University of St. Augustine San Diego DPT program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliDPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new to SDN. I was wondering if any of you had info you would like to share with me about University of St. Augustine's San Diego DPT program? Such as: your stats if you were accepted, interview tips, personal opinions on the program itself. Thanks for any help you can give me! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!
Well, actually I applied fot the St Augustine program. But I believe the application process is the same. In my experience, they said that they rejected around 200 applicants I believe (who were not offered an interview) , at least that's wha they said. Once there I saw A LOT! of people, so I thought I may not have a chance since I got 980 in the GRE. My Com. GPA is 3.5. I believe LOR are important but they're forms, I will assume everybody's around the same level in that aspect. The interview was not as bad as I thought, it is really focised on the faculty member wanting to know more about you and your personality. I got accepted (=D) so I believe the statement, autobiography, and essay are the most important factors (well, and interview) that will show who you are. I don't think is that much about the numbers. Of course you need to meet the minimal requirements (3.0 gpa, +/- 1000 gre) but I did get the sense that they consider students' motivation, critical thinking, and persona as a whole

Thanks so much xMerryx for the info and congrats on your acceptance!

Anyone know more about the San Diego program? Anyone been accepted? Or currently enrolled? Just trying to get a feel for the program and acceptance profile

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi calidpt..i was just accepted to the san diego campus and start in May!..i have the same to say as merry with the stats mine were definetly not that great 3.43 overall gpa 3.0 pre req and even lower gre!:(..but i had a great auto and letter of intent lots of diverse experience clubs and sports and great letters of reccomendation!..so that was clearly more important i was th eonly one out of 4 of my friends that applied from cal state san marcos that was accepted my friend had a higher gpa and MUCH higher gre and was denied!..it really is about the whole package!..the interview was cake for me i am very much a people person, my essay was very open ended "what have you done to show your dedication towards becoming a pt..etc"
As for the campus it is very nice about 15 minutes from the beach off a smal freeway in san marcos right next to the community college and cal state san marcos..nice area!..it is brand brand new not even pictures on the walls yet..all new equipment and classrooms. there is no food sevrices but stores and fast food close by..they currently have 2 buildings that are beautiful and a 3rd is being built which will have student services all new wet labs its very nice..i actually have pictures if you are interested!?..if you have any other questions let me know..are you planning on applying there?..i have lived here for about 5 years so i am very familar with the area!:)

Hi calidpt..i was just accepted to the san diego campus and start in May!..i have the same to say as merry with the stats mine were definetly not that great 3.43 overall gpa 3.0 pre req and even lower gre!:(..but i had a great auto and letter of intent lots of diverse experience clubs and sports and great letters of reccomendation!..so that was clearly more important i was th eonly one out of 4 of my friends that applied from cal state san marcos that was accepted my friend had a higher gpa and MUCH higher gre and was denied!..it really is about the whole package!..the interview was cake for me i am very much a people person, my essay was very open ended "what have you done to show your dedication towards becoming a pt..etc"
As for the campus it is very nice about 15 minutes from the beach off a smal freeway in san marcos right next to the community college and cal state san marcos..nice area!..it is brand brand new not even pictures on the walls yet..all new equipment and classrooms. there is no food sevrices but stores and fast food close by..they currently have 2 buildings that are beautiful and a 3rd is being built which will have student services all new wet labs its very nice..i actually have pictures if you are interested!?..if you have any other questions let me know..are you planning on applying there?..i have lived here for about 5 years so i am very familar with the area!:)
Hey lirpa! thanks so much for your info too! I actually just mailed off my application yesterday, very exciting. Could you tell me more about how your interview went? Types of questions asked, who conducted it, were you alone or was it a group interview? I'm starting to look at apartments online to get a feel for price and location, are there any complexes you would recommend? Do you like where you're living? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions..there are just so many! haha. Congrats on your acceptance!

