University of Vermont--Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thundercat77

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello....I was recently placed on the wait-list at the University of Vermont--College of Medicine.

Does anybody have any advice or been in a similar predicament?

Thank you for your comments and time.

Members don't see this ad.

Do a search in pre-allo. I wrote up a blurb about how the waitlist at UVM works. If you can't find it, PM me.

Hi thundercat. :) You can call up to find out what tier you are in (there are 3). Usually the 1st tier gets in and half of the 2nd tier does too. Last year there was even more movement and they took some students from the 3rd tier. I think most movement will occur after May 15th b/c they might be waiting to see how many Vermont/Maine residents they can get.

I wish you the best of luck! I'm expecting my post-interview letter any day now, and I will most likely withdraw if accepted. There's a spot for you :)

good luck

p.s. Thanks to altaskier, he taught me everything I know about this and I was the most prepared interviewee that day. :D It's a shame the search function is down, b/c he wrote up lots of great posts about this.

Editing: I was just waitlisted today, April 25th. They said I can call after May 1st to find out my position.