University of St. Augustine Spring 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

faith_PT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Created this forum for anyone applying to USA spring 16', I have noticed these forums are helpful when realizing everyone is in the same boat you are. The waiting game is not fun. I originally applied for fall 15' but decided to wait for Spring so I can strengthen my application by retaking my GRE.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck to all applying for Spring 2016! The application process is not fun. Spring of 2016... I will have just a few more months left in school; I am currently at USA! If any of you have any questions let me know. I would love to help you however I can. Just send me a PM.
Also, I wrote my experience through the interview process and posted it on my blog, www.creatingapt.com. Here is a link if you would like to see what my interview was like http://www.creatingapt.com/2014/07/interview-day.html
Thank you! Your blog is very helpful, I will email you with any questions :) and good luck with your final months in school!

Hello everyone. I am currently working on my application for spring '16 at USA. I am extremely excited and nervous. Good luck to everyone applying! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I am applying to St. Augustine (FL) for Spring 2016 as well. What campus are you applying to?

Hi everyone I am applying to Austin. How is the application process going for you guys?

Hi everyone! I am applying to St. Augustine (FL) for Spring 2016 as well. What campus are you applying to?
I have to ask about your screen name, Is this your 3rd time applying? It is mine :( but first time with USA

I have to ask about your screen name, Is this your 3rd time applying? It is mine :( but first time with USA

It is indeed my third time applying to school! First time for USA. Hoping for the best. This application process is for the birds.

It is indeed my third time applying to school! First time for USA. Hoping for the best. This application process is for the birds.
I am sorry you know what this feeling is like, at the same time it is nice to come across people who can relate. I wish you the best, what campus are you applying to??

I am sorry you know what this feeling is like, at the same time it is nice to come across people who can relate. I wish you the best, what campus are you applying to??

I am applying to the Florida campus! Although at this point, I'd be happy going to any of them haha

Hi everyone! I'm applying to the Austin campus as well. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also a 3rd timer. First at USA though. I don't care which campus I go to at this point! Good luck to everyone!

I'm applying for my first time to PT schools and USA San Marcos is on my list! I was wondering What everybody thinks USA prioritizes besides obviously the GPA. Thanks!

I'm applying for my first time to PT schools and USA San Marcos is on my list! I was wondering What everybody thinks USA prioritizes besides obviously the GPA. Thanks!
GRE, Personal Statement and Autobiography until the interview. I think it is GPA and GRE focused initially.

UCF advised me to look into USA's program as my low cGPA from my bachelor's (2.65) essentially disqualifies me from being considered for their program. Apparently USA doesn't go through PTCAS, is that correct?

UCF advised me to look into USA's program as my low cGPA from my bachelor's (2.65) essentially disqualifies me from being considered for their program. Apparently USA doesn't go through PTCAS, is that correct?
That is correct. USA has their own application process completely separate from PTCAS. Their application and everything they require to be accepted to their program is located on their website.

If any of you have questions about the USA application process, I can try to answer them. Not an expert, to say the least, but I want to help if I can. I start there in the Fall.

Hi,

I am trying to apply for St. Augustine San Marcos Spring 2016 but I had a question regarding Biology pre-reqs. Getting into contact with admissions has not been successful.

On the St. Augustine website, it only says 2 semesters of college biology where zoology can be substituted.

Can I take Bio 101 + 102 and clear the pre-reqs? Or Bio 130 Marine Biology + lab? Or would it have to be an upper division biology class such as Molecular bio?

Can someone give me an example of what they took to clear the biology requirements?
Community College / CSUSM / biology classes are pretty confusing.. ie if I've taken bio 107 at Miramar college, then taking bio 102 at Palomar college will be redundant?

Thanks for your help and time,
Jessie Nguyen

Last edited:
Hi,

I am trying to apply for St. Augustine San Marcos Spring 2016 but I had a question regarding Biology pre-reqs. Getting into contact with admissions has not been successful.

On the St. Augustine website, it only says 2 semesters of college biology where zoology can be substituted.

Can I take Bio 101 + 102 and clear the pre-reqs? Or Bio 130 Marine Biology + lab? Or would it have to be an upper division biology class such as Molecular bio?

Can someone give me an example of what they took to clear the biology requirements?
Community College / CSUSM / biology classes are pretty confusing.. ie if I've taken bio 107 at Miramar college, then taking bio 102 at Palomar college will be redundant?

Thanks for your help and time,
Jessie Nguyen
Hey there. To clear the requirements, I used Zoology and an upper class biology course, simply because I had the highest grades in those courses. The biology 101 and 102 should be fine. I don't recall them demanding a certain biology course be taken, they just want to make sure that two biology courses were taken outside of anatomy and physiology.