there was about 10 of us..we all sat in one room with the dean and she covered the whole program and cost etc..then we were split into 2 groups half of us were then split into another 2 groups of 3 each where we went into the interview..we were asked what are favorite food was..why we chose pt as a career and why st. augustine..what was an obstacle in our life and how we overcame it..what did we consider leadership and an example..then we were given 3 scenarios one of us a had a patient who was a smoker..one was over weight..and one did not do home exercises and we had to reply with how we would approach the patient and help change their bad hbbits..finally what is one of our weaknesses!..that was it..honestly the other 2 girls did not do a good job..they stated that their weaknesses were self confidence and being indecissive two horrible things to claim when trying to become a pt..i said being to hard on myself expecting too much..you do not want to say anything that might conflict with your decision making when it comes to a patient!!..they also stuttered a lot and did not have a strong story for an obstacle and how they overcame it or a strong and motivational reason for choosing pt..and they said they chose that campus to be close to the beach!!..i mean come on..be creative and inspiring!!
the essay questions were all different one person had what is more important to you..the science or the art of physical therapy..i have known several people who have gotten this question..another question was define proffessionalism..and mine was what have i done to demonstrate my commitment to pursuing pt as a career!..
the cost of living here is extrmely expensive im not gonna lie..im not sure where you are now but the average one bedroom apartment is between 800-1100$ maybe even for a studio..2 bedrooms are around 1000-1400$ my advice would be to rent a room in a house it is very common around here i did it for about 3years that costs on average around 500$ not including utilities but everyone has nice houses and shared living areas!..sounds weird but its soooo very common here..i would reccomend going to roomates.com and starting a profile you will meet really awesome people..but if you have your heart set on apartments stay away from escondido or vista carlsbad or san marcos are the nicer areas there are not very many apartments right next to the campus..i actually live in oceanside with my grandma currently because there is no way i can afford to pay rent and attend school with out ending up in 200,000 in debt!..ummm i think that should cover all your questions..dont worry i had a million when i was applying so if you have any other questions let me know!:)..good luck!

there was about 10 of us..we all sat in one room with the dean and she covered the whole program and cost etc..then we were split into 2 groups half of us were then split into another 2 groups of 3 each where we went into the interview..we were asked what are favorite food was..why we chose pt as a career and why st. augustine..what was an obstacle in our life and how we overcame it..what did we consider leadership and an example..then we were given 3 scenarios one of us a had a patient who was a smoker..one was over weight..and one did not do home exercises and we had to reply with how we would approach the patient and help change their bad hbbits..finally what is one of our weaknesses!..that was it..honestly the other 2 girls did not do a good job..they stated that their weaknesses were self confidence and being indecissive two horrible things to claim when trying to become a pt..i said being to hard on myself expecting too much..you do not want to say anything that might conflict with your decision making when it comes to a patient!!..they also stuttered a lot and did not have a strong story for an obstacle and how they overcame it or a strong and motivational reason for choosing pt..and they said they chose that campus to be close to the beach!!..i mean come on..be creative and inspiring!!
the essay questions were all different one person had what is more important to you..the science or the art of physical therapy..i have known several people who have gotten this question..another question was define proffessionalism..and mine was what have i done to demonstrate my commitment to pursuing pt as a career!..
the cost of living here is extrmely expensive im not gonna lie..im not sure where you are now but the average one bedroom apartment is between 800-1100$ maybe even for a studio..2 bedrooms are around 1000-1400$ my advice would be to rent a room in a house it is very common around here i did it for about 3years that costs on average around 500$ not including utilities but everyone has nice houses and shared living areas!..sounds weird but its soooo very common here..i would reccomend going to roomates.com and starting a profile you will meet really awesome people..but if you have your heart set on apartments stay away from escondido or vista carlsbad or san marcos are the nicer areas there are not very many apartments right next to the campus..i actually live in oceanside with my grandma currently because there is no way i can afford to pay rent and attend school with out ending up in 200,000 in debt!..ummm i think that should cover all your questions..dont worry i had a million when i was applying so if you have any other questions let me know!:)..good luck!
You are such a big help! Thank you so much!!!!! I am actually from Southern California, so those prices aren't too much of a shock for me. The renting a room sounds like a good idea. I'll look into it. Did you specifically apply for the Summer 2009 class or another class and they asked if you wanted to join the summer class? May I ask when you applied, got an interview, and got the acceptance? Hopefully I will see you there in a few months!

Yeah no problem..i actually graduated from cal state san marcos so i have been planning on applying to st augustine since i heard it opened..i finished in december so it just worked out to apply for may and it was the first may trimester available so fortunately for me they said it was the least competitive!..they say the fall trimester is by far the most competitive because most people do not want to attend in the summer!?..i applied in september the deadline was october first..i recieved an email from dian hartly saying that my application was put on hold and that i needed to retake my gre because i had such a low score!!!..so i retook the gre on jan 14th and i was then notified ealy feburary that i was getting an interview and my interview was like the next week feburary 15th i believe and i heard exactly 2 weeks later that i was accepted and i was told that i was the only one at my interview that was applying for may they had pretty much finished all the other interviews!..and everyone there was for fall!..from what ive heard almost all the fall seats are filled?..they did say if we are accepted that you can choose to roll to the next trimester and if you are waitlisted you are garunteed a seat but it may not be that semester it may be the next!..so when did you apply and for what trimester??..did you get an interview ?

