UNLV committee meets Monday for last time...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eleminopee

I've got 2 infractions!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe not the last time, but according to the girl in the adm office all the seats should be filled this monday. Sad times. I'm crossing my fingers.....

Members don't see this ad.

How is that possible? I know someone who has an interview at UNLV on March 15th. I wonder if the interview is just for the alternate list?

i heard they were going to meet at the end of february, but i didnt know that it might be their last one

Members don't see this ad :)
i heard they were going to meet at the end of february, but i didnt know that it might be their last one

Makes sense. I interviewed in January and half their class was filled at that point. Then they sent out a round of acceptances at the end of January which probably ended up filling around 50 to 55 of their seats (out of 75).

When I had the interview invitation from UNLV for March 15, I asked
them if it was for alternate position and they said its not. So I think
this means there are some spots left. Keep your hopes alive.

I dont think I need to question any one if I wanna stay one day at vegas, alternative list just means more relaxed interview, ill be there on thursday,,, any one else going this thursday? hope the interview ends soon :D

OKAY...Im very nervous. I interviewed back in December, and this is by far my number 1 choice. I ALSO am crossing my fingers, and my toes, and anything that can be crossed.

I was offered an interview with dates going into the end of March...FYI. They may not be done.

Just to clarify, the girl I called on Thursday or Friday last week (2-23ish) said that the committee was meeting monday. I asked her if all the of seats are full yet and she said no but they will be after the committee meets. Obviously if somebody doesn't accept their acceptance than more seats will open up and the newly interviewed people will still have a shot. I've pretty much given up hope cuz I interviewed in October.

I think what happened is i didn't get a very high score on the formula that they use that takes into consideration your interview scores, both gpas, and certain DAT scores (my sci GPA is only 3.11). Oh well, you can win them all.

they would have waitlisted you though. they didn't do that meaning they might draft you in the 3rd round

I've pretty much given up hope cuz I interviewed in October.
same. i've given up hope. which date in october?

they would have waitlisted you though. they didn't do that meaning they might draft you in the 3rd round
when i recently asked about waitlists, a gentleman told me no one has been waitlisted yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just interviewed there last Thursday.. wondering if anyone has heard the same about committee meeting today (monday). I thought itw as the end of the week.. if so.. does anyone know how the contact you ??? I really do not want to call ..

I think that they said that they are going to meet either today or tomorrow i can't remember what Brownstein said during our interview i think he may have said the 27th which after looking at a calendar is tomorrow not today. If any one does know how they inform you that would be great info. I would imagine since everything else has been through email that they would continue to use that method. Are most of us waiting in-state or out-of-state applicants? :thumbup: :thumbdown:

out of state.

Just kidding I hope that we both get in ( just me first). I wish i was a resident and then life would not be so stressful or expensive even though at UNLV you can become on after the first 12 months.

I was told today that the meeting is tomorrow (2/27) and if you want to call to check your status, to do so on Wednesday (2/28).

I also called in today. They said to call in on Wednesday to check your status. Being that I have never been accepted here (nor has anyone else in this thread I presume) I don't know how they'll tell us whether or not we're in. However, I am going to call. I've called many times in the past, and they are very nice. They don't look down upon it. I too am out of state! Good luck to everyone!

they mail you an acceptance. but if you call, they will tell you over the phone, so call the earliest they let you

Has anyone got a call or email today yet since they are meeting today?????

I can't think about anything elseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I got a call, I am in for the class of 2011. :)

For those haven't, don't lose hope and just hang in there. I understand the stress and worries because this was my second time applying. Good luck to everybody.

SoSwank

Who called and when? Also congrats! When did you interview?

hey I got a call today...a bad call...i interview on march 1st...this thursday...and the guy who called just wanted me to know that today they filled up all of the spots and that interviews from now on will be for waitlist positions. no joke. bummer huh. i guess Ill have to get my stuff in early next year :mad: :(

does that mean i'm not in?

oh well. it pays to be from nevada i guess.

I called to check my status this morning and heard those aweful words " You have been placed on the waitlist for now."

In other words thanks for applying, but you are not good enough to be offered a spot, but we will keep you as a back up in case the day before school starts someone doesn't show up because they got accepted to a better or cheaper school, and you want to scrabble and get things together and pay us the money that he or she was going to then we consider you good enough to take their spot. I think it is just a nice way to let you down, because we are all good enough to be in the program, but unfortunately they don't have spots for all of us. I wish all you super smart talented jerks would just stop applying. Just kidding. and good luck to everyone waiting for the "Judgement" and if you do not want to go there please tell them earlier and maybe I will be "drafted" from the waitlist.

I HATE the waitlist. I am on it at 2 schools with no real opportunity to attend. This sucks. I guess school is not in the cards for me this year.
:) :( :) :( :( :)

which means i'm still under review. they said they will review again in 3 weeks. i wasn't even put on the waitlist and i had an interview in late november. i don't get it.

which means i'm still under review. they said they will review again in 3 weeks. i wasn't even put on the waitlist and i had an interview in late november. i don't get it.

me too. still "no decision" on my file. Maybe we're somewhere in between the waitlist and the accepted people? Or maybe nobody has the heart to just reject us yet.......

