University of Toronto Pharmacy Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe only the international students get until July 15th...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
^congrats man! May i ask what your stats were?

Last edited:
Congrats to all who made it! I have a question for people who got accepted: How many of you guys got accepted with a score of 3 in the PCAT essay? (new essay marking scheme is 1-6) I have a feeling that most people who got accepted got 4+ on the essay. Thank you for reading!

Congrats to all who made it! I have a question for people who got accepted: How many of you guys got accepted with a score of 3 in the PCAT essay? (new essay marking scheme is 1-6) I have a feeling that most people who got accepted got 4+ on the essay. Thank you for reading!

I got accepted with a score of 3.5 but I did well on the verbal and R/C portions of the PCAT so I believe that helped.

Thank you for the replies. So apparently this year's uoft admissions had 3 as a cutoff mark for essays. I know that for final admissions review they consider your PCAT percentile score, but do they also take into factor your writing score?

I was wondering if the admissions commitee mentioned any word about this during the interview orientation a few months ago. Also I'm unsure of the weighing factors for final admission. Can anyone provide some insight? Thanks!

Hey everyone. I just had a quick question about applying to UofT. If we're using grade 12 credits for English or Physics, how would we get them to send the transcript to UofT. Would we just give them our OEN and they'd verify we had the proper credits? I'll also be taking a course through ILC, and I'm not sure if they'll be able to send a transcript to UofT for me. Thanks for any help.

Hey everyone. I just had a quick question about applying to UofT. If we're using grade 12 credits for English or Physics, how would we get them to send the transcript to UofT. Would we just give them our OEN and they'd verify we had the proper credits? I'll also be taking a course through ILC, and I'm not sure if they'll be able to send a transcript to UofT for me. Thanks for any help.

Thats a good question. Did you guys have to hand in on official high school transcript, or did someone do this differently?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats a good question. Did you guys have to hand in on official high school transcript, or did someone do this differently?

I went back to my high school and picked up the transcript personally, and went to UT to drop off the transcript personally.

I had a score of 3 for the essay and my RC+VA score was also pretty low but I still got accepted, so I'm guessing I did well on the MMI :p

I'm waitlisted upper half and I haven't heard anything yet? Did anyone hear anything?

Got the offer and still feel like I'm on Cloud 9! :D

Last edited:
I got off the waitlist this past Friday, and was in the upper half!

Congrats!

I was also in the upper-half of the wait list and got the offer on July 5th! Still feel like I'm on Cloud 9! :D

You`re not the only one, my friend. I love saying "Doctor of Pharmacy"

Also, to those still on the waitlist, don't lose hope! There might be more people today or tomorrow coming off the waitlist. This is because the people taken off the waitlist on Friday had a deadline to respond by today about whether or not they will accept the offer.

I have not yet been accepted into the facebook page, class of 2017. I am not sure why they aren't adding me into the group. I have requested twice now. Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:

I did my grade 11 and 12 physics at ILC. I went to the ILC office and asked to send the transcript to this address:

Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy Admissions Office
Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy
University of Toronto
144 College Street
Toronto, Ontario
M5S 3M2

Afterwards, I waited about a week or two and emailed the admissions officer and asked them if they received it.

Thank you for the replies. So apparently this year's uoft admissions had 3 as a cutoff mark for essays. I know that for final admissions review they consider your PCAT percentile score, but do they also take into factor your writing score?

I was wondering if the admissions commitee mentioned any word about this during the interview orientation a few months ago. Also I'm unsure of the weighing factors for final admission. Can anyone provide some insight? Thanks!
They don't tell us what the weights are for average/PCAT/MMI. I'm pretty sure if you're weak in one category, you can redeem yourself with another, but seeing as we don't know what exactly they look for, we just had to do our best to be well rounded. Even if we did know how important each category was, we don't know exactly what our interview scores were (we can only guess how many interviews went well) so it's pointless trying to figure out their formula.

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist since July 5th? I'm in the upper half of the waitlist and getting nervous that I haven't heard anything yet

Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist since July 5th? I'm in the upper half of the waitlist and getting nervous that I haven't heard anything yet

I am also within the upper half of the WL and haven't heard anything. Sigh.

Does anyone know if it's still possible to get an interview if you don't meet one of the minimum requirements?

I got a 3.3gpa, and 89% composite on my PCAT, but my reading comprehension was 18%. The minimum on their site says 20% and I'm a bit worried if they automatically filter anyone who doesn't meet one of their requirements.

Does anyone know if it's still possible to get an interview if you don't meet one of the minimum requirements?

I got a 3.3gpa, and 89% composite on my PCAT, but my reading comprehension was 18%. The minimum on their site says 20% and I'm a bit worried if they automatically filter anyone who doesn't meet one of their requirements.

They do automatically filter out anyone that doesn't meet the PCAT requirements. They use this as a first admission step before handing out interviews.

My advice would be to re-write the PCAT in September or October, bump up that RC score and then apply with that. Judging by your stats you definitely have a decent shot at admission if you bring up that reading score.

Hey everyone. I just had a few questions about the PCAT score. If my composite is alright, but my essay mark does not meet the minimum, will I not receive an interview invitation?

Hey everyone. I just had a few questions about the PCAT score. If my composite is alright, but my essay mark does not meet the minimum, will I not receive an interview invitation?