Yeah no problem..i actually graduated from cal state san marcos so i have been planning on applying to st augustine since i heard it opened..i finished in december so it just worked out to apply for may and it was the first may trimester available so fortunately for me they said it was the least competitive!..they say the fall trimester is by far the most competitive because most people do not want to attend in the summer!?..i applied in september the deadline was october first..i recieved an email from dian hartly saying that my application was put on hold and that i needed to retake my gre because i had such a low score!!!..so i retook the gre on jan 14th and i was then notified ealy feburary that i was getting an interview and my interview was like the next week feburary 15th i believe and i heard exactly 2 weeks later that i was accepted and i was told that i was the only one at my interview that was applying for may they had pretty much finished all the other interviews!..and everyone there was for fall!..from what ive heard almost all the fall seats are filled?..they did say if we are accepted that you can choose to roll to the next trimester and if you are waitlisted you are garunteed a seat but it may not be that semester it may be the next!..so when did you apply and for what trimester??..did you get an interview ?
I was originally going to apply for the Spring 2010 class. I had heard through the rumor mill that they may have been having trouble filling the Summer 2009 class. When I found this out I called to see if this was true and they informed me that your class, the summer class, was filled but there were still seats in the fall class (seemed odd to me...since the deadline was like 4 months ago). Anyways.. they told me if I got my application to them as soon as I could, I could be considered for the Fall 2009 class. All this has happened in the last week and a half. I got an application together and I mailed it off March 18th. I put a tracking number on it and they received it Friday afternoon. I'm sure with it being a Friday afternoon it wasn't looked at yet. So I'll see what the next week or two brings me!

crazy..yeah that is weird especially because they have been doing interviews for fall since the begining of feb?..well maybe because this may was the first summer session and all the people from sring 09 that were waitlisted and were gonna apply for fall applied for summer which relieved the fall application numbers!!..well i would definetly stay on top of them then because they tend to be disorganizd i have had to call 3 times to try and track down and recieve my acceptance package which dian hartly claims was mailed to me on fed 27??..they are still working out the kinks!!..well good luck what are your stats if you dont mind me asking??

crazy..yeah that is weird especially because they have been doing interviews for fall since the begining of feb?..well maybe because this may was the first summer session and all the people from sring 09 that were waitlisted and were gonna apply for fall applied for summer which relieved the fall application numbers!!..well i would definetly stay on top of them then because they tend to be disorganizd i have had to call 3 times to try and track down and recieve my acceptance package which dian hartly claims was mailed to me on fed 27??..they are still working out the kinks!!..well good luck what are your stats if you dont mind me asking??
Yeah no problem..my stats are:

GRE: 960, written 4.0
Overall GPA: 3.2
Pre-req GPA: 3.3

I too had a friend with MUCH higher scores, and she was rejected. I think she probably did not present herself well. She wasn't very informative, so that's why is turned to this network to get some questions answered..haha.
My coworker had a friend with like an 800 GRE, 3.17 overall GPA and a 2.8 pre-req GPA and they were accepted. I'm not sure if they chose St. Augustine though.
So it does sound like from you that they do look at the overall person, rather than just the numbers

i've have also worked in 3 different PT settings, longest being 3.5 years in an out patient ortho clinic
So we shall see what happens. Thanks for your help and advice!

Im glad i could help..this site really is awesome!..but just so you know..your stats are very similar to mine..actually you have a higher pre rec gpa and believe it ot not higher gre!!..and i did not even take the writtin portion!!..and you have more clinical hours of observation than i did!!!!!..maybe that will make you smile..but my friend who was denied had a higher gpa gre and about 5 years of aid hours??..so i truly believ it is really based off your auto letters of recc and your interview impression for sure..but just practice those questions i gave you and plan out your essay and i think you have a good chance to at least be waitlisted at worst!..keep me updated!:)

Im glad i could help..this site really is awesome!..but just so you know..your stats are very similar to mine..actually you have a higher pre rec gpa and believe it ot not higher gre!!..and i did not even take the writtin portion!!..and you have more clinical hours of observation than i did!!!!!..maybe that will make you smile..but my friend who was denied had a higher gpa gre and about 5 years of aid hours??..so i truly believ it is really based off your auto letters of recc and your interview impression for sure..but just practice those questions i gave you and plan out your essay and i think you have a good chance to at least be waitlisted at worst!..keep me updated!:)
I cannot thank you enough for the inside info you have given me! I just got an email today from Krista saying my application is complete and it's now onto the review committee...I'll def keep you posted

Members don't see this ad :)
Are any of you guys familiar with the OT program at the San Marcos location?

My gf is thinking of going into OT, but her GREs are really low. Her cumulative and pre-req gpa are high though.

I looked them up on the AOTA website and it does not list their program as accredited, but in process of accreditation. I tried the OT forums, but it is dead over there, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks and congrats to everyone that got in.

Are any of you guys familiar with the OT program at the San Marcos location?

