewed. Now, if admitted students decide not to attend, people will take off from waitlist one by one to fill in the class size. (and yes this process will go throughout the summer)

To the waitlisted people..

Did you guys get accepted to other schools?

I was just informed that I am ranked 29 on the waitlist.

April 10th, I got an email informing me I was 2nd on the ranked waiting list. The waiting is killing me!

Here is an update. I sure hope some Twin Cities students decide to forgo this year!

Since the last update, applicants in spots 14, 15, and 17 have all been offered admission. Acceptances are pending, and I will continue to call applicants until our open spots are filled. Due to campus choice, the applicants in spots 1,2,6,11, 13 and 16 have remained on the list.

We will contact the applicant in spot #1 as soon as a spot opens on the Twin Cities campus. Due to campus choice, the applicant in spot #19 will be notified next if a spot opens on the Duluth campus.

I just heard this week that I am officially into the Twin Cities campus! I was 2 on the waiting list. So, some movement is happening!

-Mandy

Congratulations! Be sure to join the facebook group so we can meet you!