University of Southern California Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reminder to those who have already accepted admission to any school. Call other schools who may have offered admission and tell them that you will not be attending. This is only courteous to those on the wait list as well as the school

Members don't see this ad.

USC sent out a letter dated June 13th saying the admission process has been completed and they were unable to offer my friend the acceptance. The letter also mentioned that there is currently 190 confirmed students. My friend received the letter on June 15th (postmarked on the 14th). I haven't received that letter yet? Anyone else in the same situation?

USC sent out a letter dated June 13th saying the admission process has been completed and they were unable to offer my friend the acceptance. The letter also mentioned that there is currently 190 confirmed students. My friend received the letter on June 15th (postmarked on the 14th). I haven't received that letter yet? Anyone else in the same situation?

I got the same letter on the 15th too. :( Did they only send it to a few people?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I didnt get anything.. what does this mean?

I didn't get a letter... but I did receive a lack email from Xin because I sent in my spring semester grades. The email was sent June 16th and it was the same as the previous lack emails, just updated with my new grades.

I'm confused... are people still on the waitlist then?

I didn't get a letter... but I did receive a lack email from Xin because I sent in my spring semester grades. The email was sent June 16th and it was the same as the previous lack emails, just updated with my new grades.

I'm confused... are people still on the waitlist then?

I sent in my updated transcript too but I recieved the letter instead of the lack email...

Sent my updated transcript last week but didn't receive a letter of lack e-mail. Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist?

Good luck to everyone who is still on the waiting list!

I have a question for people who are already accepted..did you guys complete your student health forms?... Also, I had a question about the white coat size. I have no clue what size to order. I am a female and they said the sizes are from 2 through 20, but they haven't given any description of the sizes as they have for men. And I can't even go to the bookstore for sizing. does anyone have any ideas about the sizing and how relatively big they are?.....thanks

Good luck to everyone who is still on the waiting list!

I have a question for people who are already accepted..did you guys complete your student health forms?... Also, I had a question about the white coat size. I have no clue what size to order. I am a female and they said the sizes are from 2 through 20, but they haven't given any description of the sizes as they have for men. And I can't even go to the bookstore for sizing. does anyone have any ideas about the sizing and how relatively big they are?.....thanks

I have most of my health forms completed, just waiting till the 22nd to get my TB test done so it will be a full 2 months before classes start. Once that's done, I think I'm going to hand them in in person and go check out the coat sizes. I'm a guy so I won't be able to help you there, but I've heard they run a little wide (for the guys at least).

My friend told me you only get one white coat and you can't buy another one if it doesn't fit. So you can always just get one that is a little too big and get it tailored later. Better than having a white coat that is too small for 4 years.

I have most of my health forms completed, just waiting till the 22nd to get my TB test done so it will be a full 2 months before classes start. Once that's done, I think I'm going to hand them in in person and go check out the coat sizes. I'm a guy so I won't be able to help you there, but I've heard they run a little wide (for the guys at least).

My friend told me you only get one white coat and you can't buy another one if it doesn't fit. So you can always just get one that is a little too big and get it tailored later. Better than having a white coat that is too small for 4 years.

oh okay. I was born outside of the US so I need to do quantaferon Gold for TB and my doctor seemed so unaware/confused about that test. First he ordered some wrong test..then he realized it wasn't the correct one...so I had to go again to draw my blood at some far away center since only few labs perform that particular test. Anyway, I really hope I get all my test results and paper work done soon.

oh thanks for that input. I guess I will just call/email the admin people for more description, as I am currently out of state, so don't think I will be able to make a trip to the bookstore for sizing.

oh okay. I was born outside of the US so I need to do quantaferon Gold for TB and my doctor seemed so unaware/confused about that test. First he ordered some wrong test..then he realized it wasn't the correct one...so I had to go again to draw my blood at some far away center since only few labs perform that particular test. Anyway, I really hope I get all my test results and paper work done soon.

oh thanks for that input. I guess I will just call/email the admin people for more description, as I am currently out of state, so don't think I will be able to make a trip to the bookstore for sizing.

Maybe you can call the bookstore and give them what size you normally wear and they can give you an idea of what white coat size to get.

Maybe you can call the bookstore and give them what size you normally wear and they can give you an idea of what white coat size to get.

yeah I will do that. Hopefully they will be able to help me. so when do we register for the classes? and get the list of the books?

I just looked at the estimated cost of attendance page and the tuition is now listed at $43,326 up from $41,500 before. lame....

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got pulled from the AC list!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!! USC has been my #1 forever and I can't believe this dream is finally coming true!!!!:highfive::banana:

Good luck to everyone still waiting...I didn't think this was going to happen for me, so don't lose hope!!!!!

