University of the Incarnate Word Feik School of Pharmacy Fall 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
HiHi everyone,

I talked to the office of student affairs today, just to catch up on everything. They told me that calls will be made through out summer, when a spot opens up (when people reply to the school saying that they are a not going to attend UIW FSOP:confused:).

SOOO, keep your hopes up everyone:cool:. ALL OF US THE CLASS OF 2012:thumbup: are rooting for you waitlisters to get in:xf:!! From all the people that I met at interviews, I can see that you are all intelligent people and i have faith that those I met will get in!:luck:

Anyway, enough from me hope everyone is enjoying their summer! If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Members don't see this ad.

HiHi everyone,

I talked to the office of student affairs today, just to catch up on everything. They told me that calls will be made through out summer, when a spot opens up (when people reply to the school saying that they are a not going to attend UIW FSOP:confused:).

SOOO, keep your hopes up everyone:cool:. ALL OF US THE CLASS OF 2012:thumbup: are rooting for you waitlisters to get in:xf:!! From all the people that I met at interviews, I can see that you are all intelligent people and i have faith that those I met will get in!:luck:

Anyway, enough from me hope everyone is enjoying their summer! If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

I'm hanging in there...keeping the faith :xf: but shouldn't we be hearing something soon though, since the deadline for your deposit was the 8th?

Ok here are some "good" News to everyone...I stopped by the Office of Student Affairs and was talking to counselors, and they let me know that "some spots" opened up....They are however awaiting on the administration for their instructions (which should be REALLY SOON!:luck:)...Some of you lucky ones will hopefully get a call in the nearer future! :xf:

Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend everyone!!! Peace:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

I can not locate any school where I can take calculus based physics over the summer. I am located in southeast texas and my community college doesn't offer it during the summer. Do you think they will over look that pre-req if I have 8 hours of trig based physics?

Hey everyone,

I can not locate any school where I can take calculus based physics over the summer. I am located in southeast texas and my community college doesn't offer it during the summer. Do you think they will over look that pre-req if I have 8 hours of trig based physics?

I'm not sure about your 8hrs of trig based physics, because I had them too, Physics 1 and 2, right? all trig based? and still, I had to take calculus-based physics, which is University Physics for engineering... I had to take it during summer, no matter what, they specifically told me to do so. There's no opt out for that class. However, you might request for lab exemption ... you just need to take the lecture. Houston Community College does offer the class.

does anyone know if we turn in our updated transcripts to pharmcas or the school?

I was looking for apartments online and have a bit trouble finding good ones that are close to the school. Any recommendations?

Ok here are some "good" News to everyone...I stopped by the Office of Student Affairs and was talking to counselors, and they let me know that "some spots" opened up....They are however awaiting on the administration for their instructions (which should be REALLY SOON!:luck:)...Some of you lucky ones will hopefully get a call in the nearer future! :xf:

Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend everyone!!! Peace:thumbup:

Would you know if they already made the first call for the first round yet? Is this the second or third round you were talking about? I thought they would have called since May 12th, which is the last day to accept the seats ... :confused:

Hey everyone,

Some of the community colleges offer the course under a different name. I took it at Lonestar College and it was called "Heat and Mechanics". Double check to make sure that the schools in your area do not list it under a different name. I had the same problem and was only looking for a "Calculus Physics" title. Hope this helps :)

I was looking for apartments online and have a bit trouble finding good ones that are close to the school. Any recommendations?

Check out the "UIW FSOP C/O 2013" thread. Some of your classmates were asking about it and there is some pretty good information in there to check out.

Would you know if they already made the first call for the first round yet? Is this the second or third round you were talking about? I thought they would have called since May 12th, which is the last day to accept the seats ... :confused:

You think they have already called people and we don't know it because they are not on SDN??

You think they have already called people and we don't know it because they are not on SDN??

I know that this is sad:cry:, but true. I have talked to the office of student affairs and they are making calls. What I would suggest to calm your nerves, is just to take it easy and find something to do to take your mind off of the wait, etc. I know it sounds hard and VERY difficult:scared:, but what I will say is that when you do get that call it will be a VERY NICE surprise!:D

Trust me ALL of us are rooting for each one of you to get in:xf:! We know you want to be here to be a part of this GREAT experience at the Feik School of Pharmacy;)!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,
I got the call today. I was called off the waitlist and I accepted. I received the call around 4:30. :soexcited:

Good Luck to all the calls are coming :luck:

Congrats Man! :thumbup: We knew you could make it! :D Have a great and restful summer! :cool:

Many of you on the waitlist should be getting calls soon enough!:xf: Trust me, the office of student affairs tells me everyday that they are making calls:luck:

Hi all,
I got the call today. I was called off the waitlist and I accepted. I received the call around 4:30. :soexcited:

Good Luck to all the calls are coming :luck:

congrats!!!! I jux hope i get the call soon...Ive been stressing out about it....

