University of the Pacific - 2012 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my friend got also his rejection letter today (w/out an interview)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep. Also received a rejection letter. Until next year I guess.

I interviewed on the 24th of February. Just got an email of acceptance yesterday on the 29th of February!

Wow at this whole ordeal. One word of advice for anyone; never procrastinate the applications!!! For every application, I turned them in at the last minute (literary - the UCSF supplemental website was going bananas and I almost did not submit it in time.) and as a result my lifespan has shortened quite a bit. I had four interviews fall on the 25th of Feburary and I only had the luxury of choosing to go to one of them! I was pretty much at the lowest point in my life the past week...because I did not feel well about the interview on the 25th. Now I can just rest and not have to turn in applications tomorrow...and wait to hear from the schools I have already interviewed at.

As for the interview on the 24th, the staff mentioned that they put quite a few people on hold so that they could offer spots for the people that are interviewing at later dates. From my talks with the staff, they are holding a few more interview until the end of March, in which they will start taking people off the hold list depending on how people are responding to UCSF and UCSD releasing their acceptance of students. USC is carefully doing so too, as the admissions director directly mentioned that he did not want a fiasco like he had a few years ago with a larger than normal class size. So do not give up! Many spots will be opening from the end of March all the way to June, and even some right before school starts. (I had a friend picked up at UoP three days before class started a few years ago.) Concentrate on finishing the year strong!

i'm wondering.. I always hear people saying that they got accepted two or three days before the school started, how do they have time to get all the immunization and stuff ready on time then?

Has anyone that interviewed on the 24th gotten rejection letters yet?

uop is a bit curious... they definitely don't place the most emphasis on academics/gpa. not that gpa is everything, but i'm just saying 8)

Got a rejection letter today. Was expecting it since I turned my application in pretty late.
Luckily I've been accepted elsewhere or it would've been a really sad weekend. :rolleyes: Good luck to everyone who was accepted here! :)

I'm also waiting on news from them, submitted 3rd tier so I guess I shouldn't expect any good news.

Congrats to those who've been accepted, and hopefully more of you will be too! I was wondering if there are any gals looking for a roommate?? I'm from LA and I don't know anyone in the area, PM me please, thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else Interviewing tomorrow? March 9th???

Tomorrow I have an interview so i can drop anyone to Sacramento airport after interview by my car. I live close to airport so just want to help other.

I checked with Uop staff and they said this was last late. So no more interviews.

when? cuz my friend and I both call last week and the advisor told him till late march since he didnt get deferred nor rejected.

Cant believe they have to make up lame lies or excuses to just get you off the phone or something.
I rather they just say no more interview so that me and my friend doesn't have any false hopes.

Has anyone heard anything positive or negative this week? anything at all?
I'd like to know if the school is sending out correspondence this week

Has anyone that interviewed on the 24th gotten rejection letters yet?

I was put on hold a week after my interview ... now waiting to see if i am on the waiting list or totally rejected :/

Once you have been accepted and chosen the school you will be attending please submit your name and school to the following link, It is an Official Roll Call Thread. Also add any other school(s) you were accepted to. Think this is a great thread, it gives everyone a chance to see who their future classmates might be.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

that was what i was told too on my interview date..

03/09/12 was the last interview date for "transfer" students, aka people who are not part of UOP's pre-pharmacy advantage program. The remaining interview dates will only be for UOP pre-pharms.

I wanna know already about their decisions...but i'm also nervous as to what decision they made. Therefore...do I wanna know? :\ Conundrum.

ACCEPTED!!!! :soexcited: Wish everyone else best of luck!

Got the E-mail this morning!! Here we come Class Of 2015!! (got accepted off the waiting list)

Has anyone whose application has been put on hold heard anything back yet?

Hello everyone! I need your help in gathering some information and impressions. If you have time, please reply to this post. I've been accepted to Touro University and University of the Pacific. I know picking a pharmacy school to launch my career is a pretty major thing and want to make sure I'm thinking through everything. I've listed some pros and cons for each school and was wondering if you all think I need to consider anything else that's not on my list. I'd love to hear your viewpoint!

University of Pacific
PROS: old school with established reputation and connections, nice faculty, great student organizations, PharmD in 3 years, PharmD/MBA dual degree in 4 years

CONS: large class size of 200 students

Touro University
PROS: new school with innovative curriculum (triple jump exams, 2 years of rotations, block system), nice faculty, great student organizations, small class size of 100 students, PharmD/MPH dual degree in 4 years

CONS: new school that's not as established

Since I got accepted to Touro first, I've already paid my 2000 deposit and planned for housing. I've had my mind set on going to Touro for a while, but I just want to make sure I'm also giving UOP a thorough chance. What do you think?

Just got pulled off the waitlist for UOP!!! Class of 2015 woohooo!!!!:love::laugh:

Just got pulled off the waitlist for UOP!!! Class of 2015 woohooo!!!!:love::laugh:

Were you wait listed? Or was your application placed on hold after you interview? I am on hold and waiting... so i am dying! thanks!

Were you wait listed? Or was your application placed on hold after you interview? I am on hold and waiting... so i am dying! thanks!

I think she meant the "on hold" list after the interview. The waitlist is going to come after they accepted their class. when students drop, then they are going to pull students off the waitlist. I was on hold too after my interview in nov and got the acceptance email today. But i will not be attending UOP and withdrawing my application. So good luck, hope you get my spot!

I think she meant the "on hold" list after the interview. The waitlist is going to come after they accepted their class. when students drop, then they are going to pull students off the waitlist. I was on hold too after my interview in nov and got the acceptance email today. But i will not be attending UOP and withdrawing my application. So good luck, hope you get my spot!

Thanks for the info! And thanks for being considerate and telling UOP earlier than later so the rest of us can have a chance :)