1. We will be performing maintenance on the SDN forums on Friday, December 9 at 5:00 AM Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice

University of Windsor, St. Kitts

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by bob_xxx, 09.23.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. bob_xxx

bob_xxx

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I was planning to apply to the University of Windsor School of Medicine, St. Kitts, and I was wondering about this school and how it was and has anyone been there? I heard its more of a low tier school but it is accredited and it prepares you for the USMLE. I am concerned about its ability to get me rotation or residency since they favor the better schools.

Does anyone know if my chances of getting residency in the US will be hindered if I go to this school?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. BestDoctorEver

BestDoctorEver Banned Banned Account on Hold 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yes... and very much!

4. bedevilled ben

bedevilled ben Jung at heart 2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It is not accredited in all 50 states. Your chances of successfully completing the program and obtaining a residency are severely diminished. In 2013, 85/188 USIMGs obtained first-choice residencies, or approximately 45%. SGU, Ross, Saba, AUC, AUA. Pick one of those instead, preferably one of the first 4.

5. torontopharm

torontopharm 5+ Year Member

I think you're also supposed to consider what their USMLE pass rate is, which apparently is really low for Windsor grads.

6. bob_xxx

bob_xxx

How hard is it to get into the first 4? Is it harder than most US/Canadian universities?

7. Connauton

Connauton 2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Easier than US/Canadian universities, but not extremely easy.

8. bob_xxx

bob_xxx

Do you know what states is Windsor accredited in?

9. bedevilled ben

Resident [Any Field]
    No I don't, you would have to inquire with the medical board state-by-state unless they maintain a list of approved schools online, which some do not. I do know that they are not approved in California, and several states (Alaska, Tennessee, New Mexico, Indiana, and Kansas that I know of) follow the California-approved list. I also do not think they are approved for New York either, but I'm not positive about that.

10. edgerock24

edgerock24 2+ Year Member

What's going on with the sudden urge to create threads about Caribbean schools that are not part of the "Big 4 (and I guess AUC)?"

Any Caribbean school that is not SGU, Ross, AUC, Saba, or AUC is a piece of garbage. You would have to be a complete moron to attend that type of school.

(Overly harsh, I know -- but you get my point)

11. bedevilled ben

Resident [Any Field]
    There's usually an uptick in activity in the fall. Everybody is getting their rejection letters from their July AMCAS apps and knee-jerking. I am really disheartened by the interest in un-vetted schools recently, though. I don't really have an explanation for that.

W19 and ChrisGriffen like this.
  12. DoctorSynthesis

DoctorSynthesis Friendly osteopath 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    @SkipJunior graduated from there did well on the uslme and didn't match.

Ask him about his experience.

Big 4 is bad also. Non big 4 is just a waste of time and money.

EthylMethylMan, ChrisGriffen and W19 like this.
  13. thedocy

thedocy

Attending Physician
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Winds...al-School-Fraud-Abuse-Cayon-Caribbean-1239673

14. TheDocy2

TheDocy2

Windsor University Fired a Pharmacology Professor Dr. Joseph Anne DeSoto in July/2015 for bad behavior and criminal activity and falsifying reports (his ID is TheDocy used here).

Windsor University Fired a Pharmacology Professor in July/2015 for bad behavior and criminal activity and falsifying reports. Dr. Joseph Anne DeSoto –former pharmacology professor at Windsor University School of Medicine. He was fired after a only SIX weeks for inappropriate conduct with female students and faculty. Some of his accomplishments during his month and a half at Windsor include:

-Sharing tales from his time practicing as a physician (never did a residency. false claim on his part).
    -Making false promises to female students and co-workers.

-Continuously bad mouth every single colleague and promote false information and promoting erroneous information. (While telling students to be “professional” and only speak good of coworkers).
    -Claiming *self indicated* bruises were from a physical altercation with the Dean and also associate dean of Research Dr. Guri Tzivion at Windsor. Security footage in fact revealed no fight between the professor and the Deans, men who are about one third the size of Dr. Joseph DeSoto.
    - Joseph Desoto was caught lying to both the University and Local Police. He was Deported from the Island of St Kitts for falsifying information and claims.

-Faculty Senate decided to recommnded to let go of Dr Jospeh Desoto for mutiple gross misconducts of University Rules and Regulations, including a harrasment of female cowrorker and Falsifying information and reports.

With all the free time this disgruntled professor now has due to his unemployment, he pens poorly written articles bashing Windsor–making sure to attach his name and false credentials to every piece of fiction, feeding his giant ego.

About the ads