University of Utah 2017/18 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

utahpt1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else is applying to the UofU this cycle?? I just got their email said that interview invites will be sent out no later than the 2nd week of December. Anyone have any insight on last years interviews or what they have thought of the school?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Who else is applying to the UofU this cycle?? I just got their email said that interview invites will be sent out no later than the 2nd week of December. Anyone have any insight on last years interviews or what they have thought of the school?

I applied to U of U for this cycle as well! The last thing I have heard is invites will be sent out the 2nd week of December, but haven't received anything yet. We should hear back sometime this week! Fingers crossed for both of us. Let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same. Good luck!

I applied to U of U for this cycle as well! The last thing I have heard is invites will be sent out the 2nd week of December, but haven't received anything yet. We should hear back sometime this week! Fingers crossed for both of us. Let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same. Good luck!
Yep! Fingers crossed for you as well. Hoping for some good news within the next couple of days! Is it your top choice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep! Fingers crossed for you as well. Hoping for some good news within the next couple of days! Is it your top choice?

It is my top choice. Also applied to Chapman, NAU, CS Sacramento, CS Long Beach, UNLV, and University of Washington. Have an interview at NAU, haven't heard back from anyone else as of yet.

It is my top choice. Also applied to Chapman, NAU, CS Sacramento, CS Long Beach, UNLV, and University of Washington. Have an interview at NAU, haven't heard back from anyone else as of yet.
Awesome, it's my top choice as well. Are you a Utah resident? I applied to Touro Nevada, Rosalind Franklin, Nova Southeastern, EWU, NAU, and University of Montana.

Got accepted to Touro, and had an interview at Rosalind. Still waiting on the rest!

Awesome, it's my top choice as well. Are you a Utah resident? I applied to Touro Nevada, Rosalind Franklin, Nova Southeastern, EWU, NAU, and University of Montana.

Got accepted to Touro, and had an interview at Rosalind. Still waiting on the rest!

I am unsure of exactly what my residency status is at the moment. I am originally from Utah and claim it as my state of residence, but by the schools standards I am not a resident since I have not been there consecutively for over a year. The University of Utah told me I would be enrolled as a resident student if I get in because I have been enrolled there before (1 semester), but I applied as an out-of-state student because that's what the advisor told me to do. I believe I am being considered out-of-state until official acceptance.

Awesome job getting an acceptance and interview! I hope you get Utah as well since it is your top choice.

Hey guys! I applied as well and have not heard anything except for that mid November email like utahpt1! I checked the 2016 Utah feed from last year and a person got an invitation for an interview on 12/14/16, a Wednesday. All this waiting has been making me anxious! I'll let you both know if I hear anything as well.

Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I applied as well and have not heard anything except for that mid November email like utahpt1! I checked the 2016 Utah feed from last year and a person got an invitation for an interview on 12/14/16, a Wednesday. All this waiting has been making me anxious! I'll let you both know if I hear anything as well.

Good luck!!

Awesome! Good to know, thanks for the information. Waiting is the worst, but definitely less anxious knowing that I'm not the only person that hasn't heard anything.

Awesome! Good to know, thanks for the information. Waiting is the worst, but definitely less anxious knowing that I'm not the only person that hasn't heard anything.
I also applied for University of Utah, and it is definitely my top choice! I can't stop checking my email haha. Good luck to everyone! :)

Just opened my email and got super excited when I saw an email from the University of Utah.... It was just an email telling me that an official transcript that I ordered for another school was sent lol.

Still nothing... got me all stressed!

You guys heard anything yet?

Just opened my email and got super excited when I saw an email from the University of Utah.... It was just an email telling me that an official transcript that I ordered for another school was sent lol.

Still nothing... got me all stressed!

You guys heard anything yet?

Nothing yet :scared:.

Nothing yet. I spent more time checking my email today than studying for my 2 finals tomorrow morning :laugh:

Nothing yet. I spent more time checking my email today than studying for my 2 finals tomorrow morning :laugh:

I believe it. Been checking every 15 minutes, luckily I am done with finals. Good luck with your tests tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
None :meh:! Tomorrow is the day! (hopefully...maybe...)

Guys....This is killing me lol

Guys....This is killing me lol

I'm so stressed out. All I can think about. Reviewing my stats compared to others that got interviews last year makes me confident, but the fact we haven't heard yet gives me anxiety. Still plenty of day left, hope we hear something today!

I'm so stressed out. All I can think about. Reviewing my stats compared to others that got interviews last year makes me confident, but the fact we haven't heard yet gives me anxiety. Still plenty of day left, hope we hear something today!
literal torture.

I didn't even apply to Utah and this thread is giving me anxiety :barf:

Reactions: 4 users
Pretty odd... Haha might have another weekend of waiting ahead of us...

I still haven’t heard either....

CSU Sacramento emails today and NAU sent out emails Wednesday. Hopefully we hear something soon :(

Sooo maybe when they said no later than the second week of December it didn't mean only business days? ‍♀️

I still haven’t heard either....

