University of New England

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bnwj89

SPT
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen several people post about UNE, and one in particular that said they were to accepted there, but declined and instead chose to re-apply the following year...

Is this a bad program? I am really curious because I have an interview there but I don't want to waste money on a flight/hotel. Anyone have any information about the program?

Members don't see this ad.

I had an interview there was actually really impressed with the campus. It was a grad student campus only, their pass rate was pretty much as good as it gets, and the students there seemed happy.

The main reason I would reject them is simply because they are on the higher end of what PT schools cost, and without any sort of stipend option (and on top of that, the cost-of-living in the area is also really high).

Thank you very much for the input Neophyte! Does anyone else have experience with this school?

Also, am I correct in my calculations that this would school would be about 100k + living expenses?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you very much for the input Neophyte! Does anyone else have experience with this school?

Also, am I correct in my calculations that this would school would be about 100k + living expenses?

You're welcome!

Their website has it listed as $34,060 per year. If you add books it will probably be around $35,000. For 3 years that is $105,000.
If your living expenses are around $10,000 per year (just throwing out a number, I don't know exactly), that would be $135,000 for PT school, plus any undergrad debt. Far too much in my opinion.

http://www.une.edu/registrar/catalog/0910/graduate/gradfinancial.cfm

I am one who turned down an acceptance from UNE and decided to try again this year, two years later at more reputable schools. For the class that began in 2011, the school nearly doubled the class size. During my interview, I asked the faculty about this increase in class size (knowing they hadn't hired any new faculty) and the prof was very blunt and told me that the teaching staff was not in support of the change. Additionally, the anatomy lab is on another campus at least an hour away... So much for having easy access to cadavers. Also, I was not impressed with the facilities- to me it felt like a poorly funded small public campus rather than a private university. Finally, I found other candidates at the interview to be less than inspiring... Many were still in undergrad, immature, and unprepared for the interview.