University of Washington Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Is UW still sending out interviews? The last email I got was back in early August saying that I would be likely to be offered an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just finished my interview yesterday. This was my first one. It was very chill, but I was so damn nervous.

Is it too late to hear back from them for interview? I turned in my application late Oct 10

Reactions: 1 users
Well, it appears they're still doing pre-dec interviews.
Interview #4
School: University of Washington
Notification date: 11/23/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/4/2020
Application complete date: 9/4/2020
Undergraduate GPA (overall, science): 3.76, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR any section below a 17): 25/25/24/23/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/12/2020
Method of Interview: Virtual

For those who have already interviewed, could you give insight on how you prepare for the interview. Are the questions like MMI questions or more personal? It’s my first interview ever, and I don’t know how to prepare. Thanks!!

did anyone that got the "you are likely to be offered an interview" has NOT received an interview or I am the only one hoping I get an interview?

Reactions: 2 users
did anyone that got the "you are likely to be offered an interview" has NOT received an interview or I am the only one hoping I get an interview?
lol I also have received that email but hasn't gotten any interviews from them

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview was on Dec 12th.
Do I have a chance to be accepted on the 15th?

Status just changed to Check Back on December 15. Noticed at 11:35 PM PST

Probably should just go to bed and wait tomorrow 😂 good luck everyone!

Any updates from anyone? (phone call, email, status changes?)

not sure when we are supposed to know by

Thanks Malacitis, I did not receive that change on my status. I hope that it isn't a bad sign

accepted just now!
Exciting!! Congrats! So that must mean the status change to "check back Dec 15th" happens before the offer is made. They also told us to be patient and that calls will be made all week, so hold tight everyone!

Hello everyone! I am a current D1 here at the University of Washington. First, I just want to say congratulations on making it to this point in the application process. All of you have worked extremely hard getting here and your hard work should not and will not go unnoticed. I just wanted to stop in and let everyone know that this time is one of the most stressful times as you are waiting for emails and phone calls for that acceptance. Just remember to not stress and just hang in there. The staff have to contact a TON of people while also fulfilling daily duties at the UW. I am looking forward to meeting some of you in the near future and good luck. I’m here if any of you need me.

Reactions: 4 users
Hello everyone! I am a current D1 here at the University of Washington. First, I just want to say congratulations on making it to this point in the application process. All of you have worked extremely hard getting here and your hard work should not and will not go unnoticed. I just wanted to stop in and let everyone know that this time is one of the most stressful times as you are waiting for emails and phone calls for that acceptance. Just remember to not stress and just hang in there. The staff have to contact a TON of people while also fulfilling daily duties at the UW. I am looking forward to meeting some of you in the near future and good luck. I’m here if any of you need me.
So calls and emails will continue for the rest of the day (and possibly week)?

Exciting!! Congrats! So that must mean the status change to "check back Dec 15th" happens before the offer is made. They also told us to be patient and that calls will be made all week, so hold tight everyone!
Yes, but also the portal is glitching and they can’t update everyone’s portal to check back on 15th, so you might get it today!

Somehow that makes me feel better😆 and I have my hopes up anyways!

My status is Check back December 15 but haven't heard anything yet

So calls and emails will continue for the rest of the day (and possibly week)?
I’m not entirely sure how The UW changed their acceptance strategy due to covid. For my class some people got accepted as late as 4+ months after the initial acceptance day. While others got accepted on acceptance day. I couldn’t imagine they accept everyone in one day. Some people will decline offers freeing up space for them to offer more people, while some will accept the offer. So to clear your question up, from my personal experience, I would assume they will be making calls all week and following weeks to individuals. Like I said though, I am not 100% on how covid has changed the acceptance strategy, I just do not see how it is possible to accept everyone in 24 hours. Hope that helps.

Anyone out of state who was interviewed Dec. 12 receive any news yet?

Last edited:
I was driving so couldn’t post earlier but ended up getting the call around 5pm est, they said the system was glitching so it was taking them a lot time to reach out to everyone. Offered a spot in the RIDE program though, so thankful and happy