University of Oklahoma Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also received a financial award letter for alot of money after filling out my fafsa information last Wednesday. How weird is that?

Members don't see this ad.

So anyone tired of waiting..like me?

So anyone tired of waiting..like me?

Heck yeah!!!!

I was just about to post how long should we wait until we contact Jennifer again about our status?

I am thinking I will wait until the 15th, one month from the date we were informed of our "wait" status.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I will have to contact her soon because I am going back home for the summer. So when I have to, I will ask her. Sometimes I'm scared to email her because I feel like I'm bothering her. But I'm hoping a lot of people decided to go somewhere else LOL:D

I hope we hear something soon...as far as I understand it we should get an answer back regardless of it's a yes or a no...so I don't quite know how long we have to wait. Last year when I was an alternate I just got an email saying I was an alternate and that basically it was a No unless someone dropped before school started there was none of this re-evaluating the application....with us I think that they are going to go back through the hold candidates, re-evaluate and make decisions I just don't know when. I don't believe they filled all the slots with the first round letters. I also heard from some P1's that if you got a D you had to redo all your C's and that if it was too many to finish over the summer that you had to repeat the first year over and if this was the case that they would take from our seats. Maybe they are waiting for some of there grades before they fill all the seats. I don't know. I'm basically just trying to believe that I have better odds than last year. When anyone hears ANYTHING please post it.

Helllllllloooooooooooo again everybody. I am finally starting to crawl out of the hole I have been in for 2 weeks. Figured out that me and milk really don't get along anymore. I still have hope for you guys, even though you may be getting down....don't give up.

Somebody askededed about OU season tickets.....I have 6 club level tickets....okay, my dad has 6 club level, anyway, you can go inside and watch. They are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had season tickets since 99 (again, my dad has had season tickets) and my 3 year old daughter has had them since I was 3 months pregnant with her.

Hey guys - check your e-mail. Jennifer Richardson just sent out a message to everybody. Don't get your hopes up, though - there really is nothing new in the message.

I hope we hear something soon...as far as I understand it we should get an answer back regardless of it's a yes or a no...so I don't quite know how long we have to wait. Last year when I was an alternate I just got an email saying I was an alternate and that basically it was a No unless someone dropped before school started there was none of this re-evaluating the application....with us I think that they are going to go back through the hold candidates, re-evaluate and make decisions I just don't know when. I don't believe they filled all the slots with the first round letters. I also heard from some P1's that if you got a D you had to redo all your C's and that if it was too many to finish over the summer that you had to repeat the first year over and if this was the case that they would take from our seats. Maybe they are waiting for some of there grades before they fill all the seats. I don't know. I'm basically just trying to believe that I have better odds than last year. When anyone hears ANYTHING please post it.

Well I have a friend who currently is a P-1 student and she said her class had 84 people in the fall when she started. So she believes that it does not affect the number of people accepted and they just add those who failed to the new class. It wouldn't be fair if they took away open seats because of students who couldn't pass their classes. So I dont know, it may be a good question to ask Jennifer to make sure!

I really hope you are right...I want in SO badly, and I'm sure everyone else does too.

Well I have a friend who currently is a P-1 student and she said her class had 84 people in the fall when she started. So she believes that it does not affect the number of people accepted and they just add those who failed to the new class. It wouldn't be fair if they took away open seats because of students who couldn't pass their classes. So I dont know, it may be a good question to ask Jennifer to make sure!

They're only accredited to graduate 140 people a year, sooooooo I doubt that they add people to the class past that number.........:confused:

Yeah you never know, they might enroll more students on accident or made a mistake...lets hope for the best! Yes, I hope my friend is right.

Ok, I found out that the P1's take there finals next week so hopefully they will let us on "hold" know shortly after that. Hang in there guys!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Lets hope they pass their classes. Actually, I cant remember the number of students my friend told me that didnt pass their classes first semester...AHHHHHH had to scream for a second. Man, I hope there's room for us!

So I asked my friend again about her class and all who failed and this is what she told me

"I think there were 5-10 people (OKC + Tulsa) who didn't pass last semester and I think there will be a few this semester as well. No telling, though. I don't know why they are so concerned about number of seats. Last year they accepted 140 like they said they would and we ended up with almost 150 because so many people in the year before us failed classes."

So I really dont know whats going on, they may have to change their format because so many people are failling. However, thats not really fair to us if they said they were going to accept 140 total and they have to use some of those spots for people who didnt try very hard from last year.

Don't forget to send in those transcripts!!!!

Have any of the "holders" started getting your vaccinations yet? I've already done my FAFSA and I don't have any more transcripts to turn in so I think after the vaccination history form I will be set for enrollment when, not if, I get my acceptance letter ;)

For those who have been accepted to OKC, what kind of accomodation arrangements have y'all made? It is quite a challenging exercise with the wait list for university village being so long!

