University of Wisconsin 2011-2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prepharm14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
didn't see a thread for wisconsin....anyone else applying here for next fall? about ready to send in my supplemental!

Members don't see this ad.

didn't see a thread for wisconsin....anyone else applying here for next fall? about ready to send in my supplemental!
I'll be applying. Planning to finish the supplemental tonight.

Are you a Wisconsin resident? Undergrad at UW?

nope! i'm actually from boston and go to university of michigan...so big ten is the only real connection i have haha. i know theres pretty limited seats for OOS students, but i figure its worth a shot!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've applied there.. lets see what happens.. :xf:

I still need to finish up my supplemental too. Oh how quickly did November sneak up on us!

I've got a question maybe somebody could answer:

The PharmCAS school page and all communication (emails) I've received from Wisconsin say they require 3 LORs and never specified what kind these had to be BUT on their website it says that one has to be from a professor. I finished my PharmCAS a long time ago and only have LORs from pharmacists and community service supervisor people so I'm worried I am wasting time and money finishing the supplemental if they're going to not even consider me because one of my LORs isn't a professor. Anyone else go through this or know anything about it? I feel like its maybe too late to email them and ask at this point because its due so soon.

I still need to finish up my supplemental too. Oh how quickly did November sneak up on us!

The PharmCAS school page and all communication (emails) I've received from Wisconsin say they require 3 LORs and never specified what kind these had to be BUT on their website it says that one has to be from a professor. I finished my PharmCAS a long time ago and only have LORs from pharmacists and community service supervisor people so I'm worried I am wasting time and money finishing the supplemental if they're going to not even consider me because one of my LORs isn't a professor. Anyone else go through this or know anything about it? I feel like its maybe too late to email them and ask at this point because its due so soon.

Just call them and ask early Monday morning. Jeremy is super nice and helpful and he'll let you know where you stand.

I would definitely contact the Office of Student Services by phone on Monday.

I did my undergrad at UW and have met with the pre-pharm advisor numerous times before applying and they definitely told me to have a letter from a math or science professor. Will they make any exceptions? I don't know, but I want to say they are pretty strict on requiring that particular letter. It definitely doesn't hurt to contact them, though. Especially since you are out the pharmCAS fee either way.

If you have any other questions/concerns, don't hesitate to PM me as I am fairly familiar with their admissions process.

I've emailed with him before and he was helpful. I will shoot him an email, hopefully he will answer on Monday or else I will call. I was going off of the PharmCAS school pages where they have a place to list which types of LORs are required but they don't say that any particular one is required on there, just that you need three... I guess I am at a disadvantage because I am out of state and not that familiar with the school :(

I did email and in case anyone else is in a similar situation, heres the answer: they don't enforce the LOR rule unless you do it totally wrong and have three friends write recommendations or something like that. So I will be submitting my supplemental tonight! :D

I got an invite to interview on the 12th of jan.. anyone else? :D

congrats! i ended up withdrawing my application from UW before interview invites. good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have mine on the 13th. Is anyone else having problems confirming/accepting their interview offer? Every time I try to accept, I get the following error. If you know of a way around it or if it gets fixed, please let me know.

Called from ERRORRequest.cfm

An application error has occurred. Please contact IIT support. Please be preapred to meet with IIT support so that someone can see what you did to arrive at this error. Thank you.

I have mine on the 13th. Is anyone else having problems confirming/accepting their interview offer? Every time I try to accept, I get the following error. If you know of a way around it or if it gets fixed, please let me know.

Called from ERRORRequest.cfm

An application error has occurred. Please contact IIT support. Please be preapred to meet with IIT support so that someone can see what you did to arrive at this error. Thank you.

Yup, Jeremy sent out an email saying the IT department is aware and working to resolve it.

Hey!

I'm interviewing on the 12th as well.. Does anyone know how long the interview-process is? I know they sent out some sort of timeline... but I was wondering if anyone knew how long all of it is?

Thanks!

I'm interviewing on the 12th of January as well.
Have no idea how long it will be, but I'm a little concerned with the 20 minute 'Extratemporaneous Essay'..
What will they ask us?

I interviewed there last year. They do four sets of interviews total: two days, two sets each day. They're roughly five hours long. If things are the same as last year, you have some time at the beginning to sit down and talk to other interviewees, eat some snacks, etc. then you get split up into groups and rotate throughout different portions of the interview process. You have the actual interview (two interviewers), an essay (low pressure... Just make sure you are capable of writing an essay and can explain WHY you want to be a pharmacist) sit down and talk with Jeremy, info about the school, tour... I think that's it.

I was very impressed with UW Madison when I interviewed there and I absolutely loved their facilities, the feel of the school and the faculty. Good luck!

