University of Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oops I meant of course Bangn*! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
Anyone who heard back from U of M, how long was it from when your application went "under review" until you were notified of a decision? Mine recently went "under review" and I am just curious.

Two of us ended up calling since we hadn't heard anything after 6 weeks. Hockeyguy2010 called at around the 7 week mark and I called at the 8 week mark. My decision was provided over the phone and an email followed shortly thereafter. According to Liz Goebel they've received more applications this year so the review time has extended closer to 8 weeks. Not sure if that's still the case.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a quick update. After talking with alumni and current students from both programs, I've decided to accept UMN offer. Good luck Bangn, Treetops2, & midwestprept!!

Good choice, Skim! :) I'm really hoping to hear some good news this week (will probably call in the next couple of days as it has been 7 weeks).

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Bangn, I called Liz yesterday as it has been 7 weeks and my application has been marked as under review for about a week. She said I should be notified in a about a week as it is taking them longer than the 4-6 weeks to make decisions. Good luck!

Just a quick update. After talking with alumni and current students from both programs, I've decided to accept UMN offer. Good luck Bangn, Treetops2, & midwestprept!!

That's exciting Skim! Thanks for the update! I am at the 4.5 week mark for the UMN, so probably about halfway until hearing their decision on my app. I have accepted my spot at St. Kates :)

Reactions: 1 users
I just heard back today from U of M and unfortunately I am on the alternate list. Does anyone know previous students who were on the alternate list or any info about it?

I unfortunately don't know anything about the UM wait list process. Might be worth having a conversation with Liz to find out historically how many on the wait list are offered a position.

Just heard from U-MN this morning and I have been accepted! What a relief!

Congrats Bangn!!! That's fantastic news!!! Guess we're going to be classmates next year (assuming you accept)!

Yes, I definitely accepted! I love the campus and have attended one of their information night so I got to meet Dr. Kimberley, Liz, and some of the students from the class of 2016 hence my quick response to the offer. Looking forward to meeting all you guys at orientation in April and/or July. :)