My gf is thinking of going into OT, but her GREs are really low. Her cumulative and pre-req gpa are high though.

I looked them up on the AOTA website and it does not list their program as accredited, but in process of accreditation. I tried the OT forums, but it is dead over there, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks and congrats to everyone that got in.
Hey there. I'm not familiar with the OT program. But there are two information sessions at the San Marcos campus coming up on May 16 from 10:00am-12:00pm and on May 20 from 7:00pm-9:00pm for the OT and OT/PT dual program. Don't quote me on this but I think this upcoming September is the first OT class at this campus, so this could be by there isn't much info out there on it. I would have your girlfriend give them a call to find out more info. They can give her more info regarding her GRE scores and if she should retake them or not.

yes cali is right..the first ot students are in fall so it is just getting around..they will or are def accredited..the school was just approved for tittle 4..which is fasfa!!..which is awesome no more private loans..(the school has to be accredited to have title 4!). the ot students i believe are on a 7 trimester schedule as well as the pt and it is also a DOT..they aso have a dual degree which gives you your masters in ot and a doctorat in pt..pretty awesome..i would def have her appy since it might not be as competitive with it being the first year..as for the gre..my story is the same low sxores they did ask me to retake it..but the school is very lenient about that they will accept or hold you pending the retake so def apply with whatver your score is and if that is one of your only week points they will give you a chane to improve it before denial!!
im sure uve been to this site but if not they just updated it so check it out
http://www.usa.edu/index.aspx

Thanks for all the info. I will forward all that information to her. She is planning to apply for the Fall of 2010 for all the schools in CA. It seems that all the programs are competitive since there are only 4 or 5 of them. She is finishing another grad program right now and had a change of heart, so she is looking into OT now.

I got an interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got the email this morning!

yayyyyyy!!!..congrats!..just be original and super confident..review all the interview questions i posted and the essay questions and make sure to ask them questions..they like that!!..let me know it goes and how you like the campus..i just started the online prereq anatomy course and ordered all my books..very overwhelming but exciting!..when is your interview?

yayyyyyy!!!..congrats!..just be original and super confident..review all the interview questions i posted and the essay questions and make sure to ask them questions..they like that!!..let me know it goes and how you like the campus..i just started the online prereq anatomy course and ordered all my books..very overwhelming but exciting!..when is your interview?
my interview is next friday (the 10th) at 11am! im very excited
yay for spending lots of money on books! haha. how many books did you need to buy for the first semester? i hope it didn't break the bank!

oh the bank was broken a long time ago!..haha..there was 8 books on the book list around 600$..but il tell you the worst part about this whole thing..the shots..so many shots..tb, tetnus, hep b, mmr, titer...you need to have all your shots..i hate needles..it sucks!!
Well good luck and let me know how it goes!;)

oh the bank was broken a long time ago!..haha..there was 8 books on the book list around 600$..but il tell you the worst part about this whole thing..the shots..so many shots..tb, tetnus, hep b, mmr, titer...you need to have all your shots..i hate needles..it sucks!!
Well good luck and let me know how it goes!;)
hey! i felt the interview went very very well..so fingers crossed! they changed the questions up from the ones you gave me and the essay question was different as well. but i felt like i was just having a conversation with them, rather than being drilled with questions, so thats good. while on the tour mary told us that they were accepting around 55-60 people for the fall class and that they still had another interview date in early may. i really liked it there, everyone was so nice and it's such a nice area! are you still starting in early may? do you know anything about your class yet? it's all so exciting!

hey! i felt the interview went very very well..so fingers crossed! they changed the questions up from the ones you gave me and the essay question was different as well. but i felt like i was just having a conversation with them, rather than being drilled with questions, so thats good. while on the tour mary told us that they were accepting around 55-60 people for the fall class and that they still had another interview date in early may. i really liked it there, everyone was so nice and it's such a nice area! are you still starting in early may? do you know anything about your class yet? it's all so exciting!

Thats awesome im glad it went well..who did you interview with?..Mary is very nice!..and the school and area is great..i went to the community college and university bothe right down the street!..what questiones did they ask you..and what was your essay..too bad they changed it up..and i got those questions given to me by someone who has been in the program for a couple trimesters so they must of just changed them all maybe?
I actually just recieved my class schedule..i have fridays off!!!!..super excited i have class monday thur wed 7-4 crazy i dont even know what 7am looks like and we have lab and clinic hours on thursday..due to the loan difficulties and late fafsa acceptance my class only has 35 students!!..so its small too bad you couldnt have squeezed in that one!..I am also taking the pre-req anatomy class to try to help me out my friend who is currently in her first trimester says the anatomy is killer!!..i can send you my schedule if you want to take a look?
I hope you hear something soon!;)

