University of Sydney Vet Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyyy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I received my offer yesterday for the University of Sydney, yet I have until the 13th of December to decide. I am thinking about putting in the deposit cause we will get 90% of it back if I decide not to go if I hear from another vet school. But I am worried about postponing the whole process of finding housing and the idea of moving to an entirely different country (I am from Florida). Does anyone have any advice on what they are doing/did to help me figure out what to do? Also, does anyone know how it's like to even live in Australia?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys!
I received my offer yesterday for the University of Sydney, yet I have until the 13th of December to decide. I am thinking about putting in the deposit cause we will get 90% of it back if I decide not to go if I hear from another vet school. But I am worried about postponing the whole process of finding housing and the idea of moving to an entirely different country (I am from Florida). Does anyone have any advice on what they are doing/did to help me figure out what to do? Also, does anyone know how it's like to even live in Australia?
Hey I am also from florida going through the same exact scenario for USyd! Kind of stressful

Hey guys!
Did you end up getting ahold of anyone? there are some people in the previous year's thread that might be able to answer some of your questions! there's always advice on the relocating side of it all in the old threads if that helps :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you end up getting ahold of anyone? there are some people in the previous year's thread that might be able to answer some of your questions! there's always advice on the relocating side of it all in the old threads if that helps :)
No, not really. The school hasn't provided us with much information.

Hi Sky,

I've just started my fourth year DVM at USyd. I'm from Houston, Texas and had a lot of the same questions as you when I moved over back in 2019. Things are a little different now with COVID, but I'm happy to help out however I can. :)
No, not really. The school hasn't provided us with much information.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Sky,

I've just started my fourth year DVM at USyd. I'm from Houston, Texas and had a lot of the same questions as you when I moved over back in 2019. Things are a little different now with COVID, but I'm happy to help out however I can. :)
Hey Lane!!

Thank you so much! Whatever information/advice you can share about your time in the DVM program, the transition, housing, or things you wish you knew before you started I will truly appreciate it.

Hi Sky,

Hi! Could I PM you about USyd?!