-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of Texas CoP Application Thread
Started by ACE Rx
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats to those who got accepted. I feel a little bit worried right now 🙁 since I think I'll be in the first batch. I haven't received any emails yet 🙁. For those who got accepted, do you mind share your basic stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So did they only review the first round of interviewees today? or they reviewed both rounds??
They reviewed both rounds - toshimonkey above was interviewed in the second round.
I've HEARD that the first round of acceptances was given to the "top half" of the interviewed applicants, but not sure if it's true. It could even just be a random half, like they mixed up the applications and just went through half of them? But I think it makes more sense that they would have some sort of ranking.
I'm a current UT student and will be a Longhorn for life!!! YEAHHH
ACCEPTED!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
does anyone want stats??
good luck to everyone else waiting
EDIT!!
here are my stats
GPA: 3.6
PCAT: 84
Pharm Tech - 4 months
Research - 1 year
Volunteer - Part of 2 Pharmacy Associations plus a few other non-pharm clubs since freshman year
does anyone want stats??
good luck to everyone else waiting
EDIT!!
here are my stats
GPA: 3.6
PCAT: 84
Pharm Tech - 4 months
Research - 1 year
Volunteer - Part of 2 Pharmacy Associations plus a few other non-pharm clubs since freshman year
congrats sanaq2491!, please share your statsACCEPTED!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
does anyone want stats??
good luck to everyone else waiting
hehehe, Dr. Wilcox just emailed me and said that my application will be considered in the 2nd meeting 😀. At least more hope coming.
so it's not a ranking system they do where the first half finds out earlier? do you know when the next batch is coming out?
hehehe, Dr. Wilcox just emailed me and said that my application will be considered in the 2nd meeting 😀. At least more hope coming.
Did you email him first and ask? Or did he email you out of the blue?
Does anyone know when they will meet for the second round?
I have until the 19th (Monday after spring break) to respond, so they'll probably be keeping to what they told us and will send out the next batch that Friday (Mar. 23rd).
Congrats to those who got accepted!
For those who are curious about the order in which the applications are reviewed, they are ranked based on all your stats (GPA, PCAT, Interview, essays, experience, etc). However, it is NOT like the top 125 in that rank are automatically admitted. The ranking is only for the order in which they review your application. For those who have not heard yet, don't get too worried. There are still more acceptances to come after spring break. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask. I am currently a P2 at the UTCoP and will do my best to answer anything about admissions or about the college itself.
For those who are curious about the order in which the applications are reviewed, they are ranked based on all your stats (GPA, PCAT, Interview, essays, experience, etc). However, it is NOT like the top 125 in that rank are automatically admitted. The ranking is only for the order in which they review your application. For those who have not heard yet, don't get too worried. There are still more acceptances to come after spring break. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask. I am currently a P2 at the UTCoP and will do my best to answer anything about admissions or about the college itself.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to those who got accepted!
For those who are curious about the order in which the applications are reviewed, they are ranked based on all your stats (GPA, PCAT, Interview, essays, experience, etc). However, it is NOT like the top 125 in that rank are automatically admitted. The ranking is only for the order in which they review your application. For those who have not heard yet, don't get too worried. There are still more acceptances to come after spring break. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask. I am currently a P2 at the UTCoP and will do my best to answer anything about admissions or about the college itself.
Thanks you for input. Do you know how many acceptance letters they sent out? Is it really half or more than half?
Did you email him first and ask? Or did he email you out of the blue?
Actually i emailed him a lng ime ago bout my research stuff but no reply until today. So he mentions about my application as well 😛
Bummer 🙁 I didn't get an email either.
Congrats to everyone who did!
Same here. *le sad
Thanks you for input. Do you know how many acceptance letters they sent out? Is it really half or more than half?
So if anyone in the first batch hasn't been chosen, will they be considered in the 2nd meeting as well?
Same here. *le sad
I feel your pain 🙁 I've been at work all day and, against my better judgement, made the mistake of checking my email at 3pm... and lo and behold, no email from UT. And it's cold and rainy outside. Such a bummer
Not giving up hope yet though...
Last edited:
So if anyone in the first batch hasn't been chosen, will they be considered in the 2nd meeting as well?
I'm not sure about how many acceptances have been sent out yet, nor how many applications they have gone through. It depends on their pace going through the applications and talking about the applicants. I'm also not sure about the policy of deferring applicants from the first meeting to be considered again in the second meeting. I'm not on the admissions committee; just a pharmacy student here at UT.
My best advice, as hard is it will be, is to try your best to stick it out for another two weeks. Don't get too down; I know how hard it was to wait as I was sent my admission e-mail after the second meeting, so I understand how difficult it was. Right now, its in the hands of the admissions committee, so try your best to not stress out. Again, if you have any questions, you can ask them here or PM me and I will try my best to answer! That applies to all you newly admitted students, too!
I'm not sure about how many acceptances have been sent out yet, nor how many applications they have gone through. It depends on their pace going through the applications and talking about the applicants. I'm also not sure about the policy of deferring applicants from the first meeting to be considered again in the second meeting. I'm not on the admissions committee; just a pharmacy student here at UT.
My best advice, as hard is it will be, is to try your best to stick it out for another two weeks. Don't get too down; I know how hard it was to wait as I was sent my admission e-mail after the second meeting, so I understand how difficult it was. Right now, its in the hands of the admissions committee, so try your best to not stress out. Again, if you have any questions, you can ask them here or PM me and I will try my best to answer! That applies to all you newly admitted students, too!
