University of South Alabama?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coltsfan2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear from USA in Mobile? I submitted my application a while back and just got an email from their admissions coordinator saying that they had received my PTCAS application. I know interviews are Feb. 4, and I was wondering when to expect an interview or rejection letter...

Can anyone help???

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an interview for Feb. 3-4.

Anyone else going to be there?

Oh no!! I've been waiting to hear from them!! I still haven't heard anything though...
Did you interview invitation come to your e-mail or in the mail?
Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email saying that a letter was on its way.
I wouldn't worry just quite yet, the email came late on Friday. What were your stats if you don't mind me asking.

Ohhh no!! I still haven't gotten an e-mail. Not looking too good!

3.58 overall gpa
3.3 pre-req gpa
1120 gre

I think my stats might be a little below what they usually accept, and it doesn't seem like they look too much at other things...

What do you think?

I think your stats are great.

My GPA (and prereq) is a 4.0, but my GRE is only a 1030 with a 4.5 writing.

I heard they look for GPA, GRE, and interview for acceptance mainly.

Maybe it will come today?

Anybody applying to UAB also? heard anything yet? I feel like I'm the only one applying there lol. I'm pretty nervous about my stats and the interview process, does anyone have any input??

Anybody applying to UAB also? heard anything yet? I feel like I'm the only one applying there lol. I'm pretty nervous about my stats and the interview process, does anyone have any input??
Dont worry, you have the stats for UAB. I couldn't apply because their min GPA requirements was 3.2, same as FGCU, but I sure wish I could have applied there. I see your from FL as well. Im trying to stay close, but was also realistic with my stats that I can't really get into schools that are close by.

Stay calm on the interviews you'll be ok. They will ask different types of questions. Not sure about UAB's process but just prepare yourself with the general questions.

Well I still haven't heard from South Alabama so I guess I won't be interviewing there :( Oh well. Do you know if they have any additional interviews after the Feb 4th date?

I'm a little annoyed because I've e-mailed their admissions office multiple times and never gotten a response. I moved after I graduated in December so my mailing address changed and I wanted to make sure they had made note of that but no one will respond to my e-mails. I called the office today and left a voicemail but still haven't heard back...Not sure what the deal is with this school. I haven't run into this with any other program!

Good luck next Friday!! I'm sure it'll go very well!

Has anyone on here heard back from USA?

The students said it would be a week or 2 after the interviews (Feb. 4) before we might hear anything...

I was wondering if anyone else besides me was there?

I was there! My interviewer said it would be 2 - 3 weeks because they were all going to a conference last week. She didn't know if it would be mail or e-mail, so I guess we will be checking both! :) Let me know when you hear!

I called yesterday and they told me that we should know by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

I have constantly been checking my phone, email, mailbox for the past 2 weeks.

How did your interview go? (and who was your interviewer)

Also, might I add that it is a relief to find out that you haven't heard anything back either?

haha

I was beginning to wonder...

haha no worries! Wednesday or Thursday sounds exciting! My interview went really well. I had Dr. (Mrs.) Irion and another non-faculty PT. What about you? And where else did you apply? I applied to USF and UNF, but south is my first choice.

I had Dr. (Mr.) Irion and like you another non-faculty PT.

I only applied to USA because I graduate in August (which is 1 year ahead of time) and they were (and are) my one and only top choice.

So I am hoping for the best!!!

How were your stats? Pretty good I assume? I saw somewhere where you got accepted to USF?

Nothing here yet! I'm thinking either wait list, or maybe whoever told you Wed or Thurs was a little off. Anyway, yeah my stats were great, but I think everyone who was there for an interview had pretty good stats. I did get accepted to USF, but USA is my first choice because of the location. I'm married and my husband can't move with me because he is in the Air Force, and south is much closer to where he will be. And I think it's a great program. :) Anyway keep me posted if you hear anything!

Nothing here yet either. Maybe it took longer than she thought...

I am hoping for something ANY day now...
This waiting game is destroying me....

I got my email this morning! I'm in...Hope you are too! And I definitely think there is still a good chance you'll end up getting in if you get waitlisted. Good luck!

I got mine this morning too!

It's been a great day.

See you in August?