University of Wisconsin.... Anything?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I spoke with the admin office today and was told that the waitlist was ~100 people. Thought I would share.

Members don't see this ad.

I spoke with the admin office today and was told that the waitlist was ~100 people. Thought I would share.

Wow! Good to hear! If the top 25% is ~25 people, I don't think that sounds unreasonable, especially if they were conservative in handing out acceptances. There's still hope! :thumbup:

Well I just sent in my withdrawal of my acceptance at Madison this morning, so that should help with one spot for you all;-)

How did you send in your withdrawal? I need to do that too... May 15 is approaching faster than I want. :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! Good to hear! If the top 25% is ~25 people, I don't think that sounds unreasonable, especially if they were conservative in handing out acceptances. There's still hope! :thumbup:

that IS exciting!! although i doubt it because so many people on these boards got that letter and we certainly don't represent everyone

How did you send in your withdrawal? I need to do that too... May 15 is approaching faster than I want. :smuggrin:

I just sent a letter explaining that I'd like to withdraw my acceptance to the Admissions Office. I assume that that is sufficient.

when i initially called the office after i got the letter, whoever answered the phone told me the waitlist was typically 100 too. But i set up an appointment to talk to lucy wall a few days later (i think she is associate dean of admissions?) over the phone and of course i asked like fifty questions about the exact numbers on the waitlist, she told me explicitly that the waitlist was longer this year (200) and that there were/will be 50 others who got the same letter (top 25%) that i did. this was about ten days ago, so maybe things have changed but i can't imagine that they have too much. obviously we would all fare better if only 25 of us got this letter...so here's to hoping for the best, whatever the length of that elusive waitlist is:luck:

getting excited to get my ranking on the waitlist...

:)

So when does the movement start?

i'm curious to see the rankings too

i interviewed about 30 days ago today. how were people notified of 1) acceptances 2) waitlist or 3) rejection? i can't seem to find a place online and haven't received a letter yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have those who live in madison gotten the letters yet?

i am hoping for a rank letter today--i can't wait much longer!! :)

anybody? my friend just got his. i am still waiting for the mail...

Do people mind sharing their rankings? I'm on the east coast and won't get my letter for a couple more days.

#68...

and I got the high priority (top 25%) waitlist letter

I was higher than your 68--I am thinking they stretched the truth with that top 25% thing. No way their waitlist is upwards of 350/400 people. boooo

So did anyone recieve a number between 1-30? (I would say higher than 30 but I was told that was confusing)

I heard that there was a top 10% waitlist and I'm trying to figure out where the top 25% starts.

Thanks!

I cannot wait to get my letter - Wednesday seems so far away!

Good luck everyone. Here's hoping for lots of waitlist movement.

I received the "Top 10%" letter and I ended up being 39th on the waiting list. I was kind of surprised. I was hoping that 10% would have been higher. Who knows, maybe they changed their mind about me after they sent the first letter.
Good luck everybody!

I received the "Top 10%" letter and I ended up being 39th on the waiting list. I was kind of surprised. I was hoping that 10% would have been higher. Who knows, maybe they changed their mind about me after they sent the first letter.
Good luck everybody!

seriously, this is crazy--with all this info their waitlist must be 400 people! that's crazy. i had no idea there was a top 10%. is anyone calling them on monday to see what their chances are of getting off? i know they said that after the rankings came out they would have a better picture of how much the waitlist would move.

Good luck everybody!

This is just ridiculous. I’m afraid to check my mail tomorrow.

got the top 25%, checked my mail on saturday to find that top priority is over 100 for them.

It could mean that they expect a ton of movement off the waitlist this year. Last year they had to give out 250 acceptances to fill 150 spots. Maybe they are expecting this year's class to be harder to fill.

It could mean that they expect a ton of movement off the waitlist this year. Last year they had to give out 250 acceptances to fill 150 spots. Maybe they are expecting this year's class to be harder to fill.

I don't think they're expecting especially huge movement this year, i called and they said basically if you are ranked beyond 30 there's little chance

I think that I am going to take that with a grain of salt as others reportedly were told that the waiting list was only 100 people long.
I am guessing that even the UW is not sure yet how far they are going to take off the waiting list yet. After May 15th they will most likely have a better idea of how many open spots they will have.
Before I got my ranking I figured that top 30 would definitely get an offer but how far beyond that was kind of unsure. I hope it goes further but I am not going to wait to turn in my application for next year.

So did anyone else get the letter that says, " We anticipate sending you another letter in a week informing you of your exact position among the 34 candidates?"