Ps - I wouldn't recommend staying at the Road Star Inn in town. It's bad news bears.

I'll also be interviewing there next friday (13th). Since I'll be coming all the way from Cali, it'd be nice if I could do some sightseeing after the interview's over. Does anyone wanna meet up for that? I'll be sticking around until saturday afternoon, so let me know!

I am in love with the school and the people! Awesome interview experience :D.. Good luck to all the people interviewing tomorrow !

I just signed on to the status page and the update option is now available. Enjoy and good luck!

So, who got an acceptance today, and what are some of your stats? I'm curious as to what the "representative sample" of early admits consists of.

Me too..! I would love to know :D

I was accepted today!!!! Here are my stats:

Junior
GPA: 3.97
Science GPA: 4.0
PCAT: 95

Over 100 hours volunteering in a hospital (non-pharmacy), volunteered internationally in public health clinics, a chemistry tutor on campus, mentor for local public schools for three years.

Thanks! Good luck to everyone and hope to see you next year as classmates!

I know that putting down deposits at multiple schools is just something you do when applying, and honestly I was anticipating doing so, but recently I ran into money issues and paying out $1000 is not much of an option. Anyways, I was told by a friend of friend that I could call Madison, tell them I got into other schools, but I want to go to Madison more and they could let me know of my admission sooner. Is this real? I don't feel like I should do that, but if it's common practice and not a big deal, then why not? It's killing me to know if I got in.

Well I think you should call Jeremy and tell him your situation. See what he has to say about that because in the emails he mentioned that the admissions committee will meet during the first week of March so ..:thumbup:

I'm wondering how someone from Wisconsin who only applied to Madison must be feeling all this while. It's been a looong wait for such a person, and just imagine if such a person finally gets an email starting like " Sorry, the Admission Committee could not reserve a seat for you...", That person can pass out. Also, all the deadlines for other schools have passed.

I know that putting down deposits at multiple schools is just something you do when applying, and honestly I was anticipating doing so, but recently I ran into money issues and paying out $1000 is not much of an option. Anyways, I was told by a friend of friend that I could call Madison, tell them I got into other schools, but I want to go to Madison more and they could let me know of my admission sooner. Is this real? I don't feel like I should do that, but if it's common practice and not a big deal, then why not? It's killing me to know if I got in.

I think your best option would be to contact the schools you've been admitted to and try to get an extension on your deposit deadline(s). If it were me, I wouldn't hassle the AdCom. They're terribly busy and they're doing the best they can over the next couple of weeks.

Although, I guess it probably wouldn't hurt to try.

Good luck in the coming weeks! I, as you may see, know my outcome thankfully. I look forward to meeting classmates!

Approximately 5-7 days more. Results will be either known on 3/12-Mon or 3/14-Wed around 12pm.
That's my prediction/guess.

I wish everyone good luck, especially to the one who only applied to Wisconsin.

Last edited:
How did you arrive at such a specific guess?

It's just an educated guess.
The Mon was from the previous year's thread. The Wednesday is based on how Jeremy communicates on mostly Wednesdays after ADCom meets. He said last week Wed that 2 more weeks, which makes my guess for Wednesday 3/14 more likely. However, there is a slight possibility for Monday 3/12, based on last year.

I guess I missed that the AdCom meetings are on Wednesdays.

Last year's response was a Thursday, not Monday. So, maybe we'll hear today, and if not, possibly a week from today.

Yeah, you're right.
I hope it will be today too though. It could be Friday too because I think the year before that was Friday 3/12. So there is rather a high chance of it being this week (Today or Tomorrow). It doesn't matter now, I know people can handle waiting a few more days after waiting for months.

Last edited:
Yeah, no one really knows. I had no problem waiting at first... then March happened and now I'm checking my email constantly.

How did you find out already?! My friends application status isnt updated yet...?

I was an early applicant but due to some pre-req issues which took forever to solve I heard back so late.

I was an early applicant but due to some pre-req issues which took forever to solve I heard back so late.
It was an amazing feeling hearing back from Madison. (Not to rub it into those who haven't heard, I know the anxious feeling all to well) Nice work. Im assuming I will see you in the fall?

It was an amazing feeling hearing back from Madison. (Not to rub it into those who haven't heard, I know the anxious feeling all to well) Nice work. Im assuming I will see you in the fall?

I am so happy.. the school has been my top choice ever since the interview and getting accepted is just a cherry on top of my awesome spring break!! :love:

You will definitely see me in the fall!!

Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear back.. :thumbup:

I am so happy.. the school has been my top choice ever since the interview and getting accepted is just a cherry on top of my awesome spring break!! :love:

You will definitely see me in the fall!!

Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear back.. :thumbup:

Congratulations!!!!

Thank you!! Is UW-Madison your top choice as well?