-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of Washington
Started by cuddlefish78
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I got a 93 composite. My reading comp was horrid at 47 but everything else was good. 97 in both bio and chem. 91 in quant.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Spots are limited on october so if I was you I wouls register now. With some extra studying you can probably pull that score up.
Washington state, oregon schools, Minnesota, arizona, montana, hawaii.... one in Virginia. .... kind of random. You?
I'm also applying to UW, but I'm applying through early decision and so far no answer yet (decisions are due 10/18 to pharmcas). This is so scary and keeping me on edge every single day 😛
My PCAT comp was 88 with 96 on math and 97 on chem. Forgot what was bio and verbal but I got a 30 on reading comp.
My PCAT comp was 88 with 96 on math and 97 on chem. Forgot what was bio and verbal but I got a 30 on reading comp.
I also just sent in my supplemental! I'm a california resident, but I absolutely love the northwest. Good luck to everyone who applied early decision!
did anyone get interviewed yet
I actually got deferred so good luck guys! 🙂
Its finally January anyone got an interview invite yet?
Mine is on the 24th of January! Excited and nervous!
Mine is on the 24th as well.
I'm very interested to see how UW's interview day will go compared to WSU's...
What time is yours?
Mine is in the afternoon so I will probably arrive at 12 to talk with the pharm students and for the tour.
What time is yours?
Mine is in the afternoon so I will probably arrive at 12 to talk with the pharm students and for the tour.
My interview is in the morning. Morning welcome hour starts at 8:15 and I think the only tour they offer is the one at 12.
In hindsight, I should have chosen an afternoon interview time so I wouldn't have to fight traffic so much since I'm driving up from the south Sound!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you guys get interview invitations via email?
Yes. I got the "application being evaluated for prerequisite status" email on December 9th, then my interview invitation email on January 2nd. So, if you've gotten the pre-req email then your interview invitation shouldn't be far behind!
es. I got the "application being evaluated for prerequisite status" email on December 9th, then my interview invitation email on January 2nd. So, if you've gotten the pre-req email then your interview invitation shouldn't be far behind!
I got the application being evaluated email on 11/14 so hopefully I get the invite soon. Thanks for answering my question I will keep an eye out for the email.
For everyone that is waiting for, going to and finished interviews, best of luck.
Does anyone know when will we find out about our admission decision from uw pharmD program after the interview? I assumed it was two weeks at first, but their website said march-april. I was reading the previous year thread, some found out after 2 days, some after 2 weeks.
Thank you.
Does anyone know when will we find out about our admission decision from uw pharmD program after the interview? I assumed it was two weeks at first, but their website said march-april. I was reading the previous year thread, some found out after 2 days, some after 2 weeks.
Thank you.
For everyone that is waiting for, going to and finished interviews, best of luck.
Does anyone know when will we find out about our admission decision from uw pharmD program after the interview? I assumed it was two weeks at first, but their website said march-april. I was reading the previous year thread, some found out after 2 days, some after 2 weeks.
Thank you.
They told me that they will get back to me within 1 week, and if not then contact them.
Last edited:
congrats!!! That's awesome. I received the acceptance yesterday too.Accepted today! Interviewed Friday and they got back to me 4 days later.
Is uw your first choice?
congrats!!! That's awesome. I received the acceptance yesterday too.
Is uw your first choice?
yay, congrats to you too! Yes, UW is my first choice 😀
there will be 1-2 situational questions, but I think they tailor the question towards your experiences. Someone who has been a pharm tech for many years will probably get a different one than someone who has very little pharmacy experience. I think they just want to know your reasoning and whether you are a compassionate person. Hope that helps.
Does anyone know if there is a facebook group up yet for accepted students?
Does anyone know if there is a facebook group up yet for accepted students?
I don't know if this one is official but there is one named "UW Pharmacy Class of 2018"
That's the only one I found so far
Has anyone from the 1/31 interview heard back from the school yet? Acceptance, waitlist, or no acceptance?
I was accepted Monday. I'm sure you'll hear back soon!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would like to know this as well, they were reviewing my supplemental on Jan 22nd and I still haven't heard from them. They were the only school that I applied to that had an essay on the supplemental, so it's understandable that it would take them longer to process it.
Accepted!!
For those who wanted a timeline:
10/17 - email saying supplemental application being processed
1/14 - email confirming that my application was evaluated for prerequisite status
1/15 - interview invitation
1/31 - interview
2/5 - post interview status (said i'm most likely either accepted or on waitlist)
2/10 - acceptance email
Good luck to you all!!!
For those who wanted a timeline:
10/17 - email saying supplemental application being processed
1/14 - email confirming that my application was evaluated for prerequisite status
1/15 - interview invitation
1/31 - interview
2/5 - post interview status (said i'm most likely either accepted or on waitlist)
2/10 - acceptance email
Good luck to you all!!!
They were reviewing my supplemental app on Feb 7th. I just received an email notifying me that they're reviewing my pre-req. Good luck to everyone applying this year! And Congrats to those who got accepted!I would like to know this as well, they were reviewing my supplemental on Jan 22nd and I still haven't heard from them. They were the only school that I applied to that had an essay on the supplemental, so it's understandable that it would take them longer to process it.
Did you get an interview invitation after all? Did they send you a pre-req evaluation then interview?I got the application being evaluated email on 11/14 so hopefully I get the invite soon. Thanks for answering my question I will keep an eye out for the email.
Did you get an interview invitation after all? Did they send you a pre-req evaluation then interview?
No I'm still waiting. I sent an email to admissions last week and they said they are still in the process of reviewing my application. Which probably means I didn't make the cut for an interview so far :/
I did get a 10 in reading comp on the pcat and I believe the minimum for uw is 30 in all subjects.
