University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cuddlefish78

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting a thread for UW. This is probably my first choice. Just took my pcat and won't be submitting pharmcas until October. Washington resident

Members don't see this ad.

How did you do on the PCAT? I took it back in July but didn't score as high as I wanted (in the 76 percentile) so I am thinking of taking it again, maybe in October.

I got a 93 composite. My reading comp was horrid at 47 but everything else was good. 97 in both bio and chem. 91 in quant.

Members don't see this ad :)
Spots are limited on october so if I was you I wouls register now. With some extra studying you can probably pull that score up.

thanks that's helpful! Where else are you applying?

Washington state, oregon schools, Minnesota, arizona, montana, hawaii.... one in Virginia. .... kind of random. You?

I'm also applying to UW, but I'm applying through early decision and so far no answer yet (decisions are due 10/18 to pharmcas). This is so scary and keeping me on edge every single day :p

My PCAT comp was 88 with 96 on math and 97 on chem. Forgot what was bio and verbal but I got a 30 on reading comp.

I also just sent in my supplemental! I'm a california resident, but I absolutely love the northwest. Good luck to everyone who applied early decision!

Its finally January anyone got an interview invite yet?

Mine is on the 24th as well.
I'm very interested to see how UW's interview day will go compared to WSU's...

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine is on the 24th as well.
I'm very interested to see how UW's interview day will go compared to WSU's...

What time is yours?

Mine is in the afternoon so I will probably arrive at 12 to talk with the pharm students and for the tour.

What time is yours?

Mine is in the afternoon so I will probably arrive at 12 to talk with the pharm students and for the tour.

My interview is in the morning. Morning welcome hour starts at 8:15 and I think the only tour they offer is the one at 12.
In hindsight, I should have chosen an afternoon interview time so I wouldn't have to fight traffic so much since I'm driving up from the south Sound!

Did you guys get interview invitations via email?

Did you guys get interview invitations via email?

Yes. I got the "application being evaluated for prerequisite status" email on December 9th, then my interview invitation email on January 2nd. So, if you've gotten the pre-req email then your interview invitation shouldn't be far behind!

es. I got the "application being evaluated for prerequisite status" email on December 9th, then my interview invitation email on January 2nd. So, if you've gotten the pre-req email then your interview invitation shouldn't be far behind!

I got the application being evaluated email on 11/14 so hopefully I get the invite soon. Thanks for answering my question I will keep an eye out for the email.

For everyone that is waiting for, going to and finished interviews, best of luck.
Does anyone know when will we find out about our admission decision from uw pharmD program after the interview? I assumed it was two weeks at first, but their website said march-april. I was reading the previous year thread, some found out after 2 days, some after 2 weeks.
Thank you.

For everyone that is waiting for, going to and finished interviews, best of luck.
Does anyone know when will we find out about our admission decision from uw pharmD program after the interview? I assumed it was two weeks at first, but their website said march-april. I was reading the previous year thread, some found out after 2 days, some after 2 weeks.
Thank you.

They told me that they will get back to me within 1 week, and if not then contact them.

Last edited:
Accepted today! Interviewed Friday and they got back to me 4 days later.

those who interviewed already, are there many situational questions based on the real pharmacy setting?

there will be 1-2 situational questions, but I think they tailor the question towards your experiences. Someone who has been a pharm tech for many years will probably get a different one than someone who has very little pharmacy experience. I think they just want to know your reasoning and whether you are a compassionate person. Hope that helps.

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group up yet for accepted students?

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group up yet for accepted students?

I don't know if this one is official but there is one named "UW Pharmacy Class of 2018"

That's the only one I found so far

Has anyone from the 1/31 interview heard back from the school yet? Acceptance, waitlist, or no acceptance?

Has anyone from the 1/31 interview heard back from the school yet? Acceptance, waitlist, or no acceptance?

I was accepted Monday. I'm sure you'll hear back soon!

For those who already got their interview invitations, could you please tell me how long would it take for them to review the application, and then send you the invitation?

I would like to know this as well, they were reviewing my supplemental on Jan 22nd and I still haven't heard from them. They were the only school that I applied to that had an essay on the supplemental, so it's understandable that it would take them longer to process it.

Accepted!!
For those who wanted a timeline:
10/17 - email saying supplemental application being processed
1/14 - email confirming that my application was evaluated for prerequisite status
1/15 - interview invitation
1/31 - interview
2/5 - post interview status (said i'm most likely either accepted or on waitlist)
2/10 - acceptance email

Good luck to you all!!!

Reactions: 1 user
1/17 - application evaluated for prereqs
1/28 - interview invitation
2/4 - interview
2/10 - accepted

I wouldn't start worrying until you receive the evaluating for prereqs email. You should get an interview invite shortly after that .
Good luck everyone!!

I would like to know this as well, they were reviewing my supplemental on Jan 22nd and I still haven't heard from them. They were the only school that I applied to that had an essay on the supplemental, so it's understandable that it would take them longer to process it.
They were reviewing my supplemental app on Feb 7th. I just received an email notifying me that they're reviewing my pre-req. Good luck to everyone applying this year! And Congrats to those who got accepted!

I got the application being evaluated email on 11/14 so hopefully I get the invite soon. Thanks for answering my question I will keep an eye out for the email.
Did you get an interview invitation after all? Did they send you a pre-req evaluation then interview?