I'm going crazy.. i dont want to call because I will get bad news if I call.. and now I'm playing this waiting game..

someone call...............

yeah, i called this morning. they have not made a decision on my app yet, i interviewed in dec. they told me the ad com meets again the 3rd week of march. i hate this crap, i am waitlisted at 2 schools. if i dont get in somewhere i am going to jump of a cliff

just called, found out "no decision".. i guess its better then being waitlisted, because I'd rather have a "yes or no" answer..I'm in state and hoping there is at least a couple spots open..for the final review on march 15th..seriously i havent gotten any sleep and i think i need go to walgreens to pick up some meds after work..

this really sucks.. :(

anyone know how many in state are left??

I got "no decision" when I called today, too....... I'm not sure if that's better than waitlist... I felt no decesion translate into you are not even good enough to be put on wait list.....

should i start studying for dat now?? i'm losing hope.......

I also called in this morning and heard the words "well it looks like they have not made any final decisions. They will meet again at the end of March for their final review." What I heard: "Hey, you can't even get on the waitlist." I also interviewed back in December. At the time they told "by the end of Jan. we'll have a decision." When I called at the end of Jan. they said that no decision had been made, but by "the end of Feb we will have made a decision." And of course, no surprise, they have now postponed me to the end of March. At this rate I'm not going to hear "no" until the day before class begins. I don't get it.

The future bleeds
These words conciet
Don't let it go
We're taking back control

Sparta

Man this is my pump up song.. i still have little hope.. and wish luck to everyone who is still waiting.. It really isn't in our hands now..but it really does suck when they are telling you that they'll look at it next month.and next month..and next month... like a slow torture.. ahhh....good luck guys

Why don't you all stop complaining? This is the dental school, believe me if you are getting stressed about not getting in, wait till you can't get dentures for a patient fitted right after the 15th try!

Just relax, think positive and let it go, you have done the best you could. I wish everyone good luck, but in all honestly, stop dwelling on the negativity and start thinking of the positive end of things. That is just my two cents.

Why don't you all stop complaining? This is the dental school, believe me if you are getting stressed about not getting in, wait till you can't get dentures for a patient fitted right after the 15th try!

Just relax, think positive and let it go, you have done the best you could. I wish everyone good luck, but in all honestly, stop dwelling on the negativity and start thinking of the positive end of things. That is just my two cents.

somehow I doubt you are one of us that has interviewed at a half dozen schools and waitlisted everywhere.

dont need your two cents.

I also called in this morning and heard the words "well it looks like they have not made any final decisions. They will meet again at the end of March for their final review." What I heard: "Hey, you can't even get on the waitlist." I also interviewed back in December. At the time they told "by the end of Jan. we'll have a decision." When I called at the end of Jan. they said that no decision had been made, but by "the end of Feb we will have made a decision." And of course, no surprise, they have now postponed me to the end of March. At this rate I'm not going to hear "no" until the day before class begins. I don't get it.

final decision will be made about three weeks from today. i'm counting it as a rejection. f it.

has anyone ever called them in Febraury and heard the word "rejected"?
if not, we will assume that no dicision=rejection ... bc no dicision cannt be waitlist if they are using both "no dicision" and "waitlisted"
logic is very simple and understandable
i think i am going to say goodbye to unlv then

astala vista guys, hello 2008 cycle

It's easier said than done..anyways..congrats..I think you said earlier that you were second time applying.. well you should know how much it sucks..this is also my second time applying and soon my third.. you should understand our frustration..

anyways.. like i said earlier.. march 15th is the supposed day they are supposed to meet, but i didnt even realize that is also the same day they are conducting interviews.. im confused.. anyways.. keep crossing my fingers..and good luck to ya'll

so does this mean that noone has been "rejected" post interview?

so does this mean that noone has been "rejected" post interview?

i specifically asked them if they had done so. they told me that they dont reject anyone until the class is filled from the interviewed pool. there are at least 5 people on sdn waiting to get off "no decision" to the accepted pile. think about how many of those there are in the same situation who do not know about sdn. i'd say we have a very slim to no chance of getting admitted.

i specifically asked them if they had done so. they told me that they dont reject anyone until the class is filled from the interviewed pool. there are at least 5 people on sdn waiting to get off "no decision" to the accepted pile. think about how many of those there are in the same situation who do not know about sdn. i'd say we have a very slim to no chance of getting admitted.

This thread has caused a lot calls to UNLV SDM.. anyways.. did you speak numbers w/ them anonymous..? Like how many instate and out of state still available? And also..what do you think chances are if your actually in state.. because I know out of state at this stage of the game is going to be crazy competitive..

This thread has caused a lot calls to UNLV SDM.. anyways.. did you speak numbers w/ them anonymous..? Like how many instate and out of state still available? And also..what do you think chances are if your actually in state.. because I know out of state at this stage of the game is going to be crazy competitive..

well if you look at past stats, it's about 50:50=instate:oops:utstate. they told me that the seats are currently filled. so how many seats still available for either in/outstate are currently 0.

i dont like the fact that sometimes some people use some phrases which make no sense eg. "no decision"

anyways, i guess depending on who you talked to over the phone at the office of admissions, you heard "waitlisted" or "no decision"

i gave up

Great! I jsut sent my 50$ check today. LOL! I am so stupid.