I just got pulled from the AC list!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!! USC has been my #1 forever and I can't believe this dream is finally coming true!!!!:highfive::banana:

Good luck to everyone still waiting...I didn't think this was going to happen for me, so don't lose hope!!!!!

Congratulations! Now you can really enjoy your summer. Also, for anyone who has already turned in all of their health forms, did you get any email saying that it was complete or that you were missing anything?

Last edited:

Congratz RxHalo!! Wow it must feel amazing. I'm trying not to lose hope so hopefully I'll get pulled off from the AC list soon :xf: Did they notify you through e-mail?

Congratz RxHalo!! Wow it must feel amazing. I'm trying not to lose hope so hopefully I'll get pulled off from the AC list soon :xf: Did they notify you through e-mail?

Thanks Dnguyen401 and Pharmasaurus88!

I got a big yellow envelope in the mail on Thursday (dated 6/29) and a phone call today. Drove to USC today and gave them my deposit!

So happy right now!!!!!!

Thanks Dnguyen401 and Pharmasaurus88!

I got a big yellow envelope in the mail on Thursday (dated 6/29) and a phone call today. Drove to USC today and gave them my deposit!

So happy right now!!!!!!

OMG Neighbor! Congrats buddy! Guess you really impressed Western & USC. That is amazing news man. Wish I could just get one acceptance. Happy 4th!!

Congratulations! Now you can really enjoy your summer. Also, for anyone who has already turned in all of their health forms, did you get any email saying that it was complete or that you were missing anything?

I turned in all my health forms as well, but didn't receive any email yet:/

I turned in all my health forms as well, but didn't receive any email yet:/

I called the school and was told that the person in charge of the health forms would be out until July 12th so don't expect anything until then.

I called the school and was told that the person in charge of the health forms would be out until July 12th so don't expect anything until then.

Never mind, just got an email about mine being incomplete. Sigh...time for more blood tests Also, anyone know how many TB tests we need to do? I apparently need to take a 2nd TB test, but on the form it said the 2nd one should be done 364 days from #1.

just called admissions.... still on hold and there is about 90 students also on hold. chances aren't looking good!! they said the last day you can be accepted is the first day of orientation.

just called admissions.... still on hold and there is about 90 students also on hold. chances aren't looking good!! they said the last day you can be accepted is the first day of orientation.

So I guess it's unlikely that there will be any movement for waitlisters?

Not to hijack your waitlist thread here, but if anyone has any info on this, please do share. What chance would you give a straight out of ugrad student at SC with a 3.6 biochem GPA/89 comp for the 2016 cycle?

Im scared about huge attendance costs and saturated markets :(

IT'S A MIRACLE!!! I got IN!!!!!!!

Got a call today at 423pm asking if I had received my admit package!!!

OMGGGG!!!!! What a MIRACLE!! Got it in the mail TODAY!! It feels like I'm dreaaaaaminggggggggggg

:highfive::highfive::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::highfive::highfive:

USC PHARMACY - Class of 2015 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S A MIRACLE!!! I got IN!!!!!!!

Got a call today at 423pm asking if I had received my admit package!!!

OMGGGG!!!!! What a MIRACLE!! Got it in the mail TODAY!! It feels like I'm dreaaaaaminggggggggggg

:highfive::highfive::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::highfive::highfive:

USC PHARMACY - Class of 2015 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats buddy!!!! I know just how you feel!!!!!

Can I submit my supp app to USC before I submit my pharmcas app?

If not, can someone please copy and paste the supp app questions so I can work on them? thank you

I know that USC does not require the PCAT, but do they look at PCAT scores if available?

Hello

Did anyone receive the orientation schedule yet?

If not, this school waits until the LAST MINUTE!

thanks,
T

Hi so I had a question for entering the status of prepreq courses

I go to UCI and when I look at the course equivalencies there are no bio labs listed. Do I need to list any bio labs since it is not listed on the equivalencies?

what exactly did you put on your resume? where did you find volunteering activities and shadowing opportunities? i've talked to a local pharmacist and they've agreed to let me shadow (soon hopefully), but all the hospitals i have talked to have said im too young...my mom is a registered nurse and she asked the staff if i would be able to shadow the hospital pharmacy, but everyone said i needed to be at least 18 years old...

and should the resume include only activities related to pharmacy and research?

Hello everyone, I am filling out the USC supplemental section and for the third question I want it to ask for some help or any ideas how to write the answer or even what to include in there?

the question is:
What unique, personal qualities and/or life experiences will you bring to your pharmacy career?

thank you

Did anyone receive an email with the courses that were completed and still left? Does it look bad if you have a lot of courses to complete? Will it diminish your chances of being accepted?