University of Texas at El Paso

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTGurl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

Anyone familiar with the DPT program at the University of Texas-El Paso? Any one applied? I noticed that most people apply to other Texas DPT program besides the University of Texas-El Paso. Is there a specific reason for this?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I only applied to Texas Tech in the state of Texas. I briefly looked at El Paso but was not really interested. I really want to go to school outside of Texas (even though I do love Texas with a passion). Maybe some student's parents are afraid of El Paso because Juarez is right down the highway and that often leads to stereotyping El Paso as a dangerous city to live since it is right on the Texas/Mexico border (even though its a safe city according to my friends who grew up there and the low crime ratings). I like El Paso. You get the heart of both worlds like the wild west feel with a heavy blend of Mexican culture which are great. I think the reason why most people applied to other Texas schools instead of El Paso is because students still think it is and will be an MPT program even though its first year of DPT will actually be this May. I'm sure more will apply to that school once the transition is set. Plus, all of the PT informaton packets that list all the schools in the state of Texas has El Paso listed as an MPT program. Once that gets updated, students might look more into it.

i went to el paso once. It was pretty much a mexican town. I walked downtown and went into a chinese shop. the chinese owner started speaking spanish to me! i was like, uhh i dont speak spanish. other than that, the town is kinda like any other hispanic town in california. pretty hills

Hey mcc, have you heard back from tech yet?