University of Oklahoma Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
NO letter here...geez we are getting jipped. I am taking it again in August and try to get some pharmacy experience...if I can fit it into my schedule. If i dont get in, then i'm going to spend a lot of time trying to finish my microbio degree witin my senior year. Man this year just seems to be like a big mess.

Members don't see this ad.

I have already started my Medical Technology internship yesterday. I didn't know what else to do. Med Tech was my plan B since I only applied to OU because it is almost impossible for me to relocate. I just wish they would hurry up and let us know our status.

That would be nice wouldnt it. Sometimes I cant help but think they like keeping us in the dark or being very vague with their answers.

Members don't see this ad :)
No letter today, what is up? When are you going to take the PCAT again? The last registration date for June is friday. I am wanting to take it in June if I get a denial letter, but I will wait and take it later if I am an alternate. This whole waiting bit is getting really old.:mad:

I will probably take it in August. Maybe in October as well.

The only thing I am worried about is if I get a lower score. Does anyone know if they take the highest or most recent score?

I was told that they take the most recent, not the highest.

Aww I got the bad letter...man I really dont want to do all this stuff over again. Does anyone know a good way to become a pharm tech or get observation hours in? Because I think thats what I was severly lacking. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys and good luck to everyone!

Aww I got the bad letter...man I really dont want to do all this stuff over again. Does anyone know a good way to become a pharm tech or get observation hours in? Because I think thats what I was severly lacking. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys and good luck to everyone!

I bet mine is in my mailbox. That stinks.

Sorry about the bad news. Probably the easiest way to become a tech is to start as a clerk, learn the trade and then apply for your license. The hard part is adtually finding a clerk job but once you get one the move up to tech is quick and easy. I'd recommend applying at Walmart and Walgreens and also some of the smaller "mom and pop" type pharmacies where it can be a lot easier to gain experience. Don't be too discouraged - you're certainly not the only one to get the bad news and even those of us who got waitlisted are not really optimistic. Most of us will be reapplying too.

Good luck!

Okay, what's the deal???? No letter today. I have no idea what this means!!!!!! All I can say is that I am getting very frustrated at OU.

Got my rejection letter today. Still in shock. I just don't know what to do to improve.

I just can't quit my job for pharmacy experience. As a single mother I can't survive on a pharm clerk or techs wages. I really don't want to give up my volunteer job. I don't know if I can do girl scouts and volunteer at a pharmacy. What else could it have been? I must have really sucked at my interview. I thought it went great.

I am just shocked. That is all I can say.:eek:

Well if you want to shadow somebody, you should go to Pete at Homeland down in Norman. He's a very nice guy and will probably let you shadow him. Or you could go fill out the information over at health for friends and see if you can volunteer with them. You should do it now for the fall or spring semester. There are usually a lot of people who want volunteer to make their application look better.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im sorry ousooner14 and oupharmd. I know it is so frustrating. I really don't know what they are looking for in a candidate. Well, we will all probably be reapplying together. I am not holding my breath on the whole alternate thing...If I would have last year I wouldn't be here:(

Well if you want to shadow somebody, you should go to Pete at Homeland down in Norman. He's a very nice guy and will probably let you shadow him. Or you could go fill out the information over at health for friends and see if you can volunteer with them. You should do it now for the fall or spring semester. There are usually a lot of people who want volunteer to make their application look better.

Health for Friends? where is that at or how can I get an application or volunteer. Thanks for your help!

Health for Friends? where is that at or how can I get an application or volunteer. Thanks for your help!

http://www.ou.edu/volunteer/opportunities/medical.htm

Scroll down to health for friends. I never actually got to help out b/c I applied so late but if you start early you might get a chance. I only ended up shadowing with that Pete guy. But I think it's located right across from the robinson hospital. I don't quite remember, but good luck anyways.

Got my rejection letter today. Still in shock. I just don't know what to do to improve.

I just can't quit my job for pharmacy experience. As a single mother I can't survive on a pharm clerk or techs wages. I really don't want to give up my volunteer job. I don't know if I can do girl scouts and volunteer at a pharmacy. What else could it have been? I must have really sucked at my interview. I thought it went great.

I am just shocked. That is all I can say.:eek:

:eek: With your stats, I can't believe you got denied. All I can recommend is to make an appointment with the school to go over your application and find out what you need. Since you're in the Tulsa area, call up Coralee Duncan (her direct number is 660-3582) and see if she'll help you.

