University of Wisconsin 2011-2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey,

US News & World Report has just posted updated 2012 rankings for Pharmacy Schools. UW-Madison has improved from #9 to #5!

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...-schools/top-health-schools/pharmacy-rankings

Good Luck! I hope the rest of us hear soon on their decisions.

Awesome!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

US News & World Report has just posted updated 2012 rankings for Pharmacy Schools. UW-Madison has improved from #9 to #5!

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...-schools/top-health-schools/pharmacy-rankings

Good Luck! I hope the rest of us hear soon on their decisions.

Well, I knew UW-Madison's pharmacy program is better than UIC upon my visit to both schools. My friend always argued with me on that and now I can prove to him about that.
I know rankings doesn't mean much but it can serve as a point of reference.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
would any of you who just got accepted mind posting more of your stats? i'm hoping to apply for fall 2013 and i'm a little intimidated by how highly ranked madison is in pharmacy and i'm not sure if my stats are good enough for it. i'm from wisconsin and currently finishing up my pre-requisites here, so madison is my top choice for sure. congrats to those who got in!

would any of you who just got accepted mind posting more of your stats? i'm hoping to apply for fall 2013 and i'm a little intimidated by how highly ranked madison is in pharmacy and i'm not sure if my stats are good enough for it. i'm from wisconsin and currently finishing up my pre-requisites here, so madison is my top choice for sure. congrats to those who got in!
If one particular stat intimidates you (like the avg PCAT or GPA) don't worry about it, but back it up in other areas. I have a 3.4 GPA, but a bachelors of science in Chemistry from UW-L, 90 PCAT, 5 total years of pharmacy experience, 1/3 of it volunteer. Also, I nailed the interview.

The majority of us are still waiting for a response, but I'll let you know after I hear.

My stats (nothing too special):

GPA 3.98 (no degree yet); Was attending a pharmacy school in Bangladesh (I am an international student).
PCAT 70
Lots of volunteer and leadership experience (dealing with mostly international students). Never worked at a pharmacy in the U.S (only shadowed hospital and community pharmacists). However, I worked at pharmacies in Bangladesh and Malaysia (3yrs experience).

Nailed the interview for sure and also the writing section (poured my heart out).

Decisions have been posted!!! I can't wait to know who else got in!!! :luck:

I was an early admit - good luck to all of you as you find out your admission status!

I've been accepted, and I most definitely will be attending :)

Congrats to everyone else!

Congrats!! I am soo excited!! Someone needs to open a FB page for class of 2016 :D ..

P.S- I am looking for roommates and a place to live near campus..(any info will be much appreciated =) )

Congrats!! I am soo excited!! Someone needs to open a FB page for class of 2016 :D ..

P.S- I am looking for roommates and a place to live near campus..(any info will be much appreciated =) )
I too have been accepted and will be attending UW in the fall! I am so excited! I agree, there needs to be a Facebook page for our new class of 2016 :)

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! See you in the fall!

Ok why is this thread so dead? Wisconsin is a good school, but why does it seem that people are not interested. Whenever you post something on this thread the total views increase by at least 100. The question still remains why people will view this thread if they didn't apply here. It was the same thing last year. I was going through Facebook groups and I saw pages for some schools for the previous classes and even 2016 class. It makes me nervous of attending this school. I don't know, but from other threads, some current students offer to help prospective students. I see none here or on previous threads. I just don't get it. Are people not happy with the school or what? I'm excited for getting in but to some extent. You don't even see the excitement here. Can someone explain this? Well, maybe not. Ok fine, maybe Wisconsin people are not used to sdn, so are they also not used to Facebook?

Hi fellow classmates!

I don't think the tread is kind of dead because UWisc is not a great school but probably because most people on here are probably from OOS (my guess). I'm coming from the west coast myself but am excited to come to Madison.

If anyone is interested I can start a Facebook page for our incoming 2016 class.

There is no possible way, at all, to correlate the posts on this page to UW's school of pharmacy. Its a phenomenal school, and I am as excited as everyone else to attend, but if you look through other school pages, all posts are about people nervous to hear back and questions about the interview (which we didnt have, because they all happened in the same two days). I would like a facebook group as well, it's starting to hit that I will be in Madison next year and I want to start meeting the people I will share the next 4 years with.

There is no possible way, at all, to correlate the posts on this page to UW's school of pharmacy. Its a phenomenal school, and I am as excited as everyone else to attend, but if you look through other school pages, all posts are about people nervous to hear back and questions about the interview (which we didnt have, because they all happened in the same two days).

Amen. :thumbup:
Also, there are probably some people like me who hardly read through or post in these forums.

I've created a facebook page for our class. Hope to see fellow new classmates as well as current students on there! https://www.facebook.com/groups/256977521059286/

Might want to check this page out first :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/184133275035498/

Ah, thanks for the FB link. I didn't find it since I didn't search for UW but instead University of Wisconsin.

I usually think of UW as University of Washington outside of Wisconsin.

Can someone tell me the last date to apply for financial aid at UWM?

Can someone tell me the last date to apply for financial aid at UWM?
I believe that the date is May 1st, but applying before then just guarantees that you will have the money before the beginning of the semester.

Thanks for the link.

To those out of state, "UWM" is typically used for the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee ;)