University of New England Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thats weird I had to do a supplemental application before they were part of pharmcas, but on pharmcas it says that there isn't one now. Grrrrr :)

According to their website, I know we have the option of having PharmCAS send the app to the school or filling out their online application. You also had to pay $40 right?

Members don't see this ad.

According to their website, I know we have the option of having PharmCAS send the app to the school or filling out their online application. You also had to pay $40 right?

Yeah there was a $40 charge

Members don't see this ad :)
no invite for me yet either....hmmm

I do live out in Florida though...i'm hopefull...

good luck everyone! :):xf::xf::luck:

I am from GA, and anxiously waiting as well!

im from CA, nothing yet. Hey how much trust do you guys have in this institution. I know they have other programs so they are crediable. But do u think they will be accreddited.

im from CA, nothing yet. Hey how much trust do you guys have in this institution. I know they have other programs so they are crediable. But do u think they will be accreddited.
You should be concerned with new pharmacy schools if they're stand-alone schools but this school has other programs so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Since you're from CA, I hope you enjoy the cold weather. ;)

Whether they become accredited or not depends on how well they meet the standards of the accreditation committee. There seem to be solid plans to construct a facility, provide the necessary staff and academics, and hopefully get enough students interested to start the process.

But, be warned: UNE is not a precandidate. According to their website: "The College of Pharmacy at the University of New England is currently seeking Precandidate Status through the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). Such status must be granted prior to enrolling any students in the Doctor of Pharmacy Program."

Yes, I noticed that their PA program is ranked in the top 20 in the nation and I believe they also have a D.O. program there as well, so I decided to give it a shot.

First I got a call from Admissions that I was invited. Then I got a letter in the mail.

Okie doke, I guess I'll be carrying my phone at all times then! :D

I just received an email from them that they have completed evaluating my prereq courseworks and verifying my transcripts. Now my file has been sent to the adcom. :xf:

I just received an email from them that they have completed evaluating my prereq courseworks and verifying my transcripts. Now my file has been sent to the adcom. :xf:

Good luck. Hopefully you won't waste any more money by traveling to this school to interview and then are rejected because they cannot enroll any students due to no accreditation status whatsoever with ACPE.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody heard anything from the school yet?

They sent me an e-mail to invite me for an interview this last friday. I scheduled for March 20th. Still waiting for a confirmation...

How long did it take for you to receive the invite after you received an email stating that they sent your file to the adcom for review? I still haven't gotten an invite yet.

On 2/12 I got an email stating they had received my application. On 2/26 my file was sent to adcom for review and on 2/27 I received an email for an interview. In the email they had a link to RSVP an interview date that best fit your schedule. The dates were 3/13, 3/20, and 3/27. I will be going on 3/13.

I got an email for an interview today... and i was wondering if they invite everyone who applies to the program or do they select them. All i know is that they will accept 100, but how many do they interview?????

If they only interview 200-300 for the 100 seats then its better than if they interview 500-600 for just 100 seats.

Hope thats not too confusing!!

How long did it take for you to receive the invite after you received an email stating that they sent your file to the adcom for review? I still haven't gotten an invite yet.

It took about a week. Don't worry you should get an invite soon :), it was completely unexpected for me.

Anybody got this message on 2/24, "UNE Pharm-D program Accreditation Status" from the UNE? This is the 2nd message I got from them. The first one on 2/12 said that they received my file from the PharmCas and in the process of completing the preliminary review. I assume everybody got the same thing.

Anybody got this message on 2/24, "UNE Pharm-D program Accreditation Status" from the UNE? This is the 2nd message I got from them. The first one on 2/12 said that they received my file from the PharmCas and in the process of completing the preliminary review. I assume everybody got the same thing.

Yes, I received that message last week.

Signed up to interview 3/27. Hoping they won't interview too many as well...:xf: THey also sounded very confidant on obtaining accred. status. I have no doubts of that. Just the size of their interview pool:confused: vs the 100 they will ultimately let in.:rolleyes:

For those of you who were invited to interview, when you scheduled your interview, did you get a confirmation e-mail?

