University of Toronto?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

au5233

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

has anyone heard from the University of Toronto? I had received an email from them in January saying by the end of February they'd let me know whether or not I was granted an interview...yet tomorrow is the last day of FEB and I've heard nothing. Anyone hear from them?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys,

has anyone heard from the University of Toronto? I had received an email from them in January saying by the end of February they'd let me know whether or not I was granted an interview...yet tomorrow is the last day of FEB and I've heard nothing. Anyone hear from them?

last year's mean GPA for UT dental school: 3.91

I entered this thread to see who had the guts to apply to UT...and I'm amazed. you are well qualified. congratulations and best of luck with UT Dent!!

I applied - my gpa is nowhere near 3.91 but who cares - if they call they call

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview and my GPA is nowhere near what their average was last year. I got an interview there last year as well. I guess they need some cannon fodder:boom:

As much as I would love to stay in Toronto, I didn't bother applying - no chance.

As much as I would love to stay in Toronto, I didn't bother applying - no chance.

Same.:D

UofT is great, but it is just too competitive! To be honest, my undergrad experience at UofT hasn't been the greatest, either.:(

Yeah, I probably won't go to the interview anyways. I still have a few days to decide. Their main clinic felt like a factory when I went last year. With the high ceilings and industrial sized halogen lamps :D

Yeah, I probably won't go to the interview anyways. I still have a few days to decide. Their main clinic felt like a factory when I went last year. With the high ceilings and industrial sized halogen lamps :D

They definitely do not have the nicest (or newest) facilities, and like tamkhan said, undergrad was probably not the best experience, but I trust that they have an excellent program and I'd love to stay in Toronto.

Maybe I can hope to return for my residency, or for a specialty.

If UofT dent is anything like the undergrad experience, to hell with it.
imagine what kind of ppl you'd be with if everyone had a 3.9x. probably not fun.

Congrats to those who received an interview offer today!

I'm a little pissed that last year's stats needed for an interview was much higher than this year's.
This year, the average interviewees had 3.82 GPA and 20AA. Compare that to last year's 3.88GPA and 21AA! Sigh, I sort of regret not applying this year... :(
Oh well, I'm still happy to say good bye to my brutal undergrad years at U of T.

got my rejection today! .... and no, my stats were not even close to the 3.8ish req'd

Yea - I got my rejection letter too - $230 right down the drain

Yea - I got my rejection letter too - $230 right down the drain

hurts doesn't it?

did you apply to the states?

Members don't see this ad :)
yea - i was suppose to have an interview at NYU today but I did not go. I am already accepted to howard

yea - i was suppose to have an interview at NYU today but I did not go. I am already accepted to howard

ohh nice! you from Ontario?

How early did you apply etc? I think I might have to re-apply b/c I didnt submit till november

Bah got rejected. I'm from Alberta and had nowhere near 3.82. There's always next year...

I got like 3.3, and AA 21, twenties everywhere else except perceptual ability where i gt 16

I actually love U of T and i am proud to be a U of T student but the only thing i regret right now is i could have done better by working my butt off like i am right now...

I got an interview and my GPA is nowhere near what their average was last year. I got an interview there last year as well. I guess they need some cannon fodder:boom:

LOL- Microserfs was a sweet book.

does anyone know what the interview session is like, or what to expect/how to prepare?

i think they have a list of questions and scenario's that they ask each candidate

where can we find these interview questions and scenerios, this the first time im getting interviewed and I have no idea what to expect

For anyone that needs help on the interview process look into www.eliteinterview.com

The girl teaching it is really good and its a good course to take. I know a lot of the first year students at UofT are from that course.

Hope that helps

If you have any questions send me a private message

I think that the email address for the course is [email protected]

Check it out

Cheers :)

Oh and if you have any questions once you get it :) Dont hesitate to contact me I'll help if I can...