😀 Thx a bunch.
is there another fb group? the other one got taken down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/342998079070013/#!/groups/170004393116888/
this is the official fbook group. congrats to everyone who's gotten in so far! my gpa's abysmal so i won't post it here, but my pcat's 78, and i've worked a couple of years at a retail pharmacy, done some research, and volunteer quite frequently.
good luck to those that still have yet to hear back 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I saw a couple of posts asking for the stats of people that got accepted- Not sure that mine are in the norm, so just take mine with a grain of salt if yours are different.
-GPA: 3.49
-PCAT: 86
-6+ years Pharmacy Experience in Retail, Long-Term Care (which includes management experience and both sterile and non-sterile compounding), Oncology (didn't include on my app but spoke briefly about in my interview - I think), and Pharmacy/Health Education at the College Level (adjunct faculty member at a career school).
Volunteer as a Mentor for LGBT students on UH campus, as a general volunteer with Bunnies on the Bayou, and as an occasional helper with the MCC counseling center in the Montrose area of Houston. I also volunteer on campus with a professor who is very involved with TEACH Houston, University promotion, and general philanthropy.
-Current Major: Biology with a Minor in Phronesis
Now to show you that you can't count yourself out because of grades - I've had to take Organic Chem 1 and 2 twice because of work/personal/financial issues. So don't freak out about the GPA. UT is really good about looking at all of your qualities - or I don't think I would have been accepted hahah!
Good luck to all of you!!!! PM me or message me here if you have more questions! Oh and I interviewed on Feb 11th. - Just in case that was a question also...
-GPA: 3.49
-PCAT: 86
-6+ years Pharmacy Experience in Retail, Long-Term Care (which includes management experience and both sterile and non-sterile compounding), Oncology (didn't include on my app but spoke briefly about in my interview - I think), and Pharmacy/Health Education at the College Level (adjunct faculty member at a career school).
Volunteer as a Mentor for LGBT students on UH campus, as a general volunteer with Bunnies on the Bayou, and as an occasional helper with the MCC counseling center in the Montrose area of Houston. I also volunteer on campus with a professor who is very involved with TEACH Houston, University promotion, and general philanthropy.
-Current Major: Biology with a Minor in Phronesis
Now to show you that you can't count yourself out because of grades - I've had to take Organic Chem 1 and 2 twice because of work/personal/financial issues. So don't freak out about the GPA. UT is really good about looking at all of your qualities - or I don't think I would have been accepted hahah!
Good luck to all of you!!!! PM me or message me here if you have more questions! Oh and I interviewed on Feb 11th. - Just in case that was a question also...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/342998079070013/#!/groups/170004393116888/
this is the official fbook group. congrats to everyone who's gotten in so far! my gpa's abysmal so i won't post it here, but my pcat's 78, and i've worked a couple of years at a retail pharmacy, done some research, and volunteer quite frequently.
good luck to those that still have yet to hear back 🙂
About the fb group, it says I need a UT email to join so does anyone know how I can go about getting one? Thanks for the help 🙂
Again guys good luck to everyone waiting. I know it sucks but be confident and distract yourself by having a really fun spring break 🙂)
Accepted!!!!!!
For those of you curious about stats:
B.S. Biochemistry to be earned in May
GPA: 3.9
PCAT: 88
Pharmacy Experience: 2 years as a pharmacy tech
For those of you curious about stats:
B.S. Biochemistry to be earned in May
GPA: 3.9
PCAT: 88
Pharmacy Experience: 2 years as a pharmacy tech
Ok so I went ahead a paid my $200 deposit. It's a relief now that it's over.
Did you get more info on paying your deposit after you replied to the acceptance email?
I didn't to reply my email till 7 p.m...kind of late. Could that be why I didn't get any deposit info?
I meant maybe group 1 who got accepted before spring break were the people that interviewed on the first weekend and then group 2 to hear back after spring break are the people that interviewed the second weekend? I hope not because I interviewed the first weekend available...No, a bunch of us are waiting until the 23rd.
Just curious if any of those who just got accepted were from the latter weekend.
does anyone know if UT sends out denial letters?
Yes, they do send denial letters only, no e-mails.
Did you get more info on paying your deposit after you replied to the acceptance email?
I didn't to reply my email till 7 p.m...kind of late. Could that be why I didn't get any deposit info?
Log into your UT account, it's under the what I owe section.
Log into your UT account, it's under the what I owe section.
i clicked on what i owe and it says: Our records indicate that beeksnackstick does not owe anything at this time.
??
i clicked on what i owe and it says: Our records indicate that beeksnackstick does not owe anything at this time.
??
I don't know then, that's what showed up on mine.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted and i interviewed the last day, 2/25.
My tuition bill also says nothing owed.
My tuition bill also says nothing owed.
Accepted!!!!!!
For those of you curious about stats:
B.S. Biochemistry to be earned in May
GPA: 3.9
PCAT: 88
Pharmacy Experience: 2 years as a pharmacy tech
Are you doing undergrad at UT?
good news for both of us, congrats! Maybe they did last name A-M then N-Z? hahaI interviewed on the second weekend and I was accepted.
good news for both of us, congrats! Maybe they did last name A-M then N-Z? haha
Is it by last name? Or by stats?
Is it by last name? Or by stats?
stats. i believe a pharmacy student posted earlier that everyone is ranked and that the adcom discusses the cases starting from the highest.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K