Texas DPT Wave 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lm33984

Reaction score
Hello! I noticed that a thread hasn't been started for the 2023-2024 application cycle for Texas PT schools, so I figured I would get one going. I think it would be good to stay updated on where schools are at with their processes and also celebrate each others interviews and acceptances!

Feel free to post your stats, where you are applying, and any updates on your applications! I applied to UTSW, UNTHSC, and TTUHSC

Members don't see this ad.

Howdy! I applied to UTHSCSA, USAHS, UIW, & TXST on July 1st. So far I've received the confirmation emails from each school that they received my verified app and had the phone chat with the USAHS enrollment advisor.

Reactions: 1 users
I received an interview invite from TTUHSC this week! Wondering if anyone has heard from UNTHSC? They had sent a general email out saying they were going to start sending interview invites out this week and so I was curious.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted to USAHS and still waiting to hear back from the other three.

Just submitted my application for TWU, UTEP, and USAHS! Fingers crossed!

I applied to UNTHSC on 8/23, waiting to hear back from them. Have any of y’all applied to their program? If yes, how long did you wait for an interview invite( if you received one)?

I applied to UNTHSC on 8/23, waiting to hear back from them. Have any of y’all applied to their program? If yes, how long did you wait for an interview invite( if you received one)?
I also applied and am waiting to hear back from them. I know they have sent out the first round of interview invites which will happen this Friday. Have you been able to access your student portal account? If so, does it tell you that you have no active application?

Hey everyone! Wanted to see if anyone has heard from UTMB or UNTHSC yet? I finished everything for the UNT application on August 2nd and I finished everything for UTMB on August 31st so I know UTMB will probably be a little longer. Just wanted to know what that timeline looks like if anyone has received invitations for either :)

I also applied and am waiting to hear back from them. I know they have sent out the first round of interview invites which will happen this Friday. Have you been able to access your student portal account? If so, does it tell you that you have no active application?
Yes, my student portal shows that I have an active application and it’s been complete & under review since August 25th

Hey everyone! Wanted to see if anyone has heard from UTMB or UNTHSC yet? I finished everything for the UNT application on August 2nd and I finished everything for UTMB on August 31st so I know UTMB will probably be a little longer. Just wanted to know what that timeline looks like if anyone has received invitations for either :)
I’m still waiting to hear from UNTHSC!

I applied to UNTHSC and received a invite for an interview on 8/25 and had an interview on 9/22. I have not heard anything back yet

Reactions: 2 users
Hey y’all. I haven’t received an email but I checked my portal at UNTHSC. And it says I am waitlisted. Anyone else have an update?

Members don't see this ad :)
Howdy! I wanted to put this out there in case it helps anyone. I’m frequently checking this thread to see other people’s updates since this process is super drawn out and stressful. Also wondering if anyone who has interviewed at TTU has heard back?
  • HSU (nothing yet)
  • TWU (nothing yet)
  • UNTHSC (nothing yet)
  • UTSW (nothing yet)
  • TTUHSC (interviewed in Odessa on 9/22, no update)
  • UTMB (interview set for 10/18)
  • UMHB (interviewed on 9/13, accepted on 9/19)

Reactions: 2 users
Howdy! I wanted to put this out there in case it helps anyone. I’m frequently checking this thread to see other people’s updates since this process is super drawn out and stressful. Also wondering if anyone who has interviewed at TTU has heard back?
  • HSU (nothing yet)
  • TWU (nothing yet)
  • UNTHSC (nothing yet)
  • UTSW (nothing yet)
Hey there! I interviewed with TTUHSC at the Lubbock campus on 9/15 and heard back with an acceptance to the Lubbock campus on 9/27. I wish you luck with your upcoming interviews and I hope you hear back from tech soon!

Hey there! I interviewed with TTUHSC at the Lubbock campus on 9/15 and heard back with an acceptance to the Lubbock campus on 9/27. I wish you luck with your upcoming interviews and I hope you hear back from tech soon!
Thanks for the reply!! Congratulations on your acceptance from TTU! Wondering if you heard anything from UNT?

Hi, all,
wondering if anyone has heard back from TxState or UTHSCSA? Getting antsy about them.
I heard back and interviewed at TTUHSC and received an acceptance.
Have an upcoming interview at UNTHSC in November.

Congrats! Did you make it clear you wanted Lubbock or did it just work out like that? I got accepted to Amarillo campus, but I was really hoping for Lubbock.

Hi, all,
wondering if anyone has heard back from TxState or UTHSCSA? Getting antsy about them.
I heard back and interviewed at TTUHSC and received an acceptance.
Have an upcoming interview at UNTHSC in November.
I got an email from UTHSCSA yesterday with an interview offer and rejection from TXST today.