Thats awesome im glad it went well..who did you interview with?..Mary is very nice!..and the school and area is great..i went to the community college and university bothe right down the street!..what questiones did they ask you..and what was your essay..too bad they changed it up..and i got those questions given to me by someone who has been in the program for a couple trimesters so they must of just changed them all maybe?
I actually just recieved my class schedule..i have fridays off!!!!..super excited i have class monday thur wed 7-4 crazy i dont even know what 7am looks like and we have lab and clinic hours on thursday..due to the loan difficulties and late fafsa acceptance my class only has 35 students!!..so its small too bad you couldnt have squeezed in that one!..I am also taking the pre-req anatomy class to try to help me out my friend who is currently in her first trimester says the anatomy is killer!!..i can send you my schedule if you want to take a look?
I hope you hear something soon!;)
there were only two of us interviewing that day. we interviewed with dr. wanda nitsch and dr. steve laslovich. both really nice and down to earth. they made me feel really comfortable. we were asked things like: if you were the president of your undergrad university, what would be something you would change? what is integrity and what was a situation that you had to use or felt it was tested? they had similar questions to yours but changed them up a little bit..such as: your doctor was overweight and smoked, would you listen to him when he told you to lose weight and quit smoking? do you feel as physical therapists we are role models? what changes do you see in physical therapy in the next 15-20 years? and then just things like what things have you done to prepare to be a physical therapy or be accepted in PT school? how do you handle stress? what class in undergrad was challenging to you and how did you overcome that challenge? etc. things like that...it's all sort of blurring together now. we were in there for about 45 minutes. my essay question was "what does the term quality of life mean to you?"

fridays off?!?! that sounds amazing...however i dont know what 7am looks like either..haha oh well the price you pay to have a day off. do you know whats going to happen to all of those that got screwed up with late fafsa stuff? did they just walk away or do they get a spot for fall?
i feel i know anatomy pretty well..or at least i did in undergrad...... what makes the anatomy there killer?

im so excited for you! def let me know if you recommend that pre-req anatomy course! i would love to see the schedule! would you be able to PM it or would you need my personal email address? just let me know!

there were only two of us interviewing that day. we interviewed with dr. wanda nitsch and dr. steve laslovich. both really nice and down to earth. they made me feel really comfortable. we were asked things like: if you were the president of your undergrad university, what would be something you would change? what is integrity and what was a situation that you had to use or felt it was tested? they had similar questions to yours but changed them up a little bit..such as: your doctor was overweight and smoked, would you listen to him when he told you to lose weight and quit smoking? do you feel as physical therapists we are role models? what changes do you see in physical therapy in the next 15-20 years? and then just things like what things have you done to prepare to be a physical therapy or be accepted in PT school? how do you handle stress? what class in undergrad was challenging to you and how did you overcome that challenge? etc. things like that...it's all sort of blurring together now. we were in there for about 45 minutes. my essay question was "what does the term quality of life mean to you?"

fridays off?!?! that sounds amazing...however i dont know what 7am looks like either..haha oh well the price you pay to have a day off. do you know whats going to happen to all of those that got screwed up with late fafsa stuff? did they just walk away or do they get a spot for fall?
i feel i know anatomy pretty well..or at least i did in undergrad...... what makes the anatomy there killer?

im so excited for you! def let me know if you recommend that pre-req anatomy course! i would love to see the schedule! would you be able to PM it or would you need my personal email address? just let me know!

Yeah wanda did my interview too..she is super nice..seems like a good dean!...wow your questions def. seem a little more indept than mine did..actually mary told me they had a full roster 55 students and that because of the loan process they were all rolled to fall or dropped i dont know an exact number?..but she said some rolled to spring as well, but they wouldnt have interviews still if they didnt have seats so...?
i thought i was good on anatomy as well, i got an A in applied but i struggled a little in my undergrad anatomy because it was a combined anatomy physiology for all science majors so i was learning crap i never will need to know. But my friend who is currently in the program was actually one of the anatomy lab TAs at my undergrad she Aced every anatomy class, and she said she has gotten D's on every anatomy lecture test so far..it freaked me out..she said the pase is so much faster and way more indepth all the nerve innervations and more applied stuff?..so i just took this pre-req online course its 50 bucks and sef paced its 12 units very long but i think its helpful! I would recommend it just because its not graded and doesnt really count and can only help you know!?
umm i dont know if i can pm it because it is in an excel format but il try!
I hop eyou get in, but from what ive heard if you do really well in the interview your pretty much a sure in, if not the fall the waitlist which everyone from the waitlist gets in eventually!?

