University of Sydney c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kjdcc

Reaction score
Hello students :) I’m a OOS applicant from South Carolina and second time applying.

I haven’t seen a thread for the DVM 2027 class of USyd. Any applicants for this cycle?!
Last year they sent out the first round of acceptances around the end of November, and about the second week of December for the second round of acceptances. Good Luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
last year, people were getting offers from the 1st of November all the way up until two weeks into starting the course in feb so there's a really big window/ time to wait so hang in there! Hopefully they'll get back to you soon!

I've applied too! current Sydney Uni domestic student here. Good Luck everyone! Really hope we find out soon, the wait is so tough!

I've applied too! current Sydney Uni domestic student here. Good Luck everyone! Really hope we find out soon, the wait is so tough!
nothing, I haven't gotten any emails from them since submission tho. Tried to reach out through the portal thing and nobody ever replied to me. 😿
Hello students :) I’m a OOS applicant from South Carolina and second time applying.

I haven’t seen a thread for the DVM 2027 class of USyd. Any applicants for this cycle?!
Last year they sent out the first round of acceptances around the end of November, and about the second week of December for the second round of acceptances. Good Luck to everyone!
Have you received any offers yet?

I just got an email from them for unconditional offer of admission but I am very confused. So, accepting the offer doesn't guarantee a place in the enrolment quota? I guess I'm confused about does that mean I'm accepted or it's my application being successful?

Just received an unconditional offer! I am applying from the states btw. The email says we must submit an acceptance decision by December 4th and pay an Initial payment of $30,000 AUD (roughly $20,000 USD) at the time of accepting the offer. I have read on the previous forums that if I intend to pay through FAFSA or Federal/government loans, I can email the international financial aid office to inform them of my payment plan and they may reduce the initial payment amount to 15%. It looks like the university also informed the students to not accept the offer until after they have adjusted the tuition/initial payment amount and sent them an updated email. I just sent my email and received an automatic response stating that due to the high volume of enquiries, it may take up to 10 business days for them to get back to me. Any advice on what to do? $20,000 is a lot and it would be much easier if I can put down $3000 instead ;.; thank you

I just got an email from them for unconditional offer of admission but I am very confused. So, accepting the offer doesn't guarantee a place in the enrolment quota? I guess I'm confused about does that mean I'm accepted or it's my application being successful?
Congratulations ! i would look on the Uni website to see what that means. Can I ask, what was your GPA, volunteer experience and Casper results? so I can see if I still have a shot at getting accepted haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an unconditional offer! I am applying from the states btw. The email says we must submit an acceptance decision by December 4th and pay an Initial payment of $30,000 AUD (roughly $20,000 USD) at the time of accepting the offer. I have read on the previous forums that if I intend to pay through FAFSA or Federal/government loans, I can email the international financial aid office to inform them of my payment plan and they may reduce the initial payment amount to 15%. It looks like the university also informed the students to not accept the offer until after they have adjusted the tuition/initial payment amount and sent them an updated email. I just sent my email and received an automatic response stating that due to the high volume of enquiries, it may take up to 10 business days for them to get back to me. Any advice on what to do? $20,000 is a lot and it would be much easier if I can put down $3000 instead ;.; thank you
Congratulations!! 😊 Can I ask, what was your GPA, volunteer experience and Casper results were? so I can see if I still have a shot at getting accepted haha

Congrats! I'm also struggling with the money part, do you mind sharing on how to use FAFSA for the initial payment?I'm also in the states. Do you need to get approved for the loan first? How do you get the student aid without officially enrolling yet?

Congratulations!! 😊 Can I ask, what was your GPA, volunteer experience and Casper results were? so I can see if I still have a shot at getting accepted haha
Hi! My overall GPA was 3.3. Volunteer experience included about 200 hours volunteering at the animal shelter and local animal hospital. I had about 3,800 hours of work experience (includes working at a mice lab and small animal hospital as an assistant). My CASPer result was in the 4th quartile!

Congrats! I'm also struggling with the money part, do you mind sharing on how to use FAFSA for the initial payment?I'm also in the states. Do you need to get approved for the loan first? How do you get the student aid without officially enrolling yet?
Hi there! Congratulations! You can apply for your 2022 - 2023 FAFSA online at studentaid.gov. Once you have applied, you can email the international financial aid office at [email protected] to let them you know have submitted your FAFSA form. They will then respond to your email with an adjusted Initial Payment of $3600 AUD instead of the original $30,000 AUD! They also told me not to accept my offer until AFTER I have received the updated email with the adjusted Initial Payment. I hope this helped!

