You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of Waterloo c/o 2018
Started by OnionStench
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So how are you all preparing for the interview and FSA? Also anyone have their interview this friday?
mostly preparing my presentation. I decided to just hope for the best with the FSA LOL...anyone have any idea on what kind of math questions they're going to ask? How basic will the math questions be ._.
So how are you all preparing for the interview and FSA? Also anyone have their interview this friday?
For the presentation, Im mainly focusing on one aspect. For the FSA..... probably doing the same as above lol. My interview is on Saturday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I was talking to friend in her 2nd year in the program and she just said do your best for the FSA, its not something you can really prepare for it. So I guess that's what I'll do LOL. Are you guys doing something pharm-related or a hobby?
Yeah I was talking to friend in her 2nd year in the program and she just said do your best for the FSA, its not something you can really prepare for it. So I guess that's what I'll do LOL. Are you guys doing something pharm-related or a hobby?
They said to not just reiterate your resume, so I think it's better to talk about a hobby or something else you're passionate about. And then somehow bring that back to why you wanna be a pharmacist or how you'd be a good one
Hey guys, what's the dress code? Formal? Casual? Suit and tie or just pants and shirt? If anyone has an idea let me know! Thanks!
Hi guys, good luck to all of you who have interviews today! I was a little busy and couldn't post before but from someone who goes to Waterloo, I heard that for the presentation is isn't necessary to bring visuals. For her presentation, she was even sitting down and told me it was more like a conversation. She also said the time for the FSA was kind of limited when she did hers and so we should quickly read through the article as answer concisely. It would be great if people having interviews today could share how they felt! 🙂How are you guys doing your presentations? Like are we allowed to bring visuals? I'm a little confused
Hmm okay that makes it easier haha. From what I read, people said that for the part of the FSA where you're given a scientific article it's best to read the questions first and then look for the answers in the article since you have such limited time. I don't know how much math we need to know for it though.
Hey guys, what's the dress code? Formal? Casual? Suit and tie or just pants and shirt? If anyone has an idea let me know! Thanks!
I'm pretty sure it's business casual
I'm pretty sure we aren't allowed to tell you the kinds of questions they asked today. But the interview was very relaxed and the interviewers were very friendly 🙂
That's good to hear! How hard was the FSA? Any sort of preparation we would need to do?
The hardest part is managing your time. Content wise it is not hard at all.That's good to hear! How hard was the FSA? Any sort of preparation we would need to do?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The hardest part is managing your time. Content wise it is not hard at all.
Okay, yeah that's what I've heard! I'm assuming the math stuff is pretty basic?
So basic. It's definitely the easiest part.Okay, yeah that's what I've heard! I'm assuming the math stuff is pretty basic?
So basic. It's definitely the easiest part.
Okay awesome, thanks for the help! I'm a bit nervous for the presentation part
and now... we wait.
Hello everyone! I did not know that this existed. I actually got interviewed in November and received my acceptance for January 2015 ahead of time. I just wanted to let you guys know that I know this wait is killer..trust me, I was there. Just try to focus on the other things you have planned for this month and the next, and hopefully all works out in your favour🙂 I look forward to meeting those of you who receive acceptances for January 2015, and I cannot wait for our journey to begin! Best of luck to everyone, your efforts will not be put to waste!
Last edited:
19 DAYS TO GO!!
Is there any way to confirm that they have received our final transcripts? Would they let us know if they haven't?
The date on quest is updated once they receive your final transcript. Mine changed today and it shows they received my transcript on May 27th.Is there any way to confirm that they have received our final transcripts? Would they let us know if they haven't?
ahh I just checked! Mine changed also, thanks!
I'm kind of confused about my transcript. It says on Quest that they last received my transcript on May 23, but that doesn't really make sense because I sent my transcript on May 26.
Is anyone having this issue as well?
I know that when you complete the Waterloo application, you order a transcript to be delivered whenever then. Perhaps you ordered one at that time and so it got to them before the one you ordered again?
I get the impression when the clerks enter into the system that transcripts were received, they enter it into a file that has already been initialized and the date of initialization is used by default. The reason I say this is because my out-of-province transcripts were only sent on the 23rd of May and Quest indicated they had received my transcript on May 23. Anyway I wouldn't worry, as they told me, clearly, that they attempt to contact you if your file is incomplete.According to my email from Fedex, my transcript arrived on Monday morning, but the date on Quest hasn't changed. Think they are just backed up on updating Quest?
Also, T-7 days, what what.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ya im worried about this too. My school says they sent the transcript already, but the date on Quest is not updated...According to my email from Fedex, my transcript arrived on Monday morning, but the date on Quest hasn't changed. Think they are just backed up on updating Quest?
When I emailed the school they said it takes time to process incoming mail and add the information to each student’s Quest account, and to please be patient and check back. But I got another email saying it could be delayed if I had it sent to the school of pharmacy rather than the registrars office, but I know for sure I sent it to the registrars office. I think its an unnecessary worry for both of us because a while back they said in an email that it was okay if it arrived after the June 6th deadline, as long as the transcript has been requested. I'm pretty sure the admissions people think I'm crazy by now, hah.Ya im worried about this too. My school says they sent the transcript already, but the date on Quest is not updated...
They would contact you if you're missing something? That is reassuring, thanks!I get the impression when the clerks enter into the system that transcripts were received, they enter it into a file that has already been initialized and the date of initialization is used by default. The reason I say this is because my out-of-province transcripts were only sent on the 23rd of May and Quest indicated they had received my transcript on May 23. Anyway I wouldn't worry, as they told me, clearly, that they attempt to contact you if your file is incomplete.
Also, T-7 days, what what.
Ya, my school screwed up sending transcripts last time around - they charged me but "forgot" to process one of the requests. So to be sure, I called Waterloo, and the woman told me that having her check my file was redundant because they would let us know if transcripts hadn't been received.
I would encourage you to call them, though, as it certainly doesn't hurt!
I would encourage you to call them, though, as it certainly doesn't hurt!
Who did you call? The School of Pharmacy of the Registrar's office?Ya, my school screwed up sending transcripts last time around - they charged me but "forgot" to process one of the requests. So to be sure, I called Waterloo, and the woman told me that having her check my file was redundant because they would let us know if transcripts hadn't been received.
I would encourage you to call them, though, as it certainly doesn't hurt!
School of Pharmacy but I got transferred a couple times.Who did you call? The School of Pharmacy of the Registrar's office?
Nah, man, you shouldn't feel guilty or shy about it. You're showing interest in the process, and being thorough.Who did you call? The School of Pharmacy of the Registrar's office?
2 1/2 days to go!

2 1/2 days to go!![]()
Longest 2 days ever...
EARLY ACCEPTANCE via EMAIL!!! Everyone check your Spam and main emails! So happy they released their decisions early 😀 Good luck everyone!
EARLY ACCEPTANCE via EMAIL!!! Everyone check your Spam and main emails! So happy they released their decisions early 😀 Good luck everyone!
Really? Nothing yet....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too... I feel nauseous 🙁I hope this guy is messing with us 🙁
Same here 🙁
Same
Don't worry guys! It takes a while to process and sort out so many emails. Stay positive everyone🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K