I got 93 in bio, 73 in chem, 82 in verbal, and 61 in quant.
So I decided to work on the weak areas (chem and reading) and retook the pcat and got 94 in chem, 83 in bio, 73 in verbal, 35 reading, 16 in quant (ran out of time) 🙁
I called admissions last year and told them my pcat scores (I'm an esl student) and asked if I can still apply and they said yes since many esl students do terrible in reading and verbal. They can make an exception if science and math scores are good. So I applied and received the pre req evaluation email last November and so far that's all I've heard.
My gpa for pre reqs is a 3.4 , 3 years experience as a pharmacy assistant, 60 or so hours volunteering (drug take back program at a police station), letter of rec from a police officer, owner/ pharmacist of the private pharmacy where I work, and my ochem professor.
Hopefully I still make the cut for an interview. I don't think I can do any better in the reading comp part of the pcat to be honest but I will retake the pcat one final time if I don't get into any schools this year.
Last edited:
The last thing I heard from UW is the "application being evaluated for prerequisite status" early January. I'm guessing I didn't make the cut either; hopefully we at least get a chance in the later batches of interview invites :/
Yeah, the reading comprehension section is pretty tricky even for a native-English speaker such as myself. The hardest part was time management because you really have to soar through the passages and questions. Only way to excel in the reading comp section is to keep practicing and getting an idea of the types of answers they want.
Yeah, the reading comprehension section is pretty tricky even for a native-English speaker such as myself. The hardest part was time management because you really have to soar through the passages and questions. Only way to excel in the reading comp section is to keep practicing and getting an idea of the types of answers they want.
Did anyone here struggle deciding between UW and WSU? I always thought I wanted to go to UW until I have my interview at WSU. The school really impressed me.
Did anyone here struggle deciding between UW and WSU? I always thought I wanted to go to UW until I have my interview at WSU. The school really impressed me.
Ranking aside, UW is still my first choice after interviewing at both schools. Although WSU's new pharmacy building was impressive and their staff was very welcoming throughout the entire process, I felt that UW's interview was more personal and made me feel more connected to the school than WSU's interview, which could have been due to the fact that UW was open file while WSU was closed file. I also choose UW over WSU because of the location. I think that UW, being in a larger city and having its own medical center, would potentially provide more opportunities for pharmacy-related experience. And plus, coffee central and Pike Place ftw!
UW grad here. . .[full disclosure]
I had asked a few of my 'clinical' preceptors [i.e. hospital] about WSU vs. UW students during rotations [2010-2011]. These are people who have had rotation students for years - some for decades. No delay or inconsistencies in their answers, UW students have better 'clinical training'. UW's proximity to Harborview, UWMC, and many other hospitals in the Puget Sound provides a great advantage. I think about half of my classmates had hospital internships throughout school.
I'd say if you were targeting hospital work or a residency, UW just has it over WSU.
I had asked a few of my 'clinical' preceptors [i.e. hospital] about WSU vs. UW students during rotations [2010-2011]. These are people who have had rotation students for years - some for decades. No delay or inconsistencies in their answers, UW students have better 'clinical training'. UW's proximity to Harborview, UWMC, and many other hospitals in the Puget Sound provides a great advantage. I think about half of my classmates had hospital internships throughout school.
I'd say if you were targeting hospital work or a residency, UW just has it over WSU.
AHHH goodness gracious I just got my acceptance T~T
this feel is so unreal
Application finished on 10/23
Supplemental Application Processed email on 1/27
Evaluated for Prereq Status email on 2/26
Interview Invitation email on 2/28
Interview on 3/7
Accepted on 3/17
!! I hope you guys will hear from them soon!!
this feel is so unrealApplication finished on 10/23
Supplemental Application Processed email on 1/27
Evaluated for Prereq Status email on 2/26
Interview Invitation email on 2/28
Interview on 3/7
Accepted on 3/17
!! I hope you guys will hear from them soon!!
AHHH goodness gracious I just got my acceptance T~Tthis feel is so unreal
Application finished on 10/23
Supplemental Application Processed email on 1/27
Evaluated for Prereq Status email on 2/26
Interview Invitation email on 2/28
Interview on 3/7
Accepted on 3/17
!! I hope you guys will hear from them soon!!
Congrats! thanks for sharing cuz otherwise this thread is so dead.. 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was looking at the FB group and I can't seem to join it. Do I need my UW ID to be able to join? 'Cause that might take a while... 😳
Which are you talking about? I couldn't find a "closed" FB page for UW c/o 2018, I think someone still needs to create it but we have a public one called UW Pharmacy Class of 2018. Some of us have introduced ourselves on there. No you wouldn't need your UW ID for anything on FB...
Which are you talking about? I couldn't find a "closed" FB page for UW c/o 2018, I think someone still needs to create it but we have a public one called UW Pharmacy Class of 2018. Some of us have introduced ourselves on there. No you wouldn't need your UW ID for anything on FB...
I'm from OOS. UW Pharmacy Class of 2018 is an open group within the state of Washington and I need a "valid" e-mail domain to join (@uw.edu, @washington.edu, etc.).
I'm from OOS. UW Pharmacy Class of 2018 is an open group within the state of Washington and I need a "valid" e-mail domain to join (@uw.edu, @washington.edu, etc.).
Can you give me a link to it? I am not sure what you're talking about. I don't have UW's email yet either.
Can you give me a link to it? I am not sure what you're talking about. I don't have UW's email yet either.
This is the one I found: https://www.facebook.com/groups/UWPharmD2018/?ref=br_rs
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K