Army Unlicensed NPs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently heard this, but as usual cannot find any regs. Supposedly, there was a recent change in the Army that allows NP's to practice without the requirement of maintaining their NP license -- they need only maintain an RN license.

Any truth to this? Does any of this make sense? I'm trying to dig deeper myself, as I think it may have something to do with the variety of state license requirements for supervision for NPs who may still be licensed in, "full restricted", states.

Members don't see this ad.

Not true. You have to be licensed as an NP. We all know how much fun it is to deal with the sticklers in credentialing.

Members don't see this ad :)
NPs almost always gets the heat from Md, is that true. That is what we were told in Nursing School.

Are you asking or do you think this thread was applying heat to NPs?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, agree with the above. As far as the Navy goes, if you are going to be credentialed, you have to maintain a current state license. This applies to everyone.

I still hear this rumor about military medicine from civilian folks I've worked with. They will say they hear in the military that the doctors don't have to be licensed.

- Your friendly neighborhood credentials caveman (shout out)

Last edited: