University of Saint Augustine SUMMER 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ab44

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I only saw threads for the spring and fall terms, so I created this thread for applicants also applying to USA for the summer (may) 2016 term!

Would anyone mind sharing stats? Also what campus are you applying to?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey I applying for Summer 2016 too!! Im applying to Austin but will go to any campus! My stats are the best Cum GPA 3.05 .. Pre-req GPA 3.5 isn 600 hours (but not all of them have be verified through my application yet) .. My GRE is 290 but I am actually retaking it tomorrow! I am so nervous. Im ready to start PT school. I hope we get in! What are your stats?

Last edited:
I'm applying to the Florida campus.

Biology Major
GPA 3.1
GRE 293
Prerequisite GPA 3.3
Observation hours 4,458

These are ballpark estimates. GPA's are calculated differently from PTCAS and USA.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
May I ask how long ago you guys have submitted your apps to St Augustine? I initially picked San Marcos campus - Summer 2016, but I have not finished my autobiography or statement of purpose yet :/

Hello there! I am applying for the summer 2016 term for the San Marcos campus, but am finishing up my autobiography and statement of purpose tonight. I want to submit tonight, but I keep having issues with USA receiving my GRE scores and transcripts (2 attempts so far), and one clinic still hasn't verified my PT hours (even though they already did for PTCAS). Tomorrow morning I am going to email Colleen about whether I should submit or wait for USA to receive the above documents...it's already so late in the month, and the deadline is October 1st! :nailbiting: And I am planning to go to the open house in October :)

Where else is everyone applying?

I saw on other threads they not longer require the Auto Bio.. I just called and left a message for Yvette. Hopefully she calls me back soon :D

Last edited:
Hey all! I am also trying to apply for Summer 2016, MOT. I'm having a terrible time getting things through, though. My references and observation hours people all submitted what they needed to, but were apparently lost in the system. I've had to ask one poor lady to try five times now, and still no luck. Is anyone else having these problems? Even though I've been working on all of this for a long time, I'm afraid I'm going to have to roll my application over a semester, though I simply do not know how I could have prevented these problems. Any ideas?

Hey all! I am also trying to apply for Summer 2016, MOT. I'm having a terrible time getting things through, though. My references and observation hours people all submitted what they needed to, but were apparently lost in the system. I've had to ask one poor lady to try five times now, and still no luck. Is anyone else having these problems? Even though I've been working on all of this for a long time, I'm afraid I'm going to have to roll my application over a semester, though I simply do not know how I could have prevented these problems. Any ideas?
I've had the same problem with Observation hours!! I have two PT's that said the submitted my hours but I cannot see them on my end.. I have called a couple times this week. I hope they call me back tomorrow so I can submit my application ASAP being that the deadline is in ONE WEEK!!! Im afraid that they will consider my application incomplete w/o those hour confirmations! :/

I know! I contacted the school, and received an email with some documents that I was told I could have the people fill out and send via e-mail. However, when one of them tried, she was unable to get anything to save in the document, and thus couldn't submit anything. I don't know what else to do, and can't seem to get ahold of anyone. Same issue with my letters--one made it through, but a total of three others I've had to ask to submit again, or in a different format. I feel bad bothering these people in the first place, let alone multiple times!

Do we submit our applications? ( i don't see a button) or does USA just AUTO submit on the deadline?

Applying for the Summer 2016! I called Yvette and she said that the Statement of Purpose had to be minimum 1200 words? Anyone else know that? I already submitted mine but now have to go back and add stuff.

Applying for the Summer 2016! I called Yvette and she said that the Statement of Purpose had to be minimum 1200 words? Anyone else know that? I already submitted mine but now have to go back and add stuff.
did you call today!? Ugh i've been calling and calling!!!

Members don't see this ad :)

The website says the SOP should be around 1200 words, not minimum. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
did you call today!? Ugh i've been calling and calling!!!
Yeah every time I have called her she has answered almost immediately. Maybe your calling the wrong number or something? I've been using (800) 241-1027 and then the extension 3129. Maybe I'm just getting lucky.

The website says the SOP should be around 1200 words, not minimum. Good luck!
Yeah thats what I read but when I called her she said that was a minimum. She also said that if I'm having trouble writing the SOP because of length, to add details from the autobiography that I wrote. I guess it allows them to know what your like while also knowing why you want to attend.

Anyone have any idea when we will be notified if we are accepted or not?

has anyone's status changed under "admissions decision" or is it just a blank page?

Anyone have any idea when we will be notified if we are accepted or not?

Are you applying for summer 2016 with a May start?
My best guess based on some of these forums is that first interview invitations are sent after a month or two past the deadline date and about 3 weeks after the interview final decisions are sent....but this is just a ballpark guess...

I applied last year. I didn't receive any response until mid-February about my interview.

Yea, it is still super early. The deadline just passed, it'll be a few more months.

I applied last year. I didn't receive any response until mid-February about my interview.

You didn't get an interview invite until February? Or did you interview and not hear about the decision until February? Does admissions tell you why they don't accept you if you get the rejection?

Also I kind of want to know how they decide to group the interview dates. Do they take the most qualified applicants and invite them for the first group? Or is it by whomever submitted their applications first?

My interview was on February 27th and i didn't hear back until April 1st. They had a total of four interview groups to my knowledge for the summer term last year. You can ask why you weren't accepted by email and they will let you know the main reasons.

Hello, I have applied to the Miami campus for the summer 2016.

These stats are not from the PTCAS calculation but from my transcript.
Cumulative GPA- 3.69
Prerequisite GPA- 3.56 to 3.70 (depending on which classes they accept)
Last 60 Credits GPA- 3.84
GRE- 147 V, 152 Q, 4 A
Observation hours- 400

I applied to summer at san marcos. I know my gpas aren't great :( these are what I calculated because USA doesn't factor in + and -

Prerequisite gpa: 3.54
GRE: V 154 Q 156 A 4.5
Observation: around 2000 observing outpatient ortho, acute rehab, neuro, cardiovascular, pulmonary, peds, geriatric
Extra cirricular: captain and fundraising coordinator for university's men's lacrosse team, special events, intramural basketball champions, former emergency medical technician, I was in honors for my last semester of prerequisites at community college if that counts for anything lol

I am hoping my extracurriculars and GRE make up for my sorry gpa.

Last edited:
i spoke to an enrollment advisor from the san marcos campus and she said I definitely need to apply to the Summer '16 cohort saying spring is less competitive in admissions than fall. from what you all have heard in the past, is that true? i'm a little skeptical bc i actually wasn't planning on applying but i got a personal phone call from the EA saying i should apply. want to make sure this isn't just a marketing scheme.

Last edited:
If they called and encouraged you to do so, why not? I would recommend, though, making sure that if you didn't manage to get in for Spring 2016 due to a lack of availability, making sure your application will be "rolled over" to the next cohort, rather than having to reapply. I'm applying for MOT, but that's what I've done. Your stats seem pretty darn good, btw!

just fyi you all. I think we all know by now how the admissions office at USA is like. I guess I can understand since they're trying to fill 450 seats per year. but regardless, I just had a somewhat unpleasant experience with their admissions this week and would advise you ALL to meticulously check on your application and call, email, etc to stay on top of it bc any front office is going to make mistakes and even more so at a behemoth program like USA. looking out for you all since we're sharing the same pain. gluck.

Summer 16 deadline was October 1st….The next deadline for Fall 16 is December 15 (i think)
you're correct. and after speaking to admissions, apparently if you are applying for december deadline and are an extremely competitive candidate, they can pull you from the fall' 16 pool and consider your app for the the summer '16 if there are some spots left and you are interested. food for thought.

just fyi you all. I think we all know by now how the admissions office at USA is like. I guess I can understand since they're trying to fill 450 seats per year. but regardless, I just had a somewhat unpleasant experience with their admissions this week and would advise you ALL to meticulously check on your application and call, email, etc to stay on top of it bc any front office is going to make mistakes and even more so at a behemoth program like USA. looking out for you all since we're sharing the same pain. gluck.
You have me worried now. What kind of mistake did they make?

The application process was quite an adventure, but they had pretty easy fixes for most of the problems that came up. The biggest problem I had was having references get lost in the ether during submission. It's hard enough to ask for references from people once, even harder to ask them to do the same thing twice for the same school!

You have me worried now. What kind of mistake did they make?
nothing terrible. admissions lady just gave me a few misinformation. and i had a hunch so i called the general admissions number to double check and she corrected the misinformation.

first time applying to USA as well as first post on here :)
my stats are pretty average lol... hoping my GRE and extracurriculars make up for my GPA

cGPA - 3.4
pGPA - 3.51-3.6
GRE - 310: 150v 160q 4w
Hours - 3500hrs+ (acute, outpatient, home health, skilled nursing, cardiac rehab, neuro, ortho, sportsmed)

On a side note.......
-Has anyone's admissions decision page change to anything besides being blank??
-Does anyone know how many applicants apply the summer program as well as how many are accepted?

Last edited:
Admissions decision page still blank here! Brutal, this waiting...

I talked to Yvette about 2 weeks ago and she said they were still filling spots for the Spring semester so it we might not hear back for Summer until after the holidays….. It's going to be a looooong few months!

I talked to Yvette about 2 weeks ago and she said they were still filling spots for the Spring semester so it we might not hear back for Summer until after the holidays….. It's going to be a looooong few months!

ugh, that sounds fun

Hey Everyone!!

I just wanted to post a general overview here of some stuff I have dealt with in the past year at USA so you all know what to expect the new few months. I have applied for Summer 2016 DPT at the Florida campus most recently. First of all I will say these forums are extremely helpful (I have been apart of them since I originally applied for Summer 2015). Admissions can very much be a pain in the butt to get in touch with. I have had a lot of success talking to Emily Staub at the Florida campus ([email protected]). She has been one of the few to respond in a timely manner to either answer my questions or at least direct me to someone else.

Long story short, I have been through a lot with USA in the last year. Originally applied for Summer 2015 then had to move my application to Fall 2015 where I was waitlisted. My biggest issue I encountered here was that they did not seem to have a protocol for what happens to those on the waitlist. After struggling to get in touch with anyone (until I found Emily's email on here), I was told they were not sure what they were going to do with those of us who did not end up getting a spot for Fall. After about 7 weeks I was finally told I could start the flex program, possibly start in Miami in January, or move to CA or TX for a possible January start. I already live just north of the St Augustine, FL campus and really would like to stay in the area. Starting in St Augustine in January was not an option they gave me and no one could tell me why. I ended up getting them to move my application to Summer 2016, which I feel will be a good option overall!

I have found throughout all of this that persistence is key to getting questions answered. USA probably thinks I am one of the most annoying people ever, but hey all my questions have finally gotten answered. These forums are also awesome if people let us know what they hear. I am currently in physical therapy for my hip and have spoken with a lot of the PTs in the clinic I go to about St Augustine. One of their OTs graduated from USA. I have been told by all of them admissions is the worst part. They have assured me that once you get in, the program is awesome. The OT there said she loved it overall, from the curriculum to the professors to some of the events they got to be involved with. She said just to keep jumping through their hoops and it will get better :)

Because my application has been moved around quite a bit I am not sure on dates for us though. Have any of you been given a general timeline for interviews? My application status currently says I am being reviewed.

Anyway, sorry for the mini novel just wanted to let you all know a few of the problems I have encountered in hopes that you won't have to deal with them!! Any other questions you have feel free to ask, I have been through in the interview process before so kind of know what that is like as well. Here's to hoping we all start in May!!

Thanks for the info! I am very curious to know WHERE on your application you find the application status. (But, since you started applying awhile ago, I wonder if you're still using the old system? I know they changed things very recently.)

Hey Everyone!!

I just wanted to post a general overview here of some stuff I have dealt with in the past year at USA so you all know what to expect the new few months. I have applied for Summer 2016 DPT at the Florida campus most recently. First of all I will say these forums are extremely helpful (I have been apart of them since I originally applied for Summer 2015). Admissions can very much be a pain in the butt to get in touch with. I have had a lot of success talking to Emily Staub at the Florida campus ([email protected]). She has been one of the few to respond in a timely manner to either answer my questions or at least direct me to someone else.

Long story short, I have been through a lot with USA in the last year. Originally applied for Summer 2015 then had to move my application to Fall 2015 where I was waitlisted. My biggest issue I encountered here was that they did not seem to have a protocol for what happens to those on the waitlist. After struggling to get in touch with anyone (until I found Emily's email on here), I was told they were not sure what they were going to do with those of us who did not end up getting a spot for Fall. After about 7 weeks I was finally told I could start the flex program, possibly start in Miami in January, or move to CA or TX for a possible January start. I already live just north of the St Augustine, FL campus and really would like to stay in the area. Starting in St Augustine in January was not an option they gave me and no one could tell me why. I ended up getting them to move my application to Summer 2016, which I feel will be a good option overall!

I have found throughout all of this that persistence is key to getting questions answered. USA probably thinks I am one of the most annoying people ever, but hey all my questions have finally gotten answered. These forums are also awesome if people let us know what they hear. I am currently in physical therapy for my hip and have spoken with a lot of the PTs in the clinic I go to about St Augustine. One of their OTs graduated from USA. I have been told by all of them admissions is the worst part. They have assured me that once you get in, the program is awesome. The OT there said she loved it overall, from the curriculum to the professors to some of the events they got to be involved with. She said just to keep jumping through their hoops and it will get better :)

Because my application has been moved around quite a bit I am not sure on dates for us though. Have any of you been given a general timeline for interviews? My application status currently says I am being reviewed.

Anyway, sorry for the mini novel just wanted to let you all know a few of the problems I have encountered in hopes that you won't have to deal with them!! Any other questions you have feel free to ask, I have been through in the interview process before so kind of know what that is like as well. Here's to hoping we all start in May!!
Did they tell you why they were moving your application from summer to fall? Were there a lot of summer applicants last year?

Did she specifically say that we won't hear back until after the holidays? That's weird because when I talked to Dianna a month back I asked her specifically if they were still working on spring applicants because I was anxious in knowing how long it would be before they send interview invites. She told me they were finished with spring and the applications will be looked at after the deadline (Oct 1). But she didn't tell me how long before invites are sent :(

She said the it will mostly like be after the holidays :/ Im hoping we find out before tho.

Hey Everyone!!

Do you know about how many people the had apply last summer? It seems that if they wait list you that they almost always will admit the wait listed the next semester.. does this seem accurate to you? Also do you mind sharing your stats?

Did they tell you why they were moving your application from summer to fall? Were there a lot of summer applicants last year?

I had to move my application from summer to fall due to a pre-req problem. Was not an issue of how many people applied.

Do you know about how many people the had apply last summer? It seems that if they wait list you that they almost always will admit the wait listed the next semester.. does this seem accurate to you? Also do you mind sharing your stats?

I am not sure how many people applied last summer because my application ended up being moved so I kind of stopped worrying about the summer term and focused on fall. I was under the impression that they would let me into the January applicant pool and have my application reviewed for that term after I was wait listed but that did not happen. I honestly think they forgot to roll the wait list people from fall into January for the Fl campus. They offered to have my application be reviewed for January term in both CA and TX but not Florida which I found weird. There seemed to be a lot of change in admissions during the last year and I feel like that had a lot to do with how long it took me to get answers. So from my experience, I did not get admitted into the following semester after being wait listed.

My stats at the time I was wait listed were 3.4 GPA/ 297 GRE combined/ 600 observation hours. Nothing too crazy which is why I originally applied for summer term because I was told there were less applicants for summer versus fall. I will say I think they put a lot of stock into the interviews.