University of Minnesota Interview

Started by Barton
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Barton

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all. I just got my first interview! I was reading through the secondary that U of M sent me, and it said that as soon as I had sent my secondary, I should call to schedule an interview. Not believing I was understanding this correctly, I called, and they told me to schedule one!! I didn't have my planner, but I'm calling back to schedule one tomorrow!! WOOHOO!! Apparently all in-state applicants who make it past first screening gat interviews, but they also admit almost 50% of interviewed applicants!!! In case anyone cares, here are my stats, etc.

Overall GPA: 3.35
Science GPA: 3.07
MCAT: 35 (11, 12, p, 12)
State Resident
Went to large public university undergrad
AMCAS submitted: 6/23
AMCAS verified: 8/7 ???
U of M Secondary Received: 8/23

So that's that. See folks, kids with a crappy GPA and a dream can get interviews!!
 
That's great, Barton!!!

I've read your other posts, and it seems like we applied to a lot of the same schools, but I seem to be about two weeks behind you as far as when I get secondaries, etc. I got the U of MN letter asking for a paper app (I submitted 7/7 and haven't been processed), and I sent it to them August 27. No secondary yet, but you give me hope! We have similar stats (high MCAT, low GPA), so I hope I'll make their cut-off, too.

Congrats again, and way to rock that MCAT!