University of Tennessee Externship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mo309

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm a current CSU student and have finalized an externship with Tennessee's soft tissue surgery service. I was wondering if anyone who attends/attended UT has any advice on finding affordable housing for my 2 weeks at UT, and any advice in general about making the most of my externship at UT. I'm a few years out from this but am heavily considering UT for residency applications when the time comes so I'm looking forward to spending some time there.

Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all!

I'm a current CSU student and have finalized an externship with Tennessee's soft tissue surgery service. I was wondering if anyone who attends/attended UT has any advice on finding affordable housing for my 2 weeks at UT, and any advice in general about making the most of my externship at UT. I'm a few years out from this but am heavily considering UT for residency applications when the time comes so I'm looking forward to spending some time there.

Thanks all!
:hello:

UT grad and still in the area. If you PM me your email address I can reach out to the current clinical students and see if anyone has space for you to crash for a couple weeks. I think that would probably be the most affordable option, two weeks of Airbnb or hotel would be pretty spendy.

By default students don't get to do a *ton* of hands on things on the surgery services, so definitely let them know when you start that you are interested in pursuing a surgery resident in the future and that you want to be as hands on as you can! I didn't take soft tissue when I was on clinics but I am good friends with one of the current surgery residents so I can also ask her if she has any advice.