I talked to a lady in admissions yesterday because I had a few questions about the application process. She was kind of scaring me away from applying. She was asking me about my gpa and prereq gpa and stuff and she said the average prereq gpa for students that get interviews is like 3.4. But from what I've read on forums it looks like students with sub par gpas but that have a lot of experience and extra curriculars do well in terms of getting interviews and acceptance! Wondering if I should even apply now! :(

I talked to a lady in admissions yesterday because I had a few questions about the application process. She was kind of scaring me away from applying. She was asking me about my gpa and prereq gpa and stuff and she said the average prereq gpa for students that get interviews is like 3.4. But from what I've read on forums it looks like students with sub par gpas but that have a lot of experience and extra curriculars do well in terms of getting interviews and acceptance! Wondering if I should even apply now! :(
APPLY. To not apply is to immediately deny yourself an acceptance letter. The spring semester is less competitive than the Fall. You have a chance, don't worry. For interviews they look at your GPA and GRE. I would say that make sure you exceed their requirements as much as you can. They ask for 80 hours. Get at least 100 and maybe in two different settings. You just need a 294 GRE, maybe take it and maybe get a 298 or higher. If anything, what she said should be a challenge to you. Prove her wrong and get an interview. Good luck! :)

The nice thing about USA, they look at you as a whole. Still apply, my GPA for my bachelors is pretty crapy. However, they look at what you have done in your last years. I feel our chances are best at this university.

I've got about 2000 hours of pt tech experience in inpatient rehab and acute care so I'm hoping that, combined with my good references makes up for my gpa! Thanks for the encouragement.

I'm not sure if its my computer or just me... but when I tried clicking for information on the autobiography/statement of purpose I saw nothing... does somewhere on the site give us more details on what they specifically want for this section and how many characters?

Ptforthewin, I had the same thought so I called and asked yesterday and apparently there's no directions...weird

I'm a bit disappointed I didnt look into this school sooner! Does anyone think its too late to apply for Spring 2016 now? Or should I still give it a go??!

I'm not sure if its my computer or just me... but when I tried clicking for information on the autobiography/statement of purpose I saw nothing... does somewhere on the site give us more details on what they specifically want for this section and how many characters?

-Statement of Purpose: Formal statement declaring why you wish to pursue a career in the health sciences, and why you chose University of St. Augustine for that pursuit. This essay is typically 1 page.

-Autobiography: Essay that includes information about your past educational, professional, and personal pursuits, and how they have brought you to the health sciences field. Include any additional information that would not be discerned through documents such as transcripts, resumes, etc. This essay is typically 2-3 pages.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all, I'm applying to the San Marcos campus! This will be my 2nd go at USA so I'm hoping for the best (fingers crossed)

Has anyone already submitted the application? I've uploaded my Autobio/SOP and my references/observation forms have been completed; however, I've yet to hear from the school on whether or not they've received my GRE/transcripts. I've e-mailed Jocelyn a few times, but have not received a response yet!

Good luck all!

@mh0408 how was your experience the first time applying at USA? were you able to get an interview?

@mh0408 how was your experience the first time applying at USA? were you able to get an interview?

It was a few years ago in 2013. I unfortunately didn't get an interview. Hoping for a different outcome this time around ;)

Hey guys, so I have been trying to contact someone from admissions for like 2 weeks now and no one is answering my calls or emails. I uploaded my resume, autobiography, and SOP but am unsure what to do at this point. A few weeks ago Erika Forest sent me the prereq form we are suppose to fill out but I'm not sure where to upload that? I have my GRE and transcripts sent as well as my observation hour forms and references taken care of. I'm just kind of lost on what to do at this point. Is there a submit button or what?! Haha if anyone could enlighten me that would be awesome. Thanks!

Hey guys, so I have been trying to contact someone from admissions for like 2 weeks now and no one is answering my calls or emails. I uploaded my resume, autobiography, and SOP but am unsure what to do at this point. A few weeks ago Erika Forest sent me the prereq form we are suppose to fill out but I'm not sure where to upload that? I have my GRE and transcripts sent as well as my observation hour forms and references taken care of. I'm just kind of lost on what to do at this point. Is there a submit button or what?! Haha if anyone could enlighten me that would be awesome. Thanks!
Once you submit your application, you are provided a username and password. Once you are given that, that helps you kind of figure out what else is missing before you can be given an interview. The username and password allows you to double-check that you've submitted everything, as well as submit your prerequisite form.

Thanks Macklelaur. How do you submit it though? I submitted my academic profile but not finding a submit button for the rest. Do they send the username and password via email?