Hi! My overall GPA was 3.3. Volunteer experience included about 200 hours volunteering at the animal shelter and local animal hospital. I had about 3,800 hours of work experience (includes working at a mice lab and small animal hospital as an assistant). My CASPer result was in the 4th quartile!
That’s amazing well done! Are you an international or domestic student? 😊

Any other domestic students heard back? I still havent been rejected or accepted 😬

Anyone else has heard back? I still got nothing and I'm so nervous.

Anyone else has heard back? I still got nothing and I'm so nervous.
I emailed and they said if you didn’t get an offer in November then you’re on the waitlist so hopefully they send out second round offers soon!

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed and they said if you didn’t get an offer in November then you’re on the waitlist so hopefully they send out second round offers soon!
Gotcha, thanks a lot!

Just got my acceptance offer about 10min ago!!!

Reactions: 1 users
International student, just received my acceptance today :) Little conflicted cause they want to start Feb 14, but I havent heard from my other US schools yet. Plus it’s a BIG move!

International student, just received my acceptance today :) Little conflicted cause they want to start Feb 14, but I havent heard from my other US schools yet. Plus it’s a BIG move!
Congratulations! International student as well, I received my acceptance today too! Feeling similar it’s a big decision with very little time to decide.

Congratulations! International student as well, I received my acceptance today too! Feeling similar it’s a big decision with very little time to decide.
Congrats to you too!! But yes very big decision and you have til December 18….not sure what to decide 😭 Making a big move in such little time imo is just wild…glad to see I’m not the only one on the same boat.

Does anyone know how many students USYD accepts and is it 50% international and 50% domestic?

Have any domestic students received a round 2 offer yet? I’m still waiting 😭

Hello everyone, I just accepted my seat to start in February! Does anyone know the best place to find a living situation and/or roommates?

Hello everyone, I just accepted my seat to start in February! Does anyone know the best place to find a living situation and/or roommates?
Hi there! There’s lots of student accomdenation based around Sydney! May I ask if your an international or domestic student? :)

International!
I’m a domestic student! I haven’t gotten an offer or rejection yet so unfortunately I’m still waiting, but I have just completed my undergraduate from USYD, most people have suggested moving to Camperdown or close to for the first two years or the degree, and moving to Camden for the later two, purely based on quantity class time at each campus during those years of the degree.

I would personally look into student accommodation (there’s tons around Sydney and plenty of YouTube reviews!) in regard to private rentals and roommates I’d suggest joining some Sydney student Facebook groups ❤️

Hi Everyone! I'm an international student from the U.S. (California). Hoping to revive this forum here! I accepted my seat back in December and after getting rejected by most U.S. schools it seems that Australia is where the universe wants me to be. Thank you universe for making the decision easy for me :giggle:. I'm hoping to connect with anyone who is starting the DVM program in February. Should we make a WhatsApp group chat? Instagram profile? Has that already been done? If so does anyone have that information? Congrats to everyone that was offered a seat! For those that have not received any good news...don't give up! Take it from me, it literally only takes one yes.

Hi! I haven't seen anyone that has done this so, I created a group chat for all admitted students starting in February. I couldn't figure out how to do it on WhatsApp so I used an app called GroupMe. Here is the link: GroupMe

I look forward to connecting with you all!

Hi everyone! I’m planning on applying next cycle and am looking from advice from anyone who got in on pre-reqs. I already have a bachelors degree in early childhood education so I have to go back to school and take the sciences they require: bio, chem, orgo, and bio chem and I might take physics if I have time. I’m super confused on where they accept pre-reqs from. They told me they accept any courses taken “at a bachelor degree level” and I’m trying to take classes at UCSD continuing Ed and they told me this about their courses (they are all online with online labs) “while they are at an undergraduate level, they do not carry undergraduate credit, they carry continuing education credits” so I’m super confused if they will be taken or not. Is this a matter of verbiage being different between countries? Or are these 2 things different? Anyone who has taken prerequisite at a community college or online not a part of a degree I’d rly appreciate ur input!!!

UCSD continuing Ed and they told me this about their courses (they are all online with online labs) “while they are at an undergraduate level, they do not carry undergraduate credit, they carry continuing education credits”
Is the "they" here the institution you are taking the courses through or Sydney?

Your best bet is going to be contacting Sydney and asking them. You may need to include the syllabi of the courses.