The letter said that, " at this time it appears that few alternate positions may become available as more offers have already been made than there are positions in the class. In the past five years we have offered a place in the class to as many as 29 alternates and as few as none. Each year is unique in the final formation of our incoming class."

Grrr... I almost cannot stand the waiting.

So did anyone else get the letter that says, " We anticipate sending you another letter in a week informing you of your exact position among the 34 candidates?"

The letter said that, " at this time it appears that few alternate positions may become available as more offers have already been made than there are positions in the class. In the past five years we have offered a place in the class to as many as 29 alternates and as few as none. Each year is unique in the final formation of our incoming class."

Grrr... I almost cannot stand the waiting.

that sounds like a great position to be in

I got the top half letter, my rank is 116 :confused:.

bump...any more news?

i called them and they said that the waitlist was very long, and they finally whittled it down to ~200? and she did basically say that if your rank is beyond 30 there's little chance of getting off of it.

got the top 25%, checked my mail on saturday to find that top priority is 113 for them.

I guess the top 25% starts at about 115, since I'm in the top half at 116. Has anyone checked in with the admissions office yet? Does anyone have any reapplicant info for people who were waitlisted?

I guess the top 25% starts at about 115, since I'm in the top half at 116. Has anyone checked in with the admissions office yet? Does anyone have any reapplicant info for people who were waitlisted?

no way, its totally messed up, because i have a friend who was 120 and supposedly in the top 25%

no way, its totally messed up, because i have a friend who was 120 and supposedly in the top 25%
one of my classmates was also on the list but had ranked in the bottom 50% according to his letter. he received a letter telling him, i think, that basically you're not going to get in and we're rejecting you now. so the waitlist is probably made up of only the top 25% now.

and if you're below the rank of 89, you just moved up a spot. hasta la vista badgers, i'm withdrawing.

The admissions committee just had their last meeting yesterday evening. Anyone waiting for a second letter it should be mailed tomorrow.

Goodluck everyone!

one of my classmates was also on the list but had ranked in the bottom 50% according to his letter. he received a letter telling him, i think, that basically you're not going to get in and we're rejecting you now. so the waitlist is probably made up of only the top 25% now.

and if you're below the rank of 89, you just moved up a spot. hasta la vista badgers, i'm withdrawing.

Well I'm in the top half and still on the waitlist.:cool:

Has anyone checked to see if their rank has changed? It all seems so inconsistent.

Yes. I'm assuming this means you did too?

The admissions committee just had their last meeting yesterday evening. Anyone waiting for a second letter it should be mailed tomorrow.

I'm in Madison, so it might come in the mail today. I think knowing an actual number is going to drive me crazy. I can't decided whether I should rush home at lunch to check the mail or wait to delay the onset of turning into a waitlist junkie constantly lurking and searching the forums for leads on waitlist movement.

I'd be interested to know if you get your rank letter today. I won't get mine until Monday ish depending on the mail. I would be interested if they say anything about expected WL movement and if you don't mind sharing what number you received. I think we interviewed on the same day.

Thank you.

Good luck:)

Hopefully you get a number in the top 10! :

I'd be interested to know if you get your rank letter today. I won't get mine until Monday ish depending on the mail. I would be interested if they say anything about expected WL movement and if you don't mind sharing what number you received. I think we interviewed on the same day.

Thank you.

Good luck:)

Hopefully you get a number in the top 10! :

No letter in the mail today. We'll see what tomorrow brings.....

Goodluck to you too, Edda!

No letter in the mail today. We'll see what tomorrow brings.....

Goodluck to you too, Edda!

Hey Edda,
Since you're in the top portion of the waitlist would you mind sharing your stats and how early you applied/interviewed? Just curious since I applied late and as an OOS. Thanks!:rolleyes:

Man, I must have really F-ed up my interview somehow. I've never seen a number this big before.

Hey Edda,
Since you're in the top portion of the waitlist would you mind sharing your stats and how early you applied/interviewed? Just curious since I applied late and as an OOS. Thanks!:rolleyes:

I would be happy to share if you are still interested but I'm an instate applicant. I'm just doing a fellowship/internship out of state which is why waiting for the mail is so painful!

Idybugg82 have you received your letter yet?

Yup, got the letter yesterday. I'm in the top 15, not the top 10. I really, really, really, really hope they get some good WL movement this year!

The letter repeated what the previous one said...already gave out more spots than seats in the class; in the last 5 years, accepted as many as 29 and as few as 0 off the WL.

It also said that we could call after May 20 to see if our status has changed. Anyone else get their letter yet? Anyone in the top 10 want to withdraw their acceptance?;)

Good luck to everyone! :luck: