University of Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alenadoma

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else applying to this school? Have you heard anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Pittsburgh was one of my first acceptances (sometime in mid-November). I applied to their pharm program, but I don't know whether or not to attend :/

Hey, i saw that u decided not to attend Lecom-erie? and Jefferson, is there any reason why that is because im also contemplating whether to attend their interview or not? I got into my top choice but i still want to broaden my horizon to see what's out there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pittsburgh was one of my first acceptances (sometime in mid-November). I applied to their pharm program, but I don't know whether or not to attend :/

really? wow! I didn't even think they were on rolling admissions or interviewing yet. Where did/do you attend undergrad??

Hey, i saw that u decided not to attend Lecom-erie? and Jefferson, is there any reason why that is because im also contemplating whether to attend their interview or not? I got into my top choice but i still want to broaden my horizon to see what's out there.

it's pretty funny, we are applying to almost all of the same schools!
I decided not to attend Erie or Jefferson because of my other acceptances. I don't want to sit on the acceptances/interview invites and take up other people's spots when I know I won't be attending those schools. I will probably submit by deposit for Saint John Fisher (it's due Jan 23), and just wait on Michigan because that deposit isn't due until May. I'll see what happens with UB..and then make the decision. I am really interested to see what happens with Pittsburgh though, I've heard good things about the school.

it's pretty funny, we are applying to almost all of the same schools!
I decided not to attend Erie or Jefferson because of my other acceptances. I don't want to sit on the acceptances/interview invites and take up other people's spots when I know I won't be attending those schools. I will probably submit by deposit for Saint John Fisher (it's due Jan 23), and just wait on Michigan because that deposit isn't due until May. I'll see what happens with UB..and then make the decision. I am really interested to see what happens with Pittsburgh though, I've heard good things about the school.

Amazing isn't that we decided to choose almost d same schools. Well i have declined all of my interview invite, i think im just going to struggle through the 3 yr program at MCPHS worcester. I really don't have any responsibilities so i might as well do something meaningful with my life while i can. I declined Buffalo too lol, wish i could switch with you but lol it doesn't work like that i presume. Well i wish you huge luck at all your academic endeavors. Let me know if there's any useful information.:thumbup:

I'm anxious waiting to hear from Pittsbugh as well. I'm wondering if anyone get invites for interviews or accepted yet....

I have yet to hear from them as well..

I got an email from them a while ago saying they were starting to review applications but nothing since then. Of course I'm not going there but I'm curious to see what happens.

me neither...

It takes longer that I thought

They actually already started interviews... I had mine last Friday. I received an email regarding interviews about two weeks ago.

They actually already started interviews... I had mine last Friday. I received an email regarding interviews about two weeks ago.

that's cool ..thanks for your head up ..how was your interview??

I'm just ..getting so anxious and worried....

Members don't see this ad :)
that's cool ..thanks for your head up ..how was your interview??

I'm just ..getting so anxious and worried....

It was alright... Very easy going and well organized. It was my first time at Pitt so it was a lot to take in at once.

The interviewers were really nice and they asked very general questions. Oh yea, it was a blind interview so you really have to sell yourself.

It was alright... Very easy going and well organized. It was my first time at Pitt so it was a lot to take in at once.

The interviewers were really nice and they asked very general questions. Oh yea, it was a blind interview so you really have to sell yourself.

oh wow...thanks for sharing..and hope u get accepted

time goes by freaking slow..hicihcihc.. ..waiiting and waiting..

is there anyone.. ... that heard anything ...from Pitt recently??

time goes by freaking slow..hicihcihc.. ..waiiting and waiting..

is there anyone.. ... that heard anything ...from Pitt recently??

Did you search any info. about Pitt from past couple of years?
I believe you will find something.
I already gave up being granted an interview from Pitt.

why? I don't understand what you are trying to say..

i guess i found some ..hichichi ...i see what u r saying now.. but i'm still wondering ..if i should give pitt a call to see ..my status

to ale: very small percentage for out-state applicants.

That thread is also from 2005. I'm not saying it's a lot better now, but a lot can change in four years :)
Yeah.. I hope so, but they have not responded any of my emails..
that's not good

i'm trying to stay thinking positive..hicichici

LOL!!!!:D Yeah I was wondering the same thing. What is hicichici? :smuggrin:

it's crying ...lol

wellll good news! I got an invite a few minutes ago in my email! Dates are Feb 16, 19, 21, 28

I think I'll be going to this interview, just gotta schedule the date!

