University of Oklahoma c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
that's awesome~~I'm still waiting for mine to come hopefully it'll be in the mail sometimes this week~~if you don't mind me asking where do you live?

I live in OKC and am going to be attending the OKC campus in the fall. How 'bout you?

Members don't see this ad.

I still haven't received my letter but I do live in Michigan.

BoomerSoonerRX are you going to be living on campus? If so where? And if not do you know where there is a place that a majority of the students live? I didnt really get a straight answer at the interview. It seems people live all over. I figure I look at my options now so I can get a decent place for relatively cheap.

Oh yes I will be attending the OKC campus as well.

I still haven't received my letter but I do live in Michigan.

BoomerSoonerRX are you going to be living on campus? If so where? And if not do you know where there is a place that a majority of the students live? I didnt really get a straight answer at the interview. It seems people live all over. I figure I look at my options now so I can get a decent place for relatively cheap.

Oh yes I will be attending the OKC campus as well.

Yea BoomerSoonerRX since you live around the area why don't you give us some ideas as to where we can find a decent yet not too pricey place to live. those houses right next to HSC, are those student housings do you know?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, from what I learned from other OUHSC students and my tour guide on my interview day, those apartments next to the campus are exclusive for OUHSC students. Thats all I can really tell ya lol. I have never moved out so don't have much info/advice to give. :oops:

I too live in the OKC area, but I heard the area around the campus isn't the greatest... meaning, it's not very safe. I think the best way is to live on campus, or a couple of miles away from the campus. Only from what i've heard.

Does the school send out rejection letters?

Does the school send out rejection letters?

From what I hear from people who didn't get in in the past, the school will send out rejections around about the same time they send out their final acceptances.

From what I hear from people who didn't get in in the past, the school will send out rejections around about the same time they send out their final acceptances.

i see.. thank you and congrats!

This threads been quiet for a little bit. Anything new with anyone? I am sitting at OU passing time until my pilates class. Happy friday! :)

Paid mine on saturday. Anyone know when we should start hearing from financial aid? I've already done/submitted the necessary paper work a long while back.

Paid mine on saturday. Anyone know when we should start hearing from financial aid? I've already done/submitted the necessary paper work a long while back.

I called financial aid last week, and was told that they haven't looked at our submitted fafsa as of yet, and that we should be expecting to hear from them around mid-april. If not, you should definitely give them a call and check with them to make sure.

Other than the FAFSA, was there any other required paperwork we needed to fill out for financial aid?

Members don't see this ad :)
Other than the FAFSA, was there any other required paperwork we needed to fill out for financial aid?

I contacted the Financial Aid office a couple weeks ago in regards to this and some other questions. They said that as long as you did the FAFSA, you should be all set. We just have to wait for them to finish putting together all the packets. I didn't get any kind of timeline on when we would get these packets, although I would imagine some time around late May.

So I'm looking for places to live. I need to rent a HOUSE (not apt.)... does anyone know what part of the city to start looking in and/or any online resources? I'll be flying out at the end of April to start looking (physically), but I need to get the ball rolilng before then. Thanks!

I contacted the Financial Aid office a couple weeks ago in regards to this and some other questions. They said that as long as you did the FAFSA, you should be all set. We just have to wait for them to finish putting together all the packets. I didn't get any kind of timeline on when we would get these packets, although I would imagine some time around late May.

So I'm looking for places to live. I need to rent a HOUSE (not apt.)... does anyone know what part of the city to start looking in and/or any online resources? I'll be flying out at the end of April to start looking (physically), but I need to get the ball rolilng before then. Thanks!

Thanks for the info! I'm not familiar with the best areas to live in OKC, so I can't help you there...but as far as online resources go, try http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/apa/. It seems to have a lot of options on there.

YAY!
i am in! i got my acceptance just yesterday and i am sooooo HAPPY!!!

How long did it take you guys to get the packet or other information...I still havent gotten anything except the Acceptance email from Ms. Richardson..
what should I be expecting?