:eek: With your stats, I can't believe you got denied. All I can recommend is to make an appointment with the school to go over your application and find out what you need. Since you're in the Tulsa area, call up Coralee Duncan (her direct number is 660-3582) and see if she'll help you.

Thanks. I will give her a call once I calm down. Still pretty upset and angry.

http://www.ou.edu/volunteer/opportunities/medical.htm

Scroll down to health for friends. I never actually got to help out b/c I applied so late but if you start early you might get a chance. I only ended up shadowing with that Pete guy. But I think it's located right across from the robinson hospital. I don't quite remember, but good luck anyways.

THanks for the help! Man my senior year is going to be crazy busy

No letter in the mail today! Ok, do think I should email Jennifer and ask why I have not received a letter or should I just wait? I have a feeling it will be a denial letter, so I kinda want to put it off.:eek: Besides, I have gotten use to waiting.

Again.....no letter. Jennifer is out of the office until Monday so maybe I will get some sort of response next week. I can't believe that I still do not know anything about my status.

Finally got my letter. Not good. At least I now know my status. :thumbdown:

Wow seems like a lot of people might not get in this year. Do the people that did not get in or are those who are on the wiating list mind telling their stats, like gpa, pcat, and pharmacy experiance?

Wow seems like a lot of people might not get in this year. Do the people that did not get in or are those who are on the wiating list mind telling their stats, like gpa, pcat, and pharmacy experiance?

Haven't seen you on this thread before. Did you also apply to OU? If so did you get in and what were your stats?

GPA <3.0
PCAT 95
10 years pharmacy experience

It's been quiet in here...everyone alright? I've been gone for about a week recovering from sinus surgery (that was a blast) expecting to have a lot to catch up on. Has anyone heard anything new? I called Coralee in the Tulsa campus to ask for an appointment to go over my app to let them know how serious I am, and also to know what I can do to be a better candidate and left a message a few days ago and still have not heard from her. Should I call again?

It's been quiet in here...everyone alright? I've been gone for about a week recovering from sinus surgery (that was a blast) expecting to have a lot to catch up on. Has anyone heard anything new? I called Coralee in the Tulsa campus to ask for an appointment to go over my app to let them know how serious I am, and also to know what I can do to be a better candidate and left a message a few days ago and still have not heard from her. Should I call again?

I think that I probably would. I'm sure that she is busy, but for an important matter like this, she should make time.

I think that I probably would. I'm sure that she is busy, but for an important matter like this, she should make time.

Yes, call her back. She is not very good at returning phone calls. If you have the time you might just want to drop in at her office, this way she can't ignore you. That's what I am planning on doing when I have the time.

Yeah I'm going to schedule an appointment with Jennifer when I get back to Norman in August to work on my application. Also I was able to get a friend to let me observe her parents since they both work are pharmacists, which is good right? Other than that I'm taking summer school and planning to take my pcat again. This summer has not been fun...random info, but I have to get a breast biopsy done...not looking foward to that haha.

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum but I have been reading it for a while now. I first of all want to say I am sorry to all of you that have not gotten into pharmacy school. Second, congrats to all of those who have. I got my letter on April 6. I will be with the entering class at OU Tulsa. I did not have the best PCAT score and my GPA was not as high as I would have liked it but on the other hand, I do have 7 years of retail pharmacy experience and 2 years of hospital experience. I still currently work at both places. I don't know if this helped me but we certainly talked alot about my work and work situations in my interview. Everyone that I have talked to said that they think work experience is a major factor. Best of luck to everyone!:)

Does anyone know of a nice and cheap apartment in Tulsa? I'm looking to stay somewhat close to campus.

thanks

Hey guys, I'm a long time lurker but I just want to say it sounds like OU is missing out some good candidates this year.

Anyways, I just wanted to see if anyone here heard back from there fin aid loans? I got the fin aid letter, did the online thing, sent back the letter indicating which bank I'm using, got forms to sent to the bank, and sent it to them. But I haven't recieved anything back from them. I've never taken out loans in my life, so does it take them awhile to do a backround check and all that stuff?

Hey guys, I'm a long time lurker but I just want to say it sounds like OU is missing out some good candidates this year.

