University of Pittsburgh DPT program feedback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mty94

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I got accepted to Pitt's program and while I'm excited for the opportunity I'm a little apprehensive because I don't know too much about it in terms of what the student body and professors are like. I recently heard through the grapevine that the program is really tough and even cutthroat to the point that there is a bit of a "weening out" process early on. I'd expect any program any PT program to be difficult, but can anyone who goes to Pitt or who has been accepted attest to this completive environment or give any feedback about what they know/have heard about the program?
 
I cannot attest to the environment or the internal competitiveness of the program, but we recently had a Pitt grad hired onto our staff and she is awesome. She was also a neuro PT resident. They do produce skilled and knowledgeable clinicians.
 
So I got accepted to Pitt's program and while I'm excited for the opportunity I'm a little apprehensive because I don't know too much about it in terms of what the student body and professors are like. I recently heard through the grapevine that the program is really tough and even cutthroat to the point that there is a bit of a "weening out" process early on. I'd expect any program any PT program to be difficult, but can anyone who goes to Pitt or who has been accepted attest to this completive environment or give any feedback about what they know/have heard about the program?
Personally, I saw none of that, though every class and mix of students will be different. There was really no competition between us, and only one person in my class didn't make it through. Feel free to PM me with any program specific questions.