Thanks Macklelaur. How do you submit it though? I submitted my academic profile but not finding a submit button for the rest. Do they send the username and password via email?
There should be some sort of submit button for the whole application. I know they changed the application process online, so I can't exactly direct you on where it is. When I submitted my application, I filled it all out and when I paid my application fee, the application was submitted. Yes, they send the username and password via email

Yea see I don't even see any place to go that I can pay the application fee. This is so frustrating! Any current applicants able to help me out?

Yea see I don't even see any place to go that I can pay the application fee. This is so frustrating! Any current applicants able to help me out?

Hey, rehab10. I'm applying to their MOT program and I understand what you're talking about. At one point they completely changed their applications. My references and GRE scores were sent in, but nothing has been updated to my application.

I'm applying to DPT in San Marcos. The process is leaving me anxious. My understanding is that they switched the process back in April. I've had to confirm with all of my references and observation contacts that they were able to send in their responses. That has been super time-consuming and frustrating. The information under my documents is not updated still. I also, have some concerns about there being to final "submit" button. It leaves me wondering if anyone is getting my completed application, since I have NEVER received a response from email or phone calls at the admissions office. I've received some random emails they sent out updating what documents they have, but it has been inconsistent so I'm not relying on that. With the deadline on Monday I'm trying to submit everything by Friday, but this whole process has been really strange compared to most other institutions.
I'm also concerned about there being no pre-req form. In the previous online system, you entered all the pre-reqs and various GPAs. I haven't received any request to do so, but I can only imagine that that will slow this whole review process down to a standstill.
Has anyone had success talking to anyone on the phone? Is there a direct line you could post, because everything I've tried leads to voicemail that is never returned.

Ok, so I Erika Forest FINALLY got back to me last night. It had been 2 weeks since I last heard from her after calling a few times a day and emailing...Anyway, I would send you exactly what she said but my work computer wont let me get on my email so I'm copying it from my phone. She said "I'd like to clarify that the deadline is for the receipt of yor application. You still havetime to submit your documnts, as the review processis ongoing". This I don't really understand completely because again, I'm not seeing a final "submit" button or anywhere to pay? She also said they're experiencing a hold up in GRE scores so to be patient with that. She said as for my references and observation hours, to circle back and verify with them that they have been submitted. There is also a prereq form that you need to complete, Granada. She sent me it and I guess you just fill itout and email it back to your advisor. I still don't understand this whole thing about how you get a login and password. I am going to email her now. Will post back once I hear.

Ok, so I Erika Forest FINALLY got back to me last night. It had been 2 weeks since I last heard from her after calling a few times a day and emailing...Anyway, I would send you exactly what she said but my work computer wont let me get on my email so I'm copying it from my phone. She said "I'd like to clarify that the deadline is for the receipt of yor application. You still havetime to submit your documnts, as the review processis ongoing". This I don't really understand completely because again, I'm not seeing a final "submit" button or anywhere to pay? She also said they're experiencing a hold up in GRE scores so to be patient with that. She said as for my references and observation hours, to circle back and verify with them that they have been submitted. There is also a prereq form that you need to complete, Granada. She sent me it and I guess you just fill itout and email it back to your advisor. I still don't understand this whole thing about how you get a login and password. I am going to email her now. Will post back once I hear.

So how did you find out who your adviser is?
Has anyone stopped by the San Marcos office to talk with anyone? I'm wondering if that would be a waste of time....

Good luck to everyone! I applied for the Florida campus - I'm from UGA. Veryyyy nervous. I'm having the same problem getting in contact with Erika

Just a heads up - There is no application fee, they've changed it this year. You also have to ask the enrolment advisor to send you a copy of the pre-requisite form and then have it sent back to her. Jocelyn Higa is the advisor at the San Marcos campus, but she is extremely hard to get a hold of.

I had to contact her multiple times to follow up on my documents and whether they've been received or not.

Since then, I've decided to withdraw my applications due to some of the rule changes (I wish they would have updated their admissions requirements on the website). Good luck to everyone, hope you all get in!

Just a heads up - There is no application fee, they've changed it this year. You also have to ask the enrolment advisor to send you a copy of the pre-requisite form and then have it sent back to her. Jocelyn Higa is the advisor at the San Marcos campus, but she is extremely hard to get a hold of.

I had to contact her multiple times to follow up on my documents and whether they've been received or not.

Since then, I've decided to withdraw my applications due to some of the rule changes (I wish they would have updated their admissions requirements on the website). Good luck to everyone, hope you all get in!

Just curious, care to share what are the rule changes? :] thanks!

Interested also in what the rule changes are.

Could you provide Jocelyn's direct email?

So for the biology class prereqs did you guys use animal bio/zoology? It says on the prereq form only human based biology, but then I remember seeing someone post in this forum that they used zoology? It doesn't specify that on the website.