CSU Sacramento emails today and NAU sent out emails Wednesday. Hopefully we hear something soon :(

Hopefully it doesn't mean only business days and/or they are just running a little behind what they planned.

Mookie, you get interviews for both Sac and NAU? I feel like they are just as competitive as Utah from what I've heard. So I'm hoping it's good news getting interviews at both of them.

Good luck everyone! If we all hope hard enough, we'll hear back tomorrow or Monday.

Hopefully it doesn't mean only business days and/or they are just running a little behind what they planned.

Mookie, you get interviews for both Sac and NAU? I feel like they are just as competitive as Utah from what I've heard. So I'm hoping it's good news getting interviews at both of them.

Good luck everyone! If we all hope hard enough, we'll hear back tomorrow or Monday.

No unfortunately I didn’t get in. I knew these two were competitive so it wasn’t a huge surprise but still bummed. I didn’t know Utah was as competitive too. I’ve only been in California my entire life so I’m looking for change in out of state schools.

Although I’ve heard from other friends that their schools are behind on replies back too...

No unfortunately I didn’t get in. I knew these two were competitive so it wasn’t a huge surprise but still bummed. I didn’t know Utah was as competitive too. I’ve only been in California my entire life so I’m looking for change in out of state schools.

Although I’ve heard from other friends that their schools are behind on replies back too...
My friend works for NAU and she found out from someone in the DPT department that for out of state students, if you didn't have at least a 3.7 GPA AND a combined score of 311 on the GRE they didn't even consider you. They just took my money and ran... ‍♀️

My friend works for NAU and she found out from someone in the DPT department that for out of state students, if you didn't have at least a 3.7 GPA AND a combined score of 311 on the GRE they didn't even consider you. They just took my money and ran... ‍♀️
That’s weird considering out of state pays more... oh well hopefully my other choices work out *crossing fingers

Anyone hear anything today?? I’m so stressed over this.

Anyone hear anything today?? I’m so stressed over this.
I got an interview invite just now! So, they're probably trickling in one by one. Good luck to everyone, hang in there!

I still haven't heard anything yet either way. JDPT and gradwannabe, do you two mind posting your stats so I can tell if I should be worried or if I can stop stressing? :laugh:

Oh gosh yeah, I haven't heard either :(

I got an interview invite around 5:15 pm tonight!

I still haven't heard anything yet either way. JDPT and gradwannabe, do you two mind posting your stats so I can tell if I should be worried or if I can stop stressing? :laugh:

: Biology Major (concentration in pre-physical therapy)
Cum GPA: 3.67
pre-req GPA: 3.88
science GPA: 3.41
GRE: 149 Q, 150 V, 4.0 W
Observation hours: 105 total
LOR: 2 PT's, 1 employer, 1 professor

compared to some stats I've seen I'd say mine are pretty average, but I'm a UT resident so idk if that played in my favor or not. Also not sure how heavily they weighed the supplemental essay. Good luck to the rest of you waiting to hear back!!

Last edited:
I'm going to chalk this up as a rejection lol Has anyone at least gotten a rejection email? I tried checking my "AppyYourself" account, but I have nothing.

I'm going to chalk this up as a rejection lol Has anyone at least gotten a rejection email? I tried checking my "AppyYourself" account, but I have nothing.
Not even a rejection email. I hope they send at least that

Yeah, if you're curious. Just because you asked, not trying to compare or flaunt or anything like that.

Spanish major
Overall GPA: 3.91
Science GPA: 3.73
GRE: 155 verbal+ 158 quantitative = 313 cumulative with 5.0 writing

I had like 1100+ observation hours because I've been a tech for 3 years and did an internship as well.
I had a lot of volunteer hours in random things too.
My letters of rec came from 2 PTs, 1 teacher, and 1 supervisor at one of my jobs.
I'm also currently a Utah resident--they say on their website I believe that they don't have preference for in vs. out of state, but who knows.

I hope the invites are still trickling in and that they would be nice enough to send a rejection letter. Let me know if I can help with anything else! Good luck!

Have any of you heard from UNLV yet?
ahhh no not yet! I am hoping they email by the end of this week! I have heard that they are super GRE and GPA heavy when looking at applicants... anyone have any insight on this?

ahhh no not yet! I am hoping they email by the end of this week! I have heard that they are super GRE and GPA heavy when looking at applicants... anyone have any insight on this?
Okay, I'm glad it's not just me. I wonder how much longer it will take though O_O I am trying to get all my travel arranged for that month. I know it is a competitive program to get into...

Okay, I'm glad it's not just me. I wonder how much longer it will take though O_O I am trying to get all my travel arranged for that month. I know it is a competitive program to get into...
same here! getting flights with a month or less of notice is rough.

Last edited:
Decisions are coming out. I got rejected :(, pretty bummed out!

Decisions are coming out. I got rejected :(, pretty bummed out!
For which school?
I’m so sorry to hear that. I know it’s very heartbreaking to receive a rejection. I’ve collected one myself so far, and I’m sure it won’t be my last.

Try to keep your chin up. Good things will come, and happy days are still ahead.