Thanks guys
I was driving my family nuts. So they are happy as well for that one reason. I understand the stressing out part. I decided last week that I was going to take one day at time. I wasn't even stressed today and missed the call when they intially called the first time. My best advice one day at a time and try not to run your family and friends nuts. My brother and sister said they were really close to disowning me. :laugh:

Congrats!!!
im still anxiously waiting! =(
Did they call your home phone or cell??

Congrats!!!!! That's great!!!!
I hope the rest of us all here something soon!!!!!! :xf:

i just hope i get the call because i know all this stress is so unhealthy... i stalk this forum like every 5 min to see any updates.....:scared:

Congrats!!!
im still anxiously waiting! =(
Did they call your home phone or cell??

They called my cell phone. I believe I listed it as my daytime phone on the supplemental application

And to add I got a 57 composite on the PCAT back in January but didn't send it to them. Is there a way to get that score sent to them, and do you think it's good enough?

You scored better than the average student did that took the exam, that is why schools want students that score greater than 50th Percentile. The thing with the PCAT is it is just one piece of information about a particular student. It doesn't guarantee how you will perform in school. As long as you have a good GPA, enough volunteer experience, do some shadowing opportunities and speak intelligently about the profession they will overlook the PCAT score.

Maybe this week will bring some good news. :xf: Man I want this SO bad!!!! :D

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!! I'm sooo happy! I got the call around 5 oclock today! :):):)Good luck to all those who are still waiting!

Hey guys,

I just checked with the office of student affairs today after class, about people on the waitlist, and GREAT NEWS!!!......*Drum roll please*

THEY ARE MAKIN CALLS ON THE LIST... So this thread should be bumpin up to the top with people getting their acceptances soon ;).... IM ROOTING FOR YOU GUYS!!! :luck: GOOD LUCK!:xf:

i hope i get the call... ive been feeling really down lately. I want this so bad.... good luck to those who got the call im happy for you!

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!! I'm sooo happy! I got the call around 5 oclock today! :):):)Good luck to all those who are still waiting!

Congrats!!! I hope I hear something soon!! This wait is killer!!!!!!

Been quiet. Decided to bump it. I wonder if there are any spots left? :scared::scared:

I'm getting nervous. I think I'm going to call them soon.

Hey everyone,

talked to ms. hernandez and she said they have a full class size as of now. She said to remain hopeful though because some people will call and ask to be taken off. Just thought I would let yall know.

...kinda bummed. :(

Hello Class of 2013!

Congrats on getting in! I have a few P1 books for sale. If you are interested, please email me at [email protected].

- Essential Biochemistry (For Biochem class) - I bought it used so it already had some highlighting in it. Asking $40 for it.
- Vander's Human Physiology (For A&P I and II) - like new condition, some highlighting. Asking $75.

Thanks!
Hope to see you all in August!

Hey everyone,

talked to ms. hernandez and she said they have a full class size as of now. She said to remain hopeful though because some people will call and ask to be taken off. Just thought I would let yall know.

...kinda bummed. :(

i changed my mind at the last minute and decided to go to another school...have declined my spot, another spot open...hope u get in!

i changed my mind at the last minute and decided to go to another school...have declined my spot, another spot open...hope u get in!

I appreciate the info. I havnt given up hope just yet. Thanks again. Good luck on your pharmacy journey.

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST GOT THE CALL LIKE 15mins ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST GOT THE CALL LIKE 15mins ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U know what I don't even know you but I was secretly hoping that u wud get in. Congrats...am happy for you. I am thinkin about applying there next year:D

Congrats!!!!!!!! i was hoping you would get in too!!!!! See you in the fall =)

Thanks Everyone!!!! I'm stoked!!!!! :D I'll see yall in two weeks!!!!! I have SO much to do in so little time!!! It's worth it though!!!!

Woo hoo!!!! Congratulations I've been checking the forum all summer hoping you would get in. See you in the fall.

labshot.jpg

Wow.

Hey Everyone,

I just got my packet this morning and had a question about the laptop. I have a MacBook and am happy with it, however I am worried, because it is not the recommended Dell. Do yall think my MacBook will sufficent?

Does anyone in the other classes have a MacBook?

Thanks!!

Could some of you guys give me an idea of what your stats were? gpa, pcat, etc.

and what was the interview process like for you?

Thanks!

I was reading that e-mail from Ms. Hernandez and it states that the laptop program is mandatory. Do we have to order the laptop? Little nervous since it says the deadline is tomorrow.

Hey guys,

Why dont you start up a new UIW 2010 Thread. You might get more feedback from people that might be applying for next year.