Have any of the "holders" started getting your vaccinations yet? I've already done my FAFSA and I don't have any more transcripts to turn in so I think after the vaccination history form I will be set for enrollment when, not if, I get my acceptance letter ;)

I have not started getting my vaccinations yet. I figure that it will be fairly expensive and considering how much money I've already dumped into this whole process, I've decided to wait until I find out for sure.

I have everything done except my varicella and igg antibody blood tests.

I just got the tetanus (sp?) shot (tdap) at the Tulsa City-County Health Department. It cost $10. I think you can get others there as well.

I know they also do the TB screening, but I'm not sure how much it is.

I don't have my original shot record, so I'm having to get blood tests for titers for the others which I did through my regular doctor. It also means I'll have to get another td shot. :(

Unitil I get home after finals, I wont know what shots I have to get..hopefully not that many ;)....so once again any predictions when we will get any notifications...I say before the end of this month

....so once again any predictions when we will get any notifications...I say before the end of this month

Geez, I hope so. This week or next week would be even better but I'll take what I can get...:)

I just got the tetanus (sp?) shot (tdap) at the Tulsa City-County Health Department. It cost $10. I think you can get others there as well.

I know they also do the TB screening, but I'm not sure how much it is.

I don't have my original shot record, so I'm having to get blood tests for titers for the others which I did through my regular doctor. It also means I'll have to get another td shot. :(

OU does the TB screening for free for the whole class.

For those who have been accepted to OKC, what kind of accomodation arrangements have y'all made? It is quite a challenging exercise with the wait list for university village being so long!

I found a place in Del City that I'm moving into this week. It's cheap and it's only about 6 miles from the HSC.

I found a place in Del City that I'm moving into this week. It's cheap and it's only about 6 miles from the HSC.

Can you please give the info about this place?
Thanks!

Butterfly918 and anyone esle who applied at OU & SWOSU:)

I was just wondering if anyone has been accepted at OU & SWOSU, that will be turning the offer down at SWOSU. I was denied at OU but made alternate list for SWOSU. Hoping the best for all of you still waiting to hear.;)

I did get accepted to both schools, and I will not be attending SWOSU. I thought I might have a tough decision to make at first, but then I called my wife to tell her I had also been accepted at SWOSU. Her response was, "we're not moving." . . . . . So that's that. I guess it wasn't such a tough decision after all.
Anyways, good luck to ya Pharm21.

I did get accepted to both schools, and I will not be attending SWOSU. I thought I might have a tough decision to make at first, but then I called my wife to tell her I had also been accepted at SWOSU. Her response was, "we're not moving." . . . . . So that's that. I guess it wasn't such a tough decision after all.
Anyways, good luck to ya Pharm21.

Thanks for letting me know, if you dont mind me asking on your acceptance letter to SWOSU how long it says that you have to accept or decline your offer. OU was definetly my 1st choice to go.:)

I was accepted to SWOSU, but will be declining. I will probably send my letter in on Monday. The letter says to reply no later than May 31st. Like edumacated, I thought it would be a tough decision, but with my daughter in her senior year of high school in Broken Arrow, we decided it just wouldn't work.

Good Luck, I hope you get in! :luck:

Thanks butterfly918 & educamated for letting me know, at least I know I still have hope to get into pharmacy school:luck: :) , good luck at OU.

Has any of the "holders" heard anything? I am getting so anxious....I just want to know...that I got accepted that is. How is everyone else hanging in there? Does anyone know how many applicants are on hold? I hope Jennifer will update us soon. I feel bad always bothering her but I'm tired of not knowing anything. :confused:

Has any of the "holders" heard anything? I am getting so anxious....I just want to know...that I got accepted that is. How is everyone else hanging in there? Does anyone know how many applicants are on hold? I hope Jennifer will update us soon. I feel bad always bothering her but I'm tired of not knowing anything. :confused:

I definitely know what you mean. I've not heard anything either though. The semester is closing though and hopefully they'll be able to devote some time to making decisions. Keep your fingers crossed!

I'm on hold also and I haven't heard anything new, aside from what she has told us in her email. I tell people my situation and they dont think its fair that we have to wait this long. The only thing I have left to do is turn in my spring transcript...so more waiting... GOOD LUCK to everyone though!

This waiting is terrible. I keep thinking that maybe God is trying to teach me some patience or something. I try to stay positive but the longer the wait the harder it becomes. The worst part for me is when my family asks me if I've heard anything yet and then they get upset, not neccessarily at me but just at the situation. I'm like gosh stop asking already, I will definitely tell you as soon as I know anything. I'm having surgery in a few weeks on my sinuses (again) and will be out of the loop for about a week so I am hoping that I know by then. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Just a little bit of a rant here. I sent my Spring transcripts to the address listed on the interview info. page, but somehow they ended up at the OUHSC, but not in the college of pharmacy.

Jennifer now says "we don't share transcripts", so I now need to send another copy directly to her! :mad:

If you haven't sent your transcripts in, make sure to send them directly to Jennifer! She suggested I use her signature from her e-mails as the address.

So, here I go again, sending more transcripts! ugg!

