University of Texas Health Science Ctr-San Antonio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTHopeful921

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone in here is a student at UTHSC-San Antonio? If so, how is the program, students, faculty, and cirriculum? how were you stats when you applied and got accepted? any likes and dislikes about the prgm? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a PT student at UTHSCSA and I love it here. The faculty is very supportive and really strives for student success in the program. They really listen to us as to how the program can be enhanced and they do the best they can to make changes accordingly. Aside from their support, they are friendly and get to know each of us very well. The students are also great! They did a really good job at filling our class. We all have meshed so well and we really are a big family.
The curriculum is set up nicely and seems to be working well. At first I was skeptical that anatomy was not until the second semester because most other PT schools have anatomy in the first semester. However, when anatomy starts it correlates extremely well with all of the other PT related classes that semester. For example, when we were doing the shoulder in anatomy class and lab, we also learned all the manual muscle testing for the muscles of the shoulder and upper extremity. At the same time in our movement science class we learned all the osteokinematics and arthrokinematics of the shoulder complex and then how to mobilize the shoulder with different techniques in lab. Also, anatomy is required again in the last semester of the 3rd year which is great because you get to relate all the clinical experience from clinicals back to the human body. Plus it serves as a good review for the licensure exam.
Overall I really love the program and am so glad I chose to come here!! San Antonio is great and I love living here. Also, rent is not bad really close to the school either. I had a 3.6 overall GPA and prereq GPA when I applied and was accepted. Hope this helps!

Just wondering if anyone in here is a student at UTHSC-San Antonio? If so, how is the program, students, faculty, and cirriculum? how were you stats when you applied and got accepted? any likes and dislikes about the prgm? Thanks!

I'm also considering applying here for the next admissions cycle (for entrance in 2013) and would love to have a few more people share their experiences (either when applying or when enrolled in classes).

Their website notes that they give preference to Texas students, but how much preference would be nice to know (i.e. how stellar would you have to be as an out-of-state applicant in order to procure a spot?).