University of Washington Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I was driving so couldn’t post earlier but ended up getting the call around 5pm est, they said the system was glitching so it was taking them a lot time to reach out to everyone. Offered a spot in the RIDE program though, so thankful and happy
That’s so awesome! Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has any in-state applicants who interviewed on 12/12 got accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
No. My status still says invited for interview. Not looking like I got in. Congrats to all those that got calls yesterday.
Same here. It's odd. I feel like I haven't seen many people say they got calls for acceptance.

No. My status still says invited for interview. Not looking like I got in. Congrats to all those that got calls yesterday.
I think that they are still continuing to make calls this week. it seems like they have been having technical issues

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if UW is done sending out acceptances for December?

Members don't see this ad :)
just search for UWSOD 2025. For sure you’ll find it.

Hey do you guys think we aren't going to hear anything now until sometime in January? I thought they said they would be making calls for days after decision day but doesn't it seem like that has changed?

Hey do you guys think we aren't going to hear anything now until sometime in January? I thought they said they would be making calls for days after decision day but doesn't it seem like that has changed?
I contacted them and they said they’re done with offers for now. They won’t make them again until after January 15th

theyre doing Cr/No CR until the pandemic subsides, then they might go back to having a grded system. They havent voted on what theyre doing yet tho

Interview invitation received on Dec 21, 2020.
Interviewed on Jan 5, 2021.
Accepted at 12:07 PM today through a phone call.

I feel very grateful since I am an OOS student with late submission (Oct 27, 2020)

Interviewed on December 12th
Accepted via email at 11:30 p.m. on January 14th.
In-state

Anyone else that interviewed pre-December and hasn’t heard anything? I’m trying hard not to feel bummed out. 🥲

Anyone else that interviewed pre-December and hasn’t heard anything? I’m trying hard not to feel bummed out. 🥲
I’m here with ya! Certainly no need to feel bummed out either. I’d imagine with the influx of students claiming seats, another big wave of offers will come, if not today, then definitely starting tomorrow.

I’m here with ya! Certainly no need to feel bummed out either. I’d imagine with the influx of students claiming seats, another big wave of offers will come, if not today, then definitely starting tomorrow.
Based on the information session I had on Jan 5th, Dr. Coldwell told me the admission process would be extended. They will keep sending out offers until March.

I totally understand the stress of waiting, but I hope you also feel better by knowing the passage above. : )

Good luck!

I also interviewed Pre-December and haven't heard anything. Trying to be patient :)

Interviewed on 12/12
Accepted via email first then phone call
In-state

Feel so grateful!!!

I’m pretty sure UW requires Microbiology II. Does anyone know any school offering it online?

Based on the information session I had on Jan 5th, Dr. Coldwell told me the admission process would be extended. They will keep sending out offers until March.

I totally understand the stress of waiting, but I hope you also feel better by knowing the passage above. : )

Good luck!
Based on the facebook page UWSOD 2025, they have already selected 54 students for class 2025. I believe their class size is 63 which means they will only send offers to 9 more students.

Based on the facebook page UWSOD 2025, they have already selected 54 students for class 2025. I believe their class size is 63 which means they will only send offers to 9 more students.
Can only admitted students join the group? I'm curious to see who's in

Does the group also consist of current UWSOD students? Thanks, just trying to get a sense of the amount of seats claimed thus far!
57 members currently. 3 admins that are current students. Do not have to commit to UW to join, so as of today there are still 9 people left to join the group. Did people get accepted and not join the group? Maybe. But I think there's still spots available. You got this!

Reactions: 2 users
For people who got into more expensive/other schools this cycle, are any of you considering not going and waiting another year to reapply to UW to hopefully get in?

I recently turned down my spot in RIDE, I hope one of you gets it, amazing opportunity

Reactions: 2 users
To the people who got acceptances the most recently (idk when that was probably a week ago or so?) how long were you given to make a decision? Until February 15th?

To the people who got acceptances the most recently (idk when that was probably a week ago or so?) how long were you given to make a decision? Until February 15th?
I was offered an admission on 1/15, and I al required to make andecision by 2/15.

Anyone else “likely to receive an interview” but still hasn’t heard anything yet?... No, just me?

What is Ride?
A program at UW that specializes in training for working in underserved/rural areas. It takes 8 students per year and is characterized mainly by the first year being in Spokane instead of Seattle as well as 2 externships at community health clinics (1 after the first year and 1 in the 4th year that is much longer than the one you would do in the normal UW program).

A program at UW that specializes in training for working in underserved/rural areas. It takes 8 students per year and is characterized mainly by the first year being in Spokane instead of Seattle as well as 2 externships at community health clinics (1 after the first year and 1 in the 4th year that is much longer than the one you would do in the normal UW program).
is there a difference in cost?

is there a difference in cost?
Not a tuition difference but you live in Spokane for the first year so that reduces cost of living. Housing is also paid for while on rotation after the first year and in the last year and the rotations are significantly longer. So no not really but I guess overall you’d spend a little less on housing over the 4 years. It’s not something you can decide to do late in the cycle though, when you’re offered a spot its either for the regular program or RIDE, interest in RIDE is indicated on the application and I believe they also place you in it based on the rest of your app/ expressed interest in working in underserved/rural communities

Not a tuition difference but you live in Spokane for the first year so that reduces cost of living. Housing is also paid for while on rotation after the first year and in the last year and the rotations are significantly longer. So no not really but I guess overall you’d spend a little less on housing over the 4 years. It’s not something you can decide to do late in the cycle though, when you’re offered a spot its either for the regular program or RIDE, interest in RIDE is indicated on the application and I believe they also place you in it based on the rest of your app/ expressed interest in working in underserved/rural communities
When you say rural how small you talking?