Did you guys get your immunizations/vaccinazations yet?
Criminal Background check?
Drug test?

Already filled out the FAFSA, and so far, i think thats all we have to do for financial aid right?

is there anything i am missing?
i got my acceptance pretty late, but am i missing anything?

Rejected, I guess I screwed that interview pretty bad

for people looking for housing- i looked into Regency Tower apts. and i dont know..seems nice enough from the website and pictures..
if anyone is around the OKC campus, maybe you wanna look into it more..

its only a 7 min drive from OU-COP (2 miles)

YAY!
i am in! i got my acceptance just yesterday and i am sooooo HAPPY!!!

How long did it take you guys to get the packet or other information...I still havent gotten anything except the Acceptance email from Ms. Richardson..
what should I be expecting?

Did you guys get your immunizations/vaccinazations yet?
Criminal Background check?
Drug test?

Already filled out the FAFSA, and so far, i think thats all we have to do for financial aid right?

is there anything i am missing?
i got my acceptance pretty late, but am i missing anything?

You'll get a hard copy of that e-mail in about 2 weeks and then you'll get a 2nd letter in the mail with instructions for the deposit about 2 weeks after that.

Just finished my vaccinations yesterday (I've had everything except the tetanus shot, so I just had to get titers done).

I don't think we need to do the criminal background check or drug test until they tell us to. The reason being, they want to have the MOST up to date info on that stuff, so they'll test/check right before you start your experientials.

As long as you did the FAFSA, you're done with Financial Aid.

gluck!! i'm coming to OK in may to find an apt... any suggestions anyone?

OHH wow thanks a lot for the info jammerdez!

i am still waiting for the 1st email even..the hard copy of the acceptance email..
havent gotten anything yet..
but i am so excited to be in!

I think me and my soon to be husband are going to have an apartment in the suburbs probably..
so i am not sure...
but i thought the regency towers seemed okay enought..
the only bad part is that there is no washer/dryers in the unit..
i dunno !

I have officially declined my spot. Hopefully the person who gets my spot likes the school as much as I did. It just didnt make sense for me to go there considering the 130,000 in tuition (out of state) compared to 60,000 at Wayne State (my hometown school). Also considering they both have the same ranking.

Anyways good luck to you all!

OHH wow thanks a lot for the info jammerdez!

i am still waiting for the 1st email even..the hard copy of the acceptance email..
havent gotten anything yet..
but i am so excited to be in!

I think me and my soon to be husband are going to have an apartment in the suburbs probably..
so i am not sure...
but i thought the regency towers seemed okay enought..
the only bad part is that there is no washer/dryers in the unit..
i dunno !

Just as an update... they just sent out an e-mail stating NOT to get the drug test/background test until they ask you to (they probably read this forum/thread).

Quick question (I'll call tomorrow if noone has a definitive answer... just can't call at the moment).

When I was paying my deposit, I noticed a section on my account/profile for all of my submitted information. One of the things highlighted as missing was a high school transcript. I don't remember seeing anything stating they needed my high school stuff. It's not a problem, just gotta do the leg work that I'm too lazy to do. Does anyone know if this is actually necessary? Did anyone/everyone submit their high school transcripts at some point?

Quick question (I'll call tomorrow if noone has a definitive answer... just can't call at the moment).

When I was paying my deposit, I noticed a section on my account/profile for all of my submitted information. One of the things highlighted as missing was a high school transcript. I don't remember seeing anything stating they needed my high school stuff. It's not a problem, just gotta do the leg work that I'm too lazy to do. Does anyone know if this is actually necessary? Did anyone/everyone submit their high school transcripts at some point?

I submitted mine along with all my application stuff because I needed to show that I fulfilled the foreign language requirements since I didn't take any foreign language in college, but did in high school.

Just as an update... they just sent out an e-mail stating NOT to get the drug test/background test until they ask you to (they probably read this forum/thread).

