University of Washington Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone here know what the grading system is like at UW? And is attendance required for lectures? Are lectures available online?
 
Hey everyone, I'm sure the class rep in the class above you will reach out to you soon. If anyone has questions for a third year dental student at UW, you're welcome to message me directly
 
Does anyone here know what the grading system is like at UW? And is attendance required for lectures? Are lectures available online?
Grading system was graded until covid came around. Haven't heard any updates yet, but personally think it'll go back to graded once covid fiasco is over. Lectures are held online. I hope you guys get lectures in person eventually. It's just not the same. Regarding if mandatory or not, can someone from class of 2023 or 2024 chime in?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! When did you submit your application? Do you also know how many interview dates/slots there are?
They reserve the time for you. If you're not available on the date/time, they will put you on wait list for future date.
As for the the date of submission, it was late June. Think it was around June 23rd.
 
Just received an interview invite! I initially received an email in early August that I was likely to be offered an interview invite in the early fall, and it just arrived today!

Interview #2
School: University of Washington
Notification date: 9/24/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/27/2020
Application complete date: 7/30/2020
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.52, 3.13
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR any section below a 17): 22/20/23/29/20/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/10/2020
Method of Interview: Virtual
 
Congrats! me too! Made my day! Interview #1 for me
Just received an interview invite! I initially received an email in early August that I was likely to be offered an interview invite in the early fall, and it just arrived today!

Interview #2
School: University of Washington
Notification date: 9/24/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/27/2020
Application complete date: 7/30/2020
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.52, 3.13
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR any section below a 17): 22/20/23/29/20/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/10/2020
Method of Interview: Virtual

Congrats-Same here! Made my day! Interview #1 for me
 
Interview: #1
School: UW
Notification date: 9/24/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: WA
Application complete date: 08/20
GPA: 3.15 overall, 3.94 informal post bac
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/19/20/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/10/2020
Method of Interview: Virtual
 
Are they still going with the MMI format this year? Also did anyone receive additional details after confirming your invite?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I interviewed as part of UWSOD’s 9/17 interview block, and remember hearing mention from their Director of Admissions and Recruitment, Memory Brock, of a Student Q&A panel. Does anyone have any insight as to when that will take place? Many thanks, and best of luck this cycle!
 
Does anyone know if it'd be a good/bad idea to call them about my application status? UW is my top pick, but I haven't received anything from them other than the "application received" email. Seems like they silently rejected me. 🙁

3.1/2.9 (s)
19 AA, 19 TS, 17 PAT, 19 RC, 21 QR
~500 shadowing, ~200 volunteer, ~1500 working, president of dental club for 2 years
Application received 8/11
WA resident

I was in a similar situation last year with same gpa, higher dat scores (22 TS, 21 AA, 16 PAT) and extracurriculars. I did receive an interview in October, however was later waitlisted. I was told I must retake my DAT and take a few more post bacc classes. I did take the DAT again (24 TS, 22 AA, 20 PAT), and took a few more post bacc classes. This was personally what my situation was and what I did to fix it. I would also recommend setting an appointment with Ms. Memory Brock to see the status of your application and how you can make it stronger.
 
Did anyone that received an interview invite for the 10th not yet get the details for an interview? I got the invite last Thursday and they said to email confirming the date and I haven’t heard Anything back yet. Not sure at what point I should contact them since the interview is coming up this Saturday and I dont yet know what time it will be (or have confirmation).
 
Did anyone that received an interview invite for the 10th not yet get the details for an interview? I got the invite last Thursday and they said to email confirming the date and I haven’t heard Anything back yet. Not sure at what point I should contact them since the interview is coming up this Saturday and I dont yet know what time it will be (or have confirmation).
Same here! I’m waiting it out today to see if I get a response and plan to follow up with another email either later today or early tomorrow morning.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who have interviewed, are the questions on sdn interview feedback similar to the types of questions asked during the interview?