University of St. Augustine Spring 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a facebook group page for the class entering the summer of 2016. Search University of St. Augustine, San Marcos - Summer 2016.

Members don't see this ad.

How long did it take from the deadline date (june 15) to when they invited you for an interview?

Just got back on student doctor network to see if I can provide any help for those matriculating or interested in the program. Here is some general/random information in no particular order.
#1 Most people live in apartment complexes like Villa San Marco or The Preserves which are the closest to the campus- maybe 5 minutes away, but someone people also find houses nearby and share them with a few other students
#2 The St. Augustine is pretty safe, most people go downtown or to the beach for fun
#3 The professors overall are pretty helpful and down-to-Earth. They are very focused on clinical competency
#4 There isn't really a FB for anyone other than for those that have been accepted. I haven't seen a page that provides any advice from current students other than on here

Thank you for the info on the intro courses and the info above! Really appreciate it :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any of you visited both the St. Augustine and San Marcos campus? I can't decide between the two of which I would prefer to apply to... I visited the Florida campus and it was nice, but I have really wanted to move to California to go to school... Any thoughts? Thank you in advanced

Have any of you visited both the St. Augustine and San Marcos campus? I can't decide between the two of which I would prefer to apply to... I visited the Florida campus and it was nice, but I have really wanted to move to California to go to school... Any thoughts? Thank you in advanced

Hey i just visited florida campus. I dont know much about california campus. Florida campus is the oldest one and very hard to get in. I applied in austin one and got in. It is a beautiful campus.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey i just visited florida campus. I dont know much about california campus. Florida campus is the oldest one and very hard to get in. I applied in austin one and got in. It is a beautiful campus.
I am also curious about what the Florida campus looks like. I have been to St. Augustine many times for spring break, but I have never toured the campus.

Hello. I am applying for the Spring 2017 term (san marcos, full DPT) and I would appreciate some advice regarding my question:

Because I am graduating in May 2016, my final grades for my last semester will probably not be stated until the first week of June. In you opinion, would this hurt my chances of being accepted because my application will not be officially completed until right before the deadline? Thanks

Hello. I am applying for the Spring 2017 term (san marcos, full DPT) and I would appreciate some advice regarding my question:

Because I am graduating in May 2016, my final grades for my last semester will probably not be stated until the first week of June. In you opinion, would this hurt my chances of being accepted because my application will not be officially completed until right before the deadline? Thanks

Hey DPTgirll,

I would double check with the office just in case but from my experience you should be fine if the grades don't come out until after the application deadline. How many pre-requisite classes are you taking your final semester? Also, just make sure that you submit your transcripts from your school to St. Augustine on the very first day possible. Message me if you got any other questions, I'm starting DPT at San Marcos in about a month for the summer term.

If anyone here was accepted to the San Marcos campus and is interested in purchasing study material let me know. I have a lot of helpful tools/notes/media, which are laid out and organized based on where you are in the program.

Hey were you guys able to submit your app even if your degree conferral was not stated on your official transcript until later? Thanks

Hey were you guys able to submit your app even if your degree conferral was not stated on your official transcript until later? Thanks
Yes you can. This happened to me. Eventually you will have to send them evidence that your degree was conferred once it changes. But it always helps to send an email notifying your situation.