Yes, I RSVP'd on Tuesday and got a conformation email on Wednesday. The email included a list of local hotels, a parking map and information about what will happen on the interview date.

Yes, I RSVP'd on Tuesday and got a conformation email on Wednesday. The email included a list of local hotels, a parking map and information about what will happen on the interview date.

I RSVP'd on Friday, never got confirmation :eek:. So I'm not sure :confused:, I will RSVP again today.

anyone flying to UNE for the march 20th interview???

How long did it take for people to get a response after they recieved the email stating that they have recieved your pharmcas app. ?

For those who have gotten interview invites, do you guys have any research experience? I'm just wondering because I know UNE is big on research. I still haven't gotten an invite yet, but it'd be nice to visit one of the New England states.

-My interview is 3/20 and I'll be flying from Houston, Texas!!!
-I have no research experience.
-I RSVP'd on Tues didn't get a confirmation so I emailed Mrs Warden today and got a confirmation right away
- Is anyone schedule to interview on 3/20 in the morning?

-I RSVP'd on Tues didn't get a confirmation so I emailed Mrs Warden today and got a confirmation right away

im interviewing same day and same time, what hotel are you staying at

For those who have gotten interview invites, do you guys have any research experience? I'm just wondering because I know UNE is big on research. I still haven't gotten an invite yet, but it'd be nice to visit one of the New England states.

i received an interview invite but i also do have research experience

I am also interviewing on the same day, same time, and have no research experience.

I compared prices from the list of hotels they provided us and Days In seems to have a reasonable price. It's like 51 dollars for 1 night stay. 11 minutes from campus and it's right next to the mall!!! hehe very close to airport also.

so apparently since im 20, i cant rent a car from the airport to get to my hotel and UNE for the interview.

anyone willing to give me a lift?? thanks

well..
hi all.
i'm an int'l student..
i've done bachelors in pharmacy.
gpa 3.77
pcat 35
bit worried regarding interview acceptence..

I almost applied to this school but I was missing a class, i think it was psychology...

Another question: For those who got an interview invite, did you guys apply via PharmCAS or their app that's posted on their website?

i also applied through pharmcas on jan 27th and my invite came on the 27th of feb, same day i interviewed at cu denver

I checked UNE under school designation on 2/3, but PharmCAS mailed it out on 2/9. So maybe they looked at the apps in the order that were received. I'll give them a call tomorrow to check on my status. I just hope they still plan to invite people in April.

I got the conformation email about pre-reqs and transcript being sent to adcom for review the other day. I haven't heard from them since. How long did it take for people to recieved a interview, waitlist, or denial?

so apparently since im 20, i cant rent a car from the airport to get to my hotel and UNE for the interview.

anyone willing to give me a lift?? thanks

Think about getting a taxi ,the airport is basically a mile or two from everything.

it took only a week for an interview invite once they had sent my application to be reviewed. however i just got accepted to my top school, so i cancelled my interview, so thats one more spot for someone else. good luck!

I finally received an interview invite from them! It looks like they're planning to conduct interviews until April 24.

Congrats! I knew you'd get one here.

Thanks. Yea, it turned out that they did invite me a while back, but for some reason I didn't receive their email message. So, they emailed me this morning to remind me and sent me the new dates coming up.

I just recieved an interview invite!!! I'm thinking about the April 3 date anyone else on that date?

Look like this school invited every application they got. I didn't expect they will invite me because my PCAT score are as low as you can possible think :( ..It was my first time taking PCAT in January... I can't can't believe myself when I look at my score..I don't know why the adcom want to interview me. I applied before my PCAT score was available, if I were know my PCAT score will be this low...I wound not bother to apply :) ....
So this lead me to think that they are interviewing every application...that mean is bad news for some of us...this make me not want to waste my money to travel because they are not interviewing people because they are interesting the particular applicant. They interview more to look better on them but wasting money and hope on many of us..:(
what are your PCAT score for those got interview ? if most of people fot 50 and below, then it seem like they don't care about PCAT score.
sorry if i confused people because it my first post :)