Good luck to you guys :)

Hooray! I got an invite as well! I've never been to Pittsburgh, but I've heard great things about the city and the school. I was wondering if those that go to UofPittsburgh could tell us a little more about the city. How's the public transportation? How's the city life? I'm trying to avoid renting a car to save money... Any advice for interviewees? :D

Last edited:
I am from western Pa and I can say that Pittsburgh is a great city and so is the school. UPMC is one of the top hospitals around and it is a great opportunity if you’re interested in doing a residency and offers a lot of places to do your rotations. The campus isn’t located in the best of areas in the city but it’s not that bad. Like most big cities as long as you’re smart and don’t go walking around in the middle of the night by yourself, you’ll be fine. As for nightlife, there is plenty to do downtown in station square or in the south side. They're crazy about their sports. UPitt sports, penguins, pirates (well they suck but PNC park is gorgeous) and of course the steelers who are worshiped like gods. Pittsburgh can be a pain if you are driving due to all the bridges and one way streets and can get quite confusing. As for public transportation, there is the subway or "the T" as it’s called and I assume it runs through Oakland. Other than that there’s the bus line but I have never taken the bus before. If you need more info, look up the Allegheny port authority website. Oh and you can always call a cab if you need to. Also, if you have time, ride the inclines up Mt. Washington to get an awesome view of the city! Well, good luck to everyone interviewing!

Is there a writing exercise at the interview?

Got an interview invite today. I'm out-of-state. Going to decline :)

Got an interview invite today. I'm out-of-state. Going to decline :)

when did u submit ur application?? ..
i'm still waiting to hear from Pitts ..

when did u submit ur application?? ..
i'm still waiting to hear from Pitts ..

Submitted PharmCAS on 12/1
Submitted Pitts app on 11/12

I have an interview at Pitt this week. Has anyone got accepted to Pitt yet? I heard that they do not accept students until late April.

Accepted:
VCU :)

Interviews:
Duquesne (wknd) - 2/14 - not excited anymore
Temple - 2/27 - may decline
Lecom - Declined
MWU-CCP - Declined
MWU-Glendale - Declined

Waiting to hear:
Buffalo
MCPHS-Worchester

the wait is killing me!:(

I am starting to get bad thoughts. They have not emailed me yet, and I think they may nearly be done interviewing.

I don't even know what to do if I am not accepted.

I will continue to wait I guess.

to shingo123 and dianaish: i guess we are on the same boat...i'm still waiting to hear from them ...:)

Hi everyone,

I have an interview at Pittsburgh on Saturday. I know some people have interviewed in the past few weeks. Can anyone post some tips/comments about the interview? What kinds of questions should I expect? There are only a couple of feedbacks on the feedback site..

Hi everyone,

I have an interview at Pittsburgh on Saturday. I know some people have interviewed in the past few weeks. Can anyone post some tips/comments about the interview? What kinds of questions should I expect? There are only a couple of feedbacks on the feedback site..

2 questions for you.

Stats?

and...

When did you learn that you got an interview?

How long of a notice did you get?

2 questions for you.

Stats?

and...

When did you learn that you got an interview?

How long of a notice did you get?

I got the invitation in early February and they gave me a selection of dates to choose from. I selected the 28th.
B.S GPA = 3.3
M.S GPA = 3.4
PCAT = 86
pharm tech, research, etc..

Hi everyone,

The interview is very structured and is a "behavioral" type interview. The questions they ask are mostly in the form of..."Tell me a time when...blah blah happened, and how did you deal with it". There are questions about time management, working on projects, dealing with difficult situations, and so on. It was actually more intense than I thought it would be. The interview feedback on SDN definitely did not help at all since it is out-dated and all negative.

In terms of tips for the interview...because the interview is so structured, try your hardest to get your personality out there. It is much more difficult than the other schools that I've been to for interviews where it is much more of an informal, conversational interview. I thought my 2 interviewers were very helpful...especially when I couldn't figure out examples for some of the questions. They seem to realize that the questions all kind of blended in together and understood that it was hard for the interviewees. If you have more questions, you can just PM me.

I hear we have to wait for results to come in mid-March. I'm crossing my fingers! It's my #1 choice!

The interview is very structured and is a "behavioral" type interview. The questions they ask are mostly in the form of..."Tell me a time when...blah blah happened, and how did you deal with it". There are questions about time management, working on projects, dealing with difficult situations, and so on. It was actually more intense than I thought it would be. The interview feedback on SDN definitely did not help at all since it is out-dated and all negative.

In terms of tips for the interview...because the interview is so structured, try your hardest to get your personality out there. It is much more difficult than the other schools that I've been to for interviews where it is much more of an informal, conversational interview. I thought my 2 interviewers were very helpful...especially when I couldn't figure out examples for some of the questions. They seem to realize that the questions all kind of blended in together and understood that it was hard for the interviewees. If you have more questions, you can just PM me.

I hear we have to wait for results to come in mid-March. I'm crossing my fingers! It's my #1 choice!

Thanks so much for the helpful tips :) Hopefully you will be receiving good news in March!!

Just received my acceptance email! I'm so ecstatic!!! Now I must make my decision....between Ohio State or Pittsburgh...This is so hard. Suggestions?

I got my acceptance email yesterday and just like you, I have to make a decision between Pitt and UB now..... any suggestions?

I interviewed with Pitt back on Feb 26th.

I got my acceptance email today too!!

Still have my interview with UB next week, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for that:xf:

I think everyone got their acceptances today because i also got mine from Pitt also. I was doubting myself at first the my PCAT score of a 58 that they said it was slim to none but i had a chance. Now i need to decide whether Maryland or Pitt. Such a hard decision

so... today is the deadline for Pitt to notify applicants of their decision. Do they send rejection notifications as well as acceptance notifications?