University of Tennessee College of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: ***Official University of Tennessee College of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody heard anything since the last email that was sent out?

Any news, anyone? I'm an in-state resident and haven't heard anything, so just thought I'd ask!

got an interview invite today!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the details of the 2 part interview they are doing this year?

Does anyone know the details of the 2 part interview they are doing this year?

the first day was just an informational session with Dr. Covington and Mrs. Myers
the second day was the one on one interview

I am an ark resident, and i submitted the first day of the cycle
Awesome, thank you for the information. I’m a TN resident that submitted first day and haven’t heard anything yet - tbh I’m getting nervous. Congrats on your accomplishment!!

Awesome, thank you for the information. I’m a TN resident that submitted first day and haven’t heard anything yet - tbh I’m getting nervous. Congrats on your accomplishment!!

you will get there too and when you do I will be able to congratulate you as well!!! be patient and stay positive my friends, it is still super early in the game! much love!

I have a friend who received an interview invite today! Saturday, of all days lol!

How long is the interview?

they had a time cap of 15 minutes on it. my interviewer made it very clear that we were not allowed to run over on time because of their schedule.

they had a time cap of 15 minutes on it. my interviewer made it very clear that we were not allowed to run over on time because of their schedule.
Wow 15 minutes. What did you guys go over in that short amount of time?

yes it was very very short and felt even shorter. i blinked and it was over! she asked me a few questions ( basic interview questions) and then gave me a few minutes to ask her questions.

yes it was very very short and felt even shorter. i blinked and it was over! she asked me a few questions ( basic interview questions) and then gave me a few minutes to ask her questions.

Did the interviewers write down notes when you answered the basic interview questions? I feel 15 minutes kind of short. The information that they wrote down will be decisive I guess.

yes she took notes, and they are recorded then reviewed by two other committee members before decisions are made

Just got an interview email!

I wonder what percentage of students get accepted who interview!

I wonder what percentage of students get accepted who interview!
It doesn't say on explorer but the number of applicants this year really increased though.

Still nothing. I sent out my application on the 30th of June and haven’t heard a word.

Still nothing. I sent out my application on the 30th of June and haven’t heard a word.
Hang in there and trust the process. There are still a lot of chances for an interview since its still relatively early!

To those that have interviewed, did it take a while for your status to change on ADEA?

I submitted mine the first day apps opened and also havent heard anything yet! I believe they are interviewing through January so its still very early.

Did anyone else get an email stating UTHSC SoD received 15,000 applications? did they mean 1,500? Not really worried, I just think that's an insane number.

I got one and yeah I thought the same lol

Can anyone speak on the interview process? The style of the interview? Were multiple candidates on the informational zoom call the day before?

Can anyone speak on the interview process? The style of the interview? Were multiple candidates on the informational zoom call the day before?
It was only one, one on one 20 min interview. And the informational zoom was the same day as interview. Took about 30 min.

Does anyone know if they are still sending out pre-dec interviews?