university of washington acceptances/rejections?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kren

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anybody know if people are still receiving interview invitation letters? has anybody received a rejection letter yet? haven't heard anything yet... just wondering what's going on out there. any acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by kren
does anybody know if people are still receiving interview invitation letters? has anybody received a rejection letter yet? haven't heard anything yet... just wondering what's going on out there.

Yeah there are still interview invitation letters being sent out. A friend of a friend recently received his and his interview is in mid-April. As for rejection letters, one of my friends got her rejection letter earlier this week without an interview. The letter indicated that her GPA was not competitive enough (her overall is close to a 3.0).

(For those who have had an interview with the UW, a few lucky individuals have already received their acceptance lettes... so yes they have already started sending out acceptance letters)

The UW SOP has had a long reputation of sending out early acceptance letters to out-of-state candidates. They're starting to accept more out-of-state candidates recently, probably for funding purposes. Most of the primary decisions are done near the end of April, or in actuality the middle of May. This year might take longer considering the competition is higher.

Members don't see this ad :)
crap, i didn't know they had a history of sending early acceptances to out-of-staters (i'm non-wiche). i don't feel too great about my chances at this point. i mean, i know they prolly have a pretty high volume of apps this year...but still, they're class size isn't too big-- consistently ~85-- so the later it becomes...:(

Kren..I wouldn't worry about the early acceptances....I was only referring to the fact that they give early acceptances more to out-of-state candidates rather than instate candidates...However, most of the decisions, both in and out of state, are made at the end of the admissions process....