Did you get an interview invitation after all? Did they send you a pre-req evaluation then interview?

No I'm still waiting. I sent an email to admissions last week and they said they are still in the process of reviewing my application. Which probably means I didn't make the cut for an interview so far :/

I did get a 10 in reading comp on the pcat and I believe the minimum for uw is 30 in all subjects.
I got 93 in bio, 73 in chem, 82 in verbal, and 61 in quant.
So I decided to work on the weak areas (chem and reading) and retook the pcat and got 94 in chem, 83 in bio, 73 in verbal, 35 reading, 16 in quant (ran out of time) :(

I called admissions last year and told them my pcat scores (I'm an esl student) and asked if I can still apply and they said yes since many esl students do terrible in reading and verbal. They can make an exception if science and math scores are good. So I applied and received the pre req evaluation email last November and so far that's all I've heard.

My gpa for pre reqs is a 3.4 , 3 years experience as a pharmacy assistant, 60 or so hours volunteering (drug take back program at a police station), letter of rec from a police officer, owner/ pharmacist of the private pharmacy where I work, and my ochem professor.

Hopefully I still make the cut for an interview. I don't think I can do any better in the reading comp part of the pcat to be honest but I will retake the pcat one final time if I don't get into any schools this year.

Last edited:
The last thing I heard from UW is the "application being evaluated for prerequisite status" early January. I'm guessing I didn't make the cut either; hopefully we at least get a chance in the later batches of interview invites :/

Yeah, the reading comprehension section is pretty tricky even for a native-English speaker such as myself. The hardest part was time management because you really have to soar through the passages and questions. Only way to excel in the reading comp section is to keep practicing and getting an idea of the types of answers they want.

Did anyone here struggle deciding between UW and WSU? I always thought I wanted to go to UW until I have my interview at WSU. The school really impressed me.

Did anyone here struggle deciding between UW and WSU? I always thought I wanted to go to UW until I have my interview at WSU. The school really impressed me.

Ranking aside, UW is still my first choice after interviewing at both schools. Although WSU's new pharmacy building was impressive and their staff was very welcoming throughout the entire process, I felt that UW's interview was more personal and made me feel more connected to the school than WSU's interview, which could have been due to the fact that UW was open file while WSU was closed file. I also choose UW over WSU because of the location. I think that UW, being in a larger city and having its own medical center, would potentially provide more opportunities for pharmacy-related experience. And plus, coffee central and Pike Place ftw!

Just heads up, I believe the last interview date is on March 28! ~3 people per session, 2 sessions per day (AM/PM). Interviews seem to be held on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, so a lot of dates still available for the month

Wouldn't it be something if I got interviewed on the very last day which happens to be my birthday lol

UW grad here. . .[full disclosure]

I had asked a few of my 'clinical' preceptors [i.e. hospital] about WSU vs. UW students during rotations [2010-2011]. These are people who have had rotation students for years - some for decades. No delay or inconsistencies in their answers, UW students have better 'clinical training'. UW's proximity to Harborview, UWMC, and many other hospitals in the Puget Sound provides a great advantage. I think about half of my classmates had hospital internships throughout school.

I'd say if you were targeting hospital work or a residency, UW just has it over WSU.

AHHH goodness gracious I just got my acceptance T~T :biglove: this feel is so unreal

Application finished on 10/23
Supplemental Application Processed email on 1/27
Evaluated for Prereq Status email on 2/26
Interview Invitation email on 2/28
Interview on 3/7
Accepted on 3/17

!! I hope you guys will hear from them soon!!

AHHH goodness gracious I just got my acceptance T~T :biglove: this feel is so unreal

Application finished on 10/23
Supplemental Application Processed email on 1/27
Evaluated for Prereq Status email on 2/26
Interview Invitation email on 2/28
Interview on 3/7
Accepted on 3/17

!! I hope you guys will hear from them soon!!

Congrats! thanks for sharing cuz otherwise this thread is so dead.. :p

Reactions: 1 users
I was looking at the FB group and I can't seem to join it. Do I need my UW ID to be able to join? 'Cause that might take a while... :oops:

I was looking at the FB group and I can't seem to join it. Do I need my UW ID to be able to join? 'Cause that might take a while... :oops:

Which are you talking about? I couldn't find a "closed" FB page for UW c/o 2018, I think someone still needs to create it but we have a public one called UW Pharmacy Class of 2018. Some of us have introduced ourselves on there. No you wouldn't need your UW ID for anything on FB...

Which are you talking about? I couldn't find a "closed" FB page for UW c/o 2018, I think someone still needs to create it but we have a public one called UW Pharmacy Class of 2018. Some of us have introduced ourselves on there. No you wouldn't need your UW ID for anything on FB...

I'm from OOS. UW Pharmacy Class of 2018 is an open group within the state of Washington and I need a "valid" e-mail domain to join (@uw.edu, @washington.edu, etc.).

I'm from OOS. UW Pharmacy Class of 2018 is an open group within the state of Washington and I need a "valid" e-mail domain to join (@uw.edu, @washington.edu, etc.).

Can you give me a link to it? I am not sure what you're talking about. I don't have UW's email yet either.