Last edited:
Congrats! Did you make it clear you wanted Lubbock or did it just work out like that? I got accepted to Amarillo campus, but I was really hoping for Lubbock.
I made it super clear that I wanted Lubbock both in my essay and in my interview. Congrats on the acceptance to Amarillo! Do you think you will still consider it?

I made it super clear that I wanted Lubbock both in my essay and in my interview. Congrats on the acceptance to Amarillo! Do you think you will still consider it?
Got you, thanks for the answer! Thanks! Honestly I'm leaning towards 80% no, but I'll accept until I know if I have other options. I just can't handle a move in the middle of year 1, personally.

I procrastinated taking my GRE ( cause it scared the living crap out of me) but when I get my scores in, I’m applying to: Texas Tech, University of St. Augustine, University of Texas Southwestern, and two programs in Oklahoma.

Damn that sucks about the rejection, but congrats on the interview offer!
Actually the email from TXST was a mistake! They clicked the wrong button in the portal and I'll be interviewing with them after all.

Actually the email from TXST was a mistake! They clicked the wrong button in the portal and I'll be interviewing with them after all.
LET'S GOOOOOO ! congrats!!! Can I ask when you applied and if they emailed you or if you just got an updated portal notif? I applied to them pretty late, but still antsy.

LET'S GOOOOOO ! congrats!!! Can I ask when you applied and if they emailed you or if you just got an updated portal notif? I applied to them pretty late, but still antsy.
Thanks! I submitted my application on July 1st, got a confirmation email from them on July 7th, then the email yesterday saying there was an update posted to the portal. I had to go to the portal to read the update. Then I got an email this morning explaining the portal error.

Thanks! I submitted my application on July 1st, got a confirmation email from them on July 7th, then the email yesterday saying there was an update posted to the portal. I had to go to the portal to read the update. Then I got an email this morning explaining the portal error.
What a trip lmao they really gave you an emotional rollercoaster but that must've been awesome to wake up to. Thanks for the reply!

Thanks for the reply!! Congratulations on your acceptance from TTU! Wondering if you heard anything from UNT?
Thank you so much!! I just got an invite to interview with UNT yesterday, so I am super excited to have the opportunity!

Got you, thanks for the answer! Thanks! Honestly I'm leaning towards 80% no, but I'll accept until I know if I have other options. I just can't handle a move in the middle of year 1, personally.
That’s so fair! I hope you get some more options that might work better for you!

This happened to me as well. Originally my portal said I got rejected and then they sent me an email the following day saying it was a mistake.

Howdy! I applied to UTHSCSA, USAHS, UIW, & TXST on July 1st. So far I've received the confirmation emails from each school that they received my verified app and had the phone chat with the USAHS enrollment advisor.
Update:

USAHS: Accepted, but may change my mind after the other interviews
UTHSCSA: Interview on Nov 10th
TXST: Declined interview because it's also Nov 10th
UIW: Interview (virtual) by Nov 10th

• HSU (nothing yet)
  • TWU (nothing yet)
  • UNTHSC (nothing yet)
  • UTSW (nothing yet)
How did the UTMB interview go?

How did the UTMB interview go?
It went well! A lot like other programs where they have you out to do a tour, interview, Q&A, etc. It took about half the day. There was also an option to do a virtual format but I chose to go in-person.

Update:

USAHS: Accepted, but may change my mind after the other interviews
UTHSCSA: Interview on Nov 10th
TXST: Declined interview because it's also Nov 10th
UIW: Interview (virtual) by Nov 10th
Update:

UTHSCSA : Interviewed yesterday and got my acceptance today!
UIW: declined my interview because I felt really great about UTHSCSA interview

I'm going to accept UTHSCSA and decline USAHS primarily due to public vs private school and it being more financially advantageous for my family. Otherwise, both programs are phenomenal and have their pros and cons.

Has anyone heard back from TXST yet after interviews? I know it's only been 2 days but was wondering if they've started sending out acceptances.

It went well! A lot like other programs where they have you out to do a tour, interview, Q&A, etc. It took about half the day. There was also an option to do a virtual format but I chose to go in-person.
That’s good ! I have an interview coming up and its in person! I was wondering what type of questions they asked you. I know they have group interview and individual interview as well, is that right?

Has anyone heard back from TXST yet after interviews? I know it's only been 2 days but was wondering if they've started sending out acceptances.
LOL I wanted to ask this too. I asked them and they said we can expect to hear back by December 1.

I got waitlisted for UNTHSC and am super bummed :( It seems like they are waitlisting a lot of people so chances seem super low to get off the waitlist.
I was waitlisted also, and my interview was in Sept. :( I’ve spoken to about 6 current students and they were waitlisted also and got off the waitlist. I’m a little discouraged also but trying to be optimistic.