University of Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lefty

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen the University of Utah's anesthesiology program mentioned in many threads. Has anyone interviewed there or know anything about their program? I understand they get a large number of trauma patients since they are one of the main university based hospitals in that surrounding region. Any input?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

No comments anyone? Someone had to have interviewed here or at least been partially interested...

I've heard that they have an excellent program, with a very strong chairman. I've heard this from a few sources.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed there and thought the program was very strong. Great chairman (Dr. Cahallan) who is very forward looking and big into TEE. In my opinion, this is an under recognized program and definitely worth looking into.
Finally, in contrast to some other state universities, Utah is well funded and it shows.

I interviewed there in Dec 2003. It is a very strong program and when I told them of all the west coast schools I was checking out they said that the only other programs equal or better than them are UCSF, Stanford, UCLA & U Wash. I think I agreed with them. It seemed a lot of their faculty were from UCSF or Duke. Their chairman is awsome. I had to be in Cali but it & U Wash were the only ones out of state I considered.