Yeah wanda did my interview too..she is super nice..seems like a good dean!...wow your questions def. seem a little more indept than mine did..actually mary told me they had a full roster 55 students and that because of the loan process they were all rolled to fall or dropped i dont know an exact number?..but she said some rolled to spring as well, but they wouldnt have interviews still if they didnt have seats so...?
i thought i was good on anatomy as well, i got an A in applied but i struggled a little in my undergrad anatomy because it was a combined anatomy physiology for all science majors so i was learning crap i never will need to know. But my friend who is currently in the program was actually one of the anatomy lab TAs at my undergrad she Aced every anatomy class, and she said she has gotten D's on every anatomy lecture test so far..it freaked me out..she said the pase is so much faster and way more indepth all the nerve innervations and more applied stuff?..so i just took this pre-req online course its 50 bucks and sef paced its 12 units very long but i think its helpful! I would recommend it just because its not graded and doesnt really count and can only help you know!?
umm i dont know if i can pm it because it is in an excel format but il try!
I hop eyou get in, but from what ive heard if you do really well in the interview your pretty much a sure in, if not the fall the waitlist which everyone from the waitlist gets in eventually!?
well hopefully ill be in for fall or spring! i cant believe how slow the days are going by...haha. the next two weeks are gonna be long!

well hopefully ill be in for fall or spring! i cant believe how slow the days are going by...haha. the next two weeks are gonna be long!

I dont think i slept the entire 2 weeks..haha..and they called me at ike 4 on the 14the day i swear!!

I dont think i slept the entire 2 weeks..haha..and they called me at ike 4 on the 14the day i swear!!
I GOT IN!!!! I just got the call from Mary!! I'm so excited!

I GOT IN!!!! I just got the call from Mary!! I'm so excited!

YAYYYYYY!!...OMG..that is so exciting..i totally know how that call feels..what a relief!..Im so ecited for you..woohoo..ok so you should totally take the pre-req anatomy class and get ahead start i wish i had started it sooner!..oh and now you get to go get all your shots!!..haha..im excited to meet you!!:)..congrats!..i will keep you updated on how my trimester goes to give you a heads up!
AWESOME!!!:):D

It was the greatest phone call of my life! I can't wait to get my acceptance packet she said it probably won't be mailed until Monday.
Wow you're down to a couple of weeks now til you start!! thats so awesome! :thumbup: def keep me posted on how the first trimester is! is the online anatomy course offered through the school or else where? I cannot thank you enough for all your help and info you have given me this month! I'm still in shock that I only applied a month ago and I've been accepted! I get these random bursts of excitement when it hits me. Enjoy your last few days of freedom! :D:D:D

It was the greatest phone call of my life! I can't wait to get my acceptance packet she said it probably won't be mailed until Monday.
Wow you're down to a couple of weeks now til you start!! thats so awesome! :thumbup: def keep me posted on how the first trimester is! is the online anatomy course offered through the school or else where? I cannot thank you enough for all your help and info you have given me this month! I'm still in shock that I only applied a month ago and I've been accepted! I get these random bursts of excitement when it hits me. Enjoy your last few days of freedom! :D:D:D

I know..i cant believe its already so close!!..ahhh..im having such a hard time trying to study because i just wanna play and sleep..which im probably going to get little of for 2 years!..The anatomy class is offered through the school you have to call dian boyce and pay her 50 bucks and then its at your on pace..its in your acceptance package!..i wish i had the oppertunity to start as early as you because its a lot of info..but a lot i already know, so its just review but im assuming we should know all of it?..thats so crazy that it was that quick for you..so awesome!..well i will definetly keep in touch!;)

Good luck tomorrow!!!!!! Happy first day! :D

Good luck tomorrow!!!!!! Happy first day! :D

Thanks..orientation was intense today..long and expensive! Im excited to start..Ill keep you updated. Wow this school is strict on professionalism!!!! I had to go buy a whole new wardrobe!!:mad:

haha! yeah I thought the same thing too. I like that, but I thought it would suck to buy a whole new wardrobe. I ended up not goint to USA =( I liked it there but I went for the easier/cheaper choice. Good luck!

Hey, I'm super interested in applying to University of St. Augustine, San Diego. I am just now starting my PT hours and have my degree in Kinesiology already but won't be done with pre-reqs until december. Does anyone know... would it be too soon to apply in October for the May/Summer trimester? I'd like to apply for that one if I can because I hear it's less competetive at that time, but maybe they want all my pre-reqs done before I apply? Any thoughts or has anyone been in this position who applied to St Augustine San Diego??

Hey there. I'm not sure if there is a thing known as "too soon" in regards to applying to PT schools. Even though the deadline is October 1st, I believe you can apply at any time for any class at St. Augustine. Some people say the sooner the better to get your name out there and under their noses. As long as you fill in the part that you are looking to apply for the May 2010 class, they will hold onto it until they start reviewing applications for that class. However, I'm not one to really talk or know much info on their application review process....I applied almost 4 months past the deadline, got an interview, and was accepted.

