University of Montana- Missoula Fall 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mookie014

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I am applying to UM for the second time. Last year I heard back with a denial on January 2nd. This year I was offered an interview! I am from California and was wondering if anyone else out of state will be attending? Or anyone instate have some insight into the program or what it is like living in Missoula. From what I hear (being a Cali girl) Missoula is a beautiful place. I also hear that the school doesn't usually accept too many out of state applicants. (?)

Major: KINE pre-pt at CSUSM
GPA: 3.68
pGPA: 3.7
GRE: 150V 151Q 3.5W (I sent all my scores in since I have improved from much lower scores)
Hours: 300+ inpatient and outpatient
Letters: 2PTs, 1 Professor, 1 Employer

Since this is my second time applying I applied to as many schools as I can so bear with me. I also have no preference to where I end up. I'm ready for change

Applied: Drexel, Rutgers, MCPHS, Gannon, Arcadia, Duquesne, Franklin Pierce AZ, West Coast university, Western University, CSU Northridge, USA, Sacramento, Montana, Idaho State University, Texas Womans, NAU
Interviews: MCPHS, Drexel University, Rutgers North, Western University (withdrew), West Coast University, Montana
Accepted: Gannon University, Franklin Pierce AZ, MCPHS
Denied: Rutgers North, Drexel University, Sacramento,, Texas Womans, NAU

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all!

I am applying to UM for the second time. Last year I heard back with a denial on January 2nd. This year I was offered an interview! I am from California and was wondering if anyone else out of state will be attending? Or anyone instate have some insight into the program or what it is like living in Missoula. From what I hear (being a Cali girl) Missoula is a beautiful place. I also hear that the school doesn't usually accept too many out of state applicants. (?)

GRE: 150V 151Q 3.5W (I sent all my scores in since I have improved from much lower scores)

Since this is my second time applying I applied to as many schools as I can so bear with me. I also have no preference to where I end up. I'm ready for change

Applied: Drexel, Rutgers, MCPHS, Gannon, Arcadia, Duquesne, Franklin Pierce AZ, West Coast university, Western University, CSU Northridge, USA, Sacramento, Montana, Idaho State University, Texas Womans, NAU
Interviews: MCPHS, Drexel University, Rutgers North, Western University (withdrew), West Coast University, Montana

I’m from Washington and will also be attending the 2/2 interview!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm from Montana and have had multiple friends attend UM. I think it is a wonderful school, although I have heard they give a heavy preference to instate applicants-- especially the Pre-PT majors from UM itself. Also warning you that it is basically impossible to get instate tuition for any university in Montana even after living there for years (if cost is a factor in your decision making). If you love the outdoors, and can put up with some chilly weather, Montana is the place for you. Hiking, skiing, biking, fishing you name it and it's world class. The city of Missoula itself has a quirky hipster vibe-- some call it a "mini Portland". The weather in that valley can be a little cloudy, rainy.. but can also be beautiful. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from Montana and have had multiple friends attend UM. I think it is a wonderful school, although I have heard they give a heavy preference to instate applicants-- especially the Pre-PT majors from UM itself. Also warning you that it is basically impossible to get instate tuition for any university in Montana even after living there for years (if cost is a factor in your decision making). If you love the outdoors, and can put up with some chilly weather, Montana is the place for you. Hiking, skiing, biking, fishing you name it and it's world class. The city of Missoula itself has a quirky hipster vibe-- some call it a "mini Portland". The weather in that valley can be a little cloudy, rainy.. but can also be beautiful. Hope this helps!
Yes this helps a lot! I’m excited to visit in a few weeks

Hello all!

I will be attending! From the Bay Area! Excited to interview! Will see you there Mookie! :)

Reactions: 1 user