From what I've heard, and from personal experience, the PCAT minimums are used as a first stage cut off. Anyone who meets the minimums is given the opportunity to go through the MMI. That doesn't necessarily mean that everyone who doesn't meet the minimums get rejected but from what I've heard they do enforce those minimums.

Thanks for your reply Apedicelli :). Now I'm really, really worried :'(. I don't feel like I wrote a good essay. Does anyone know what UofT's new minimum for writing is? I think it still shows the writing score as two separate scores instead of one. Thanks for any help :D.

Thanks for your reply Apedicelli :). Now I'm really, really worried :'(. I don't feel like I wrote a good essay. Does anyone know what UofT's new minimum for writing is? I think it still shows the writing score as two separate scores instead of one. Thanks for any help :D.

Email the admissions office, they'll be able to tell you the new cut offs. They'll also tell you if it's an immediate rejection if you don't meet one criteria.

Is any upper year students selling textbooks? I am looking to buy used ones!

Thanks! Well the admissions office called and asked if I was still interested in the program because there is a spot available. So I told her right there that I would like to take the spot. But she said that I need to send back the signed offer of admission no later than tomorrow night. Keep hanging in there! I'm sure there will be more spots that open up soon :)

Thanks! Well the admissions office called and asked if I was still interested in the program because there is a spot available. So I told her right there that I would like to take the spot. But she said that I need to send back the signed offer of admission no later than tomorrow night. Keep hanging in there! I'm sure there will be more spots that open up soon :)

Thanks for telling me this! Best of luck!

Congrats, I guess one person changed their mind and had to opt out, so you were next on the list. I'm hoping more people come off the waitlist (because one of my friends is still on it).

Congrats! I actually got off the waitlist on Monday! So there seems to be some movement happening. Good luck to all those waiting, chances are still very good, although I know it's nerve racking.

Congrats! I actually got off the waitlist on Monday! So there seems to be some movement happening. Good luck to all those waiting, chances are still very good, although I know it's nerve racking.

Congrats on getting off the waitlist! Hopefully everyone else on the forum will be able to get into pharm as well.

I just had a question about the application process. I know that the cGPA, PCAT, and interview are used determine if you'll be accepted, but is there another portion that I'm missing? Is there a supplementary application where we have to answer questions about ourselves and write an essay or two? I looked on the UofT webpage, but the new application form has not been released yet. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks so much! I don't believe there is a supplementary app, I just filled out the normal one with transcript info etc.

Congrats on getting off the waitlist! Hopefully everyone else on the forum will be able to get into pharm as well.

I just had a question about the application process. I know that the cGPA, PCAT, and interview are used determine if you'll be accepted, but is there another portion that I'm missing? Is there a supplementary application where we have to answer questions about ourselves and write an essay or two? I looked on the UofT webpage, but the new application form has not been released yet. Any help would be appreciated!

There is no supplemental application. You're not required to write a personal statement or essay or anything of the sort.

The interviews are handed out based on meeting the PCAT minimums and the final admission decisions are based on a combination of PCAT, GPA and the MMI.

When is the payment deadline for those who are accepted?

Hi everyone, congrats on acceptances. I have a quick question for ones that got in: with regards to your academic requirements, did anyone who got in take some courses at one university and other required courses at other universities? So for example, let's say you took Organic chemistry I at U of T and then took Organic Chemistry 2 at Western; did you get accepted? I'm asking because I've heard from the admissions officer that it's a disadvantage on your application if you took one half of a required course at a different university (for overlapping/course differences) reasons. So now, I'm nervous! Because I am taking the second half of a few courses at a different university than my original one!

Let me know everyone! Best of luck.

Hi everyone, congrats on acceptances. I have a quick question for ones that got in: with regards to your academic requirements, did anyone who got in take some courses at one university and other required courses at other universities? So for example, let's say you took Organic chemistry I at U of T and then took Organic Chemistry 2 at Western; did you get accepted? I'm asking because I've heard from the admissions officer that it's a disadvantage on your application if you took one half of a required course at a different university (for overlapping/course differences) reasons. So now, I'm nervous! Because I am taking the second half of a few courses at a different university than my original one!

Let me know everyone! Best of luck.
I just got accepted and met a fellow 1T7 at the CPR/First Aid Training who had the same situation as you. He was at Waterloo for his 1st year, and took the other prerequisites at another university in his 2nd and 3rd year. Despite the transfer from one uni to another, he still got accepted.

Wish you all the best!

Last edited:
I'm in the same situation; I got accepted right away even though I took organic I at my home university and organic II at an online university (Athabasca U). Even though they recommend taking the two courses at the same university, it shouldn't be a deciding factor.

hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has been accepted from the waitlist lately
and for those that already have, would you mind sharing your stats with us??

ACCEPTED! Long time lurker, first time poster:

PCAT: 75th percentile :eek:
gpa: ~3.15 :eek:
Interview: Felt like I did well in 10/10 stations.

My stats are abysmal. I did not expect to get into UofT since they do not take CV or personal profiles into consideration. I knew if I got an interview I had to nail it, and I guess I did :D For future applicants who read this and wonder if their stats are good enough... well... they most likely are :)
Hey did you end up getting any more info? Can you still get an interview if one of your PCAT components fall below the cutoffs?

Hey did you end up getting any more info? Can you still get an interview if one of your PCAT components fall below the cutoffs?

They won't give you an interview if you don't meet the minimum PCAT cutoffs