• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Lefty

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Virginia
Status (Visible)
I haven't seen the University of Utah's anesthesiology program mentioned in many threads. Has anyone interviewed there or know anything about their program? I understand they get a large number of trauma patients since they are one of the main university based hospitals in that surrounding region. Any input?

Thanks

Lefty

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Virginia
Status (Visible)
No comments anyone? Someone had to have interviewed here or at least been partially interested...

beezar

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2002
Status (Visible)
I've heard that they have an excellent program, with a very strong chairman. I've heard this from a few sources.

About the Ads

agator

15+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2003
Status (Visible)
I interviewed there and thought the program was very strong. Great chairman (Dr. Cahallan) who is very forward looking and big into TEE. In my opinion, this is an under recognized program and definitely worth looking into.
Finally, in contrast to some other state universities, Utah is well funded and it shows.

stingray

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2003
Status (Visible)
I interviewed there in Dec 2003. It is a very strong program and when I told them of all the west coast schools I was checking out they said that the only other programs equal or better than them are UCSF, Stanford, UCLA & U Wash. I think I agreed with them. It seemed a lot of their faculty were from UCSF or Duke. Their chairman is awsome. I had to be in Cali but it & U Wash were the only ones out of state I considered.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.