university of missouri

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apple82

Mizzou Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So does University of Missouri interview out of state applicants? Somebody told me they only interview in-state applicants, is this true??

Members don't see this ad.

So does University of Missouri interview out of state applicants? Somebody told me they only interview in-state applicants, is this true??

I believe they made the decision to interview everyone.

Last year they did not interview out of state applicants. If you are accepted they pay for your plane ticket to look at the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I spoke with Kathy Seay, she told me that they do not interview out of state applicants and confirmed what dvm2b said. This was a couple of months ago but I haven't received any notice as to this being changed.

I'm out of state (contract state) and they just contacted me, requesting an interview.

I'm out-of-state and was contacted too. I was surprised as Kathy Seay had told me that MU never interviewed out-of-state applicants. From the interview page, it looks like there were only about 88 slots but I don't know if they're planning to do another round later on

"Personal Interviews:

Each Missouri applicant is invited for an interview with the Admissions and Scholarship Committee, provided they:

1. Have satisfactorily completed the required courses with a verified cumulative GPA of 2.75/4.0 or greater,
2. Had at least 3 letters of evaluation submitted with at least one being from a veterinarian,
3. Scored at least 15 on the MCAT or 640 on the GRE and a 1.5 on the analytical section.

A few whose academic score and nonacademic score based on the written application and reference letters are exceptionally high may be accepted without an interview.

Based on a preliminary review of their application 80-90 non-resident applicants will be invited to interview for non-resident positions.

Admission requirements are the same for non-residents as for residents, with the exception that the minimum acceptable GPA is 3.0/4.0.

The Committee usually reviews applicants from February through late March. Applicants are notified of their interview appointment during this time
period.

The interview is intended to clarify and supplement the written application. "

Hope this helps!

Im considering applying to Missouri. I read one small comment on another thread that they require applicants to have at least 3 full time semesters sometime within three years of the preceding application. I cannot find anything on their website about this..does anyone know the scoop or know where this info is on the schools website?

Last year they did not interview out of state applicants. If you are accepted they pay for your plane ticket to look at the school.
NOT TRUE, out-of-state are interviewed and were interviewed last year, I go to Mizzou (c/o 2011) and am from PA and I WISH they paid for my plane ticket to come out here for the interview.

Well, since this thread is a year and a half old, they might not have done OOS interviews waaaay back then.

Do any schools actually pay for your plane ticket to interview or view their facilities nowadays? In today's airline market, buying a ticket a few weeks out for an interview is going to be very expensive!

Im considering applying to Missouri. I read one small comment on another thread that they require applicants to have at least 3 full time semesters within three years of the preceding application. I cannot find anything on their website about this..does anyone know the scoop or know where this info is on the schools website?

Disclaimer: Not a response to any particular post. I realize the orginally thread is old, but I didnt want to start yet another Missouri thread. Just trying to be considerate of others searching for info. (ie updating info verses starting fresh).

hey LVT, if you email Kathy Seay she can answer that question and let you know if there are any exceptions to the rule. Let me know if you need her contact information or want to know anything else about Missouri!

And in response to the earlier posts, the first time OOS applicants were interviewed (in recent history) was for the C/O 2011.

Do any schools actually pay for your plane ticket to interview or view their facilities nowadays? In today's airline market, buying a ticket a few weeks out for an interview is going to be very expensive!

Wisconsin does not interview (or doesn't interview OOS, I forget which...I was OOS). But for some of their accepted applicants, they will offer to reimburse the cost of a plane ticket (up to a certain $ amount) to encourage those accepted individual to come visit the school.