University of Puget Sound DPT 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dptpete

Reaction score
Hi everyone just received my waitlist acceptance for UPS and was wondering if anyone has received an acceptance there that could share some info. Thanks, feel free to post your experiences here

Members don't see this ad.

Seems like they sent out a lot of alternate acceptances but haven't heard from anyone that has actually been accepted there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody who got accepted but will give up their spots?

Reactions: 1 user
Sure!

GPA: 3.7
pGPA: 3.5
GRE: 300, 4.5W
Hours: 2500+
Home health (early intervention), hippotherpy, outpatient- (as a rehab aide, at private practice, aquatic therapy, & pediatrics), Inpatient (ICU), & school PT

Hi! I was accepted into UPS, as well, and am planning on going there! Anyone else?

I put down my deposit on Tuesday! UPS was my first choice so I'm very excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
I put down my deposit on Tuesday! UPS was my first choice so I'm very excited!
Hi I am trying to make a decision between UPS and another school. If you dont mind me asking, what made you decide on this program?

Hi I am trying to make a decision between UPS and another school. If you dont mind me asking, what made you decide on this program?

No problem! I live in Tacoma and did all of my observations here and met UPS DPT grads in almost every setting I observed. I was really impressed by their confidence and knowledge and they all spoke very highly of the program. I was also able to go visit the program and take a tour of their facilities, the faculty and staff there were very welcoming and have been very helpful in answering all of my questions through the whole application process. Proximity is also playing a large roll for me too of course, so I feel it is a solid program which will also set me up to easily find a job in the area after graduation.

Hi everyone! I was accepted as well and will be attending! I went to UPS for undergrad and had an amazing experience. I’ve been in contact with and worked with several faculty and alum from the DPT program and am very impressed.

Today is the day that UPS said they would begin contacting alternates. Beginning to get nervous. If you hear anything please let me know and I will do the same, thanks

Just received my acceptance off the waitlist to UPS! Accepting ASAP hope to see you guys there in the fall

Reactions: 4 users
Just received my acceptance off the waitlist to UPS! Accepting ASAP hope to see you guys there in the fall
When are your deposits due? I am still waitlisted, but I'm hoping there's still a chance I can get in.

How do we pay our deposits if we just got offered acceptance? I still haven't received any instructions like they said they would and they are due on the 25th. I called and they said they would send an email but haven't gotten anything. Really just want to pay the deposit, anyone have any luck finding out what to do?

How do we pay our deposits if we just got offered acceptance? I still haven't received any instructions like they said they would and they are due on the 25th. I called and they said they would send an email but haven't gotten anything. Really just want to pay the deposit, anyone have any luck finding out what to do?
Within a few days, they’ll send you an email with your login info to your myPugetSound account. And you’ll pay your deposit through there

Reactions: 1 users
I was placed as an alternate for UPS when they first sent out decisions, and a few hours later I received an email to set up myPugetSound account. But I'm still waitlisted.... Strange.

I was placed as an alternate for UPS when they first sent out decisions, and a few hours later I received an email to set up myPugetSound account. But I'm still waitlisted.... Strange.
Oh! So I wasn't the only one haha.

I too received the email about being on the alternate list on February 1st. Filled out the form to stay on the alternate list an hour or so after and received a following email to setup myPugetSound account. I am still on the waitlist as well.

Hey everyone someone created a Facebook group for accepted students for the incoming Fall 2019 class. Thought I'd share the link if you were accepted and wanted to join Log into Facebook | Facebook if that doesn't work you can search "UPS DPT Class of 2022" and it should come up in groups

Reactions: 1 users
Is UPS suppose to be doing another round of decisions today?

Just curious, how did you hear about the possibility of UPS doing another round of decisions today?
They are making their way through their waitlist, and they sent out a round Monday last week and they had until Monday this week to decide. I assumed they would do another round today until they fill all their spots.

I just got my acceptance yesterday. I was on the waitlist, I don’t know how far down but I received the email.

I will be accepting it as it is the only school I got into and I’m looking forward to it!

I just got my acceptance yesterday. I was on the waitlist, I don’t know how far down but I received the email.

I will be accepting it as it is the only school I got into and I’m looking forward to it!

Congratulations ! I’m still keeping hopes alive into getting into UPS. I’m on the waitlist as well.

Congratulations ! I’m still keeping hopes alive into getting into UPS. I’m on the waitlist as well.

YES! Good luck, the only problem is that they said they were going to send an email for me to put in a deposit but they haven't sent anything yet. Anxiously waiting and hoping that nothing has gotten caught up or something changed! Scurry scurry.

YES! Good luck, the only problem is that they said they were going to send an email for me to put in a deposit but they haven't sent anything yet. Anxiously waiting and hoping that nothing has gotten caught up or something changed! Scurry scurry.
You should use your mypugetsound account to log in and pay for the deposit!

Anyone get any info after they made their deposit on mypugetsound? I haven't gotten an email or anything from them and they haven't responded to emails after making the deposit and setting up the pugetsound email account.

Edit: update from graduate email I received "I see that we've received your deposit, so you're all set for now - the School of PT will reach out in the coming months regarding next steps, but until then, your part is taken care of.

Best,

J. Jared Trecker ‘15 | Admission Systems Technologist"

Last edited:
Hi,

Any insight and thoughts abt UPS DPT program? From current/former student?

I’m deciding right now and any info will help.