Anyways, I just wanted to see if anyone here heard back from there fin aid loans? I got the fin aid letter, did the online thing, sent back the letter indicating which bank I'm using, got forms to sent to the bank, and sent it to them. But I haven't recieved anything back from them. I've never taken out loans in my life, so does it take them awhile to do a backround check and all that stuff?

It sounds to me like you're done, so you won't be hearing from them again...

Hello everyone, and congratulations to all of you who will be my school mates next fall. Feel free to send or post me a message if you have any questions.

Thanks Down on the Pharm! Which campus do you attend? What year are you? I'll be in Tulsa. I can't wait! :)

Thanks Down on the Pharm! Which campus do you attend? What year are you? I'll be in Tulsa. I can't wait! :)

I will be starting my P2 year this fall. I attend the Oklahoma City Campus.

I would recommend everyone start in on any immunizations they are lacking or titers they need ASAP, especially if you need HepB. You can still go on site visits without having all three shots, but the school keeps bugging you to update your file.

If you all are bored this summer might as well start memorizing the top 200 drugs, brand/generic/class. We didnt need to know anything more than that last year, but.... if you didnt know them memorizing 50 drugs with random made up names was a bit tricky because you get the last of them two days before the exams.

Which lender did everybody use and why? I am trying to choose a lender for financial aid and need some help. Thanks

I will be starting my P2 year this fall. I attend the Oklahoma City Campus.

I would recommend everyone start in on any immunizations they are lacking or titers they need ASAP, especially if you need HepB. You can still go on site visits without having all three shots, but the school keeps bugging you to update your file.

If you all are bored this summer might as well start memorizing the top 200 drugs, brand/generic/class. We didnt need to know anything more than that last year, but.... if you didnt know them memorizing 50 drugs with random made up names was a bit tricky because you get the last of them two days before the exams.

Wow! That's good stuff. Thanks for the info. I decided to google the top 200 drugs, and I found this site: http://www.drugs.com/top200.html.

Which lender did everybody use and why? I am trying to choose a lender for financial aid and need some help. Thanks

I just stayed with the same bank that I have been using which is bank of america. I don't know what the effect of choosing a different lender would lead to. I was thinking that since the rates of the loans were fixed, that it wasn't that big of a deal :eek:.

Watch this bite me in the ass :D

Also got a new oreintation email. Seems like we have alot of forms to fill out :beat:

It's been awhile since anyone has posted in here so I thought I would break the silence. I just wanted to say that as of 8-6-07 I am officially in the class of 2011 tulsa campus!!! I am stoked...I can't believe it. They weren't kidding when they said the alternates could be called up to a week before class starts.

Congratulations!!!!

I hope to join all of you next year. I haven't given up yet!

It's been awhile since anyone has posted in here so I thought I would break the silence. I just wanted to say that as of 8-6-07 I am officially in the class of 2011 tulsa campus!!! I am stoked...I can't believe it. They weren't kidding when they said the alternates could be called up to a week before class starts.

Yeah, I talked to Darla Puckett the 9th and she said they admitted 7 people.

Congratulation oupharm2!:clap: I'll be seeing you Wednesday.

Hey Cyclo! Me too. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. You've been a great support system through this process. :) I heard from my "mentor" yesterday. She said there is a mentor/mentee lunch tomorrow.

Are you all excited about starting tomorrow? I am! :D

Hey Cyclo! Me too. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. You've been a great support system through this process. :) I heard from my "mentor" yesterday. She said there is a mentor/mentee lunch tomorrow.

I'm super pumped

I forgot to write my name. Darnit.

Hey everybody,

This is my first post but I have been checking the forum for the past couple of weeks and just recently registered. I just got done reading this whole thread and first I want to congratulate everybody that got in and also express my sadness for everybody that did not get in! It was like watching a movie as I read, and I really felt the pain for you guys that had to wait so long and just getting a denial letter.:mad:

Had a question for you guys... What were some low GPA that got accepted??? I don't have a good GPA and I have decided that wanted to change my major and get all the prerequisites done for pharmacy and try to bring my GPA up. I am also going to be getting a job in a pharmacy for the next 2 yrs (as I finish my prerequisites). Do you guys think I have a chance to get in with a high PCAT, Low GPA (but high recent GPA), and 2yrs of experince??

I guess I should start a new thread for my question...:rolleyes:

Again good luck for everybody that did not get in this year!!!