As for your pre-reqs it depends on how many you have left. If you are applying with one or two outstanding, not such a big deal. They will still accept you, but your acceptance will contingent upon you passing those courses with a C or better. If you have a few classes to finish up I would recommend if you apply now-ish or even in a month or two, and are taking summer classes, as soon as those grades are finalized send them to St. Augustine. That way they will have those grades and your application and they will only be waiting for a one or two more grades that you will be finishing up by december.

They are extremely friendly and helpful, I would recommend calling and asking them these questions and any other questions you may have. They would be able to tell you if it's too soon or not better I can...haha. They can even tell you if a class you already took could substitute one of your outstanding pre-reqs. Such as an Exercise Physiology class could count as the second Biology course they want. Hope you find this somewhat helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, good luck and hopefully see ya in May! :)

Super helpful! Thank you! I have three classes to take (one more chem, bio & physics). I'll be done with one early august, but won't be done with the other two until december. I'll definitely call and ask them though because I have a ton of extra exercise science classes... I'm assuming the number I should call is somewhere on their webpage?

Super helpful! Thank you! I have three classes to take (one more chem, bio & physics). I'll be done with one early august, but won't be done with the other two until december. I'll definitely call and ask them though because I have a ton of extra exercise science classes... I'm assuming the number I should call is somewhere on their webpage?
Here's a website I found. Anytime I needed to call, I called the number for Enrollment Services on this site. http://my.usa.edu/ics/Admissions/

Awesome, thank you! I called today and they were very helpful! Very glad I called... I found out my Exercise Phys course will count for Bio, but the actual Bio course I took will not count. Definitely good to know when I'm signing up for my last few pre-req's! Thanks again!

Awesome, thank you! I called today and they were very helpful! Very glad I called... I found out my Exercise Phys course will count for Bio, but the actual Bio course I took will not count. Definitely good to know when I'm signing up for my last few pre-req's! Thanks again!
Good thing you called and found that out about your bio! Glad I could could help!

ok..for anyone attending the university of st. augustine this fall..I highly highly recommend that you take the pre rec online anatomy class!! I only got through 6 sections on it, but it is pretty much verbatim what we are learning..and I would have been screwed! the class goes EXTREMELY fast!!..good news is i made it through the first week!:)

ok..for anyone attending the university of st. augustine this fall..I highly highly recommend that you take the pre rec online anatomy class!! I only got through 6 sections on it, but it is pretty much verbatim what we are learning..and I would have been screwed! the class goes EXTREMELY fast!!..good news is i made it through the first week!:)
Thanks for the heads up! I'm sending them my check tomorrow for the course. Hope you're not going too crazy yet!

hi im new to SDN, I think its a cool forum. I have an interview in july for the St Augustine campus in Flordia. I was wandering if any one has had an interview with them recently or in the past and would love some tips im super nervous about it and i really would like to prepare as best I can. I saw the interview responses in april from earlier post, but I was wandering if they may have changed and was looking for recent info. thanks.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm sending them my check tomorrow for the course. Hope you're not going too crazy yet!

I am seriously way in over my head already..its crazy im not gonna lie..the anatomy is INSANE!!..weve learned already pretty much what i learned in one semester in undergrad!! ..I study like 20 hours a day!!..ahhh..buts its fun I really like all my professors and courses especially massage class..awesome..pretty much we pair up and practice giving each other massages for 3 hours straight..hope your not modest ive had to remove my shirt almost every day!!..lol..ok gotta get back to anatomy..memorize..memorize..memorize..haha!:)

hi im new to SDN, I think its a cool forum. I have an interview in july for the St Augustine campus in Flordia. I was wandering if any one has had an interview with them recently or in the past and would love some tips im super nervous about it and i really would like to prepare as best I can. I saw the interview responses in april from earlier post, but I was wandering if they may have changed and was looking for recent info. thanks.
Hey there. I interviewed at the San Diego campus, I'm assuming they run their interviews very similar. You can read above in this thread for interview questions that Lirpa and I were asked. Just be yourself and just talk with them like you are having a conversation. You have already passed the first step of meeting their requirements and obtaining an interview. The rest of your acceptance rides on your interview. The people interviewing you do not know what you look like on paper, such as GPAs and GREs. They are basing everything off your presence. It doesn't matter if the person you are interviewing with looks better on paper, you could be a better people person and be accepted based on how you presented youself. I would refresh yourself on current issues in physical therapy, they make ask a question or two during the interview to see if you are update on current issues, such as vision 2020. I felt my interview was very relaxed. They didn't sit there drilling you with questions or trying to trip you up. They just want to get a feel for who you are. Just review the questions we were asked and think of how you would answer them, look up current events in PT and just be yourself. Good luck!