For what it's worth, they do read these forums. Also, they use a drug and background testing facility so that everyone has to go to the same facility and get standardized testing that is reported directly back to the school.

I had a late interview on April 13 due to a late PCAT score. So now i am playing the waiting game.

I had a late interview on April 13 due to a late PCAT score. So now i am playing the waiting game.

I feel ya... I had it on the same day too... May feels so far away when you're waiting for an email from them, even though the beginning of May is like next week.

I feel ya... I had it on the same day too... May feels so far away when you're waiting for an email from them, even though the beginning of May is like next week.
I have been hounding my email like crazy. i am expecting it sooner then later but you never know with them, so i am just going to ignore my email at all costs until May maybe :) did you start getting your immunization stuff done? and which girl were you?

Last edited:
3 more weeks 'till finals! What's everyone got planned this summer?

Finishing up my project. I've found a cure for all forms of cancer and the by-product is 5 carat diamond gemstones. It's almost done... I just can't get the green jello to work right. Gonna need to find a proper substitute... hmmm :annoyed:

I have been hounding my email like crazy. i am expecting it sooner then later but you never know with them, so i am just going to ignore my email at all costs until May maybe :) did you start getting your immunization stuff done? and which girl were you?

i know me too. :( it's killing me every day... i think the only immunization that i have to take is my second chicken pox shot. i got everything else because of volunteering... I was the only girl wearing pink.

i know me too. :( it's killing me every day... i think the only immunization that i have to take is my second chicken pox shot. i got everything else because of volunteering... I was the only girl wearing pink.

Ok i think i remember you then... I think i had my interview with the panel right before you, i was the second person for the upstairs panel and you were the third right. and you should just have them take blood from you, you dont want the vericella shot more then you have to.

Ok i think i remember you then... I think i had my interview with the panel right before you, i was the second person for the upstairs panel and you were the third right. and you should just have them take blood from you, you dont want the vericella shot more then you have to.

oh really? but i thought we had to get both of them?

oh really? but i thought we had to get both of them?

Oh i thought you were saying that you were saying you didnt remember if you had both. and i wouldnt wanna get it again if you didnt have to. I was talking to someone about the waiting and they said a reason they are taking so long is to see how many repeats they are going to have at the end of this semester.

Just spent the weekend out in OKC looking at the various areas of OKC so I can get an idea of where I want to rent a house. Gotta say I like the city! Quick question though... for those of you who are locals, what freeways have the worst traffic? As far as I could tell, coming in from Edmond or Norman in the morning was congested, but I didn't get to see anything else.

So here's a question that's been worrying me, what do you do about all the tornadoes? It's scaring the bejeezes out of me to think I'm going to live in tornado alley for 4+ years. Do you all have storm cellars or what ? Is there a good part of OKC or surrounding area to live in that is less tornado prone or is it all fair game?

Congrats Cliff!

Congrats! So does anyone have an opinion on which ones better b/w the Regency tower apts and the deep deuce apts? and i also wanna know about the tornadoes too...

well i wish i knew and i wish i was looking for a place to stay in OKC.... but they placed me in the Tulsa campus. Ohwell pharmacy school is pharmacy school :) :laugh::D:D:D

So here's a question that's been worrying me, what do you do about all the tornadoes? It's scaring the bejeezes out of me to think I'm going to live in tornado alley for 4+ years. Do you all have storm cellars or what ? Is there a good part of OKC or surrounding area to live in that is less tornado prone or is it all fair game?

Tornadoes aren't that big of a deal to me, because I have seen 2 and been in a bajillion tornado warnings. Don't get me wrong. they are dangerous. During March/April we tend to have daily tornado watch/warnings. Some people have storm cellars, apartments do not. If you are in a 'nader without a cellar, go to an inner room/closet of your house that doesn't have windows. Keep a good battery powered radio and flashlight handy also. Storms strike anywhere, so you aren't better off if you live in the city or whatever. They do tend to strike the suburbs more often I've noticed though............