Just a little bit of a rant here. I sent my Spring transcripts to the address listed on the interview info. page, but somehow they ended up at the OUHSC, but not in the college of pharmacy.

Jennifer now says "we don't share transcripts", so I now need to send another copy directly to her! :mad:

If you haven't sent your transcripts in, make sure to send them directly to Jennifer! She suggested I use her signature from her e-mails as the address.

Could have been worse...You could have procrastinated and sent the transcripts to the wrong address at the last moment. Then you might have really been up a creek. Although, if I remember correctly, you've already been accepted, so you'd probably be OK in that case. In any event, I'd much rather have your problem than mine (and several other people on here), waiting for word....:scared:

I'm confused. I just checked, and those addresses are the same....1110 Stonewall Ave.

Maybe you didn't put office of Pharmacy Student Affairs????:confused: :confused:

Could have been worse...You could have procrastinated and sent the transcripts to the wrong address at the last moment. Then you might have really been up a creek. Although, if I remember correctly, you've already been accepted, so you'd probably be OK in that case. In any event, I'd much rather have your problem than mine (and several other people on here), waiting for word:

Exactly!!!!

I'm confused. I just checked, and those addresses are the same....1110 Stonewall Ave.

Maybe you didn't put office of Pharmacy Student Affairs????:confused: :confused:

I addressed it to OU College of Pharmacy, Office of Pharmacy Student Affairs at the 1110 Stonewall addres, just not specifically to Jennifer. I think it's me- everytime I try to send transcripts, they somehow get lost. :( I've learned the hard way to send them early and double check that they were sent and received.

Anyway, I didn't mean to sound insensitive to those still waiting. I really do feel lucky to have been accepted. I think it stinks that they are making y'all wait so long. I'm still hoping you will all get in and wish you the best of luck! :luck:

I addressed it to OU College of Pharmacy, Office of Pharmacy Student Affairs at the 1110 Stonewall addres, just not specifically to Jennifer. I think it's me- everytime I try to send transcripts, they somehow get lost. :( I've learned the hard way to send them early and double check that they were sent and received.

Anyway, I didn't mean to sound insensitive to those still waiting. I really do feel lucky to have been accepted. I think it stinks that they are making y'all wait so long. I'm still hoping you will all get in and wish you the best of luck! :luck:

It didn't say anywhere on that page to address them to someone specific, and I'm going to be HACKED off if I have to send another one. :mad: :mad:

Did you call or email her???

I e-mailed her to see if my transcript had been received. She replied back that she didn't have them. However, on the OUHSC admission status page, it shows that they were received. (Spring grades posted).

So I e-mailed her again and she said they don't share transcripts, and she's not sure what happened to them. She then said that she still needed an official copy for their records and to address them exactly like her signature on the e-mail. So I went ahead and sent them and am praying they get to her this time!

I would check with her If I were you and make sure she has them. But it's probably just me-, I had to send them twice to Pharmcas, twice to SWOSU, and now twice to OU :mad: .

Oh, hey I didn't mean it that way. You didn't sound insensitive - I was just trying to make you feel a little better.:D Don't worry about the waiters - we're tough and I'm still confident that we're going to get in (all of us). Can you hear the cheers in the background? :p

Thanks for trying to make me feel better. :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed, praying, wishing, hoping, sending you all good thoughts, etc. Keep believing!

Jennifer sent out another e-mail today-basically saying to send transcripts to her if you haven't already and to look for more information on enrollment and orientation around mid-June. Also that we need to start the immunization process and not wait until we start school in the fall.

Thanks for trying to make me feel better. :) I'm keeping my fingers crossed, praying, wishing, hoping, sending you all good thoughts, etc. Keep believing!

Jennifer sent out another e-mail today-basically saying to send transcripts to her if you haven't already and to look for more information on enrollment and orientation around mid-June. Also that we need to start the immunization process and not wait until we start school in the fall.

You must be really unlucky!!! I just received an email from Jennifer saying she received my transcript, even though I sent it to the exact same name and address you did. Oh well, this morning, before I received the email, I had my college send another, I got worried!!!!

I hope that you all get in, and I'm sure you all will. Has anyone checked their waitlist status?? (what number) Good luck to you all!!!! :luck: :luck:

You must be really unlucky!!! I just received an email from Jennifer saying she received my transcript, even though I sent it to the exact same name and address you did. Oh well, this morning, before I received the email, I had my college send another, I got worried!!!!

I hope that you all get in, and I'm sure you all will. Has anyone checked their waitlist status?? (what number) Good luck to you all!!!! :luck: :luck:

We've been told by Jennifer that we're not actually on a waitlist. It's more like a second round of admissions. Jennifer has been pretty tight-lipped about the whole thing though and information is sparse, to say the least.

So do we even have to go ahead and get a TB test if they are giving it to us for free when classes start? Also do i just go to the doctor to get my blood tested for the chicken pox? Thanks for the help guys. But I am still tired of waiting and I have to send my spring transcript in since they just released grades yesterday!