I am seriously way in over my head already..its crazy im not gonna lie..the anatomy is INSANE!!..weve learned already pretty much what i learned in one semester in undergrad!! ..I study like 20 hours a day!!..ahhh..buts its fun I really like all my professors and courses especially massage class..awesome..pretty much we pair up and practice giving each other massages for 3 hours straight..hope your not modest ive had to remove my shirt almost every day!!..lol..ok gotta get back to anatomy..memorize..memorize..memorize..haha!:)
That massage class sounds like heaven! haha Def will help with the first trimester's stress. is anatomy the hardest course you have this semester and spend the most time on? or is another one killer? or all of them? haha study study study, you'll do great!

That massage class sounds like heaven! haha Def will help with the first trimester's stress. is anatomy the hardest course you have this semester and spend the most time on? or is another one killer? or all of them? haha study study study, you'll do great!

Anatomy is by far the hardest and most time consuming..We physically attend 10 classes a week!!..sounds crazy..well it is!..but i have not really even had a chance to stop and think about the other classes because I am so consumed with anatomy I spent 12 hours on campus today and i only had 1 class!..Dr. Kane lectures like a mad man..I started recording the lectures because I couldnt keep up with his pase!..but physiology is a little difficult as well, but its going at a much slower pace. Just picture a fire house spraying out information all at once thats how I feel!!..haha..not to scare you or anything..i mean its totally worth it, but very overwhelming!! And from what the other trimesters have said it doesnt get easier, but everyone is in agreeance with anatomy being one of the hardest classes! My best advice is to study up and down that pre rec anatomy even if it seems hard to study when you know it doesnt count because it will save your life when you get here I really regret not studying it harder and finishing it!!..put it this way..you have the pre rec course, so we are in the second week and we are already to i think the 4th or 5th unit on that online course!!!
well I will keep you updated and will actually see you in a few months!:)

Hey there. I interviewed at the San Diego campus, I'm assuming they run their interviews very similar. You can read above in this thread for interview questions that Lirpa and I were asked. Just be yourself and just talk with them like you are having a conversation. You have already passed the first step of meeting their requirements and obtaining an interview. The rest of your acceptance rides on your interview. The people interviewing you do not know what you look like on paper, such as GPAs and GREs. They are basing everything off your presence. It doesn't matter if the person you are interviewing with looks better on paper, you could be a better people person and be accepted based on how you presented youself. I would refresh yourself on current issues in physical therapy, they make ask a question or two during the interview to see if you are update on current issues, such as vision 2020. I felt my interview was very relaxed. They didn't sit there drilling you with questions or trying to trip you up. They just want to get a feel for who you are. Just review the questions we were asked and think of how you would answer them, look up current events in PT and just be yourself. Good luck!

Thanks for responding to me I appreciate it. Yeah ive already been thinking of what I would say to the questions yall posted earlier, they have helped me feel more prepared. I did'nt know that the interviewers did not know the stats thats cool, they must really base acceptance on the over all person, and I have not found that at any other school in the state I am from. For the current issues is the apta website my best bet, you know of any other sites. Do you start in the fall in california. Thanks again I appreciate it.

Good luck! I was interviewed for the st augustine campus. I loved it! but I went for a different school just to save money for differetn reasons (for example I can keep my job while in school because thankfully they're very flexible and supportive of my school work). Everyone is super nice, and I agree with Lirpa. They totally look to the entire presence. Dress really really professional (after all they really like that even for class!) and try to just be you (cliche I know) but really, I really felt that they are were not expecting for me to know a lot about PT they just wanted to get to know me. They even asked me a question regarding ethics and of course everyone was going to say the same thing you know "do the right thing" but is the way you answere, I believe, that they can tell if you're being honest, and also if your personality "fits" with the school. They are all so very nice so make sure you smile! LOL good luck!

Good luck! I was interviewed for the st augustine campus. I loved it! but I went for a different school just to save money for differetn reasons (for example I can keep my job while in school because thankfully they're very flexible and supportive of my school work). Everyone is super nice, and I agree with Lirpa. They totally look to the entire presence. Dress really really professional (after all they really like that even for class!) and try to just be you (cliche I know) but really, I really felt that they are were not expecting for me to know a lot about PT they just wanted to get to know me. They even asked me a question regarding ethics and of course everyone was going to say the same thing you know "do the right thing" but is the way you answere, I believe, that they can tell if you're being honest, and also if your personality "fits" with the school. They are all so very nice so make sure you smile! LOL good luck!
thanks Merryx for the advice I feel better about it now I feel like I will do ok if i can keep my nerves at bay. I wish july would hurry up. have you started at your school yet.