UNLV (OOS) vs. Maryland (OOS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

westcoastbestcoast96

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I wanted to know thoughts between UNLV and Maryland, I am from CA so for both I'd be OOS (but I believe both schools allow you to gain in-state tuition after a year), though UNLV would be closer to home.

Please let me know your thoughts based off the programs!

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's actually quite difficult to get in-state at Maryland... so be sure to research that a little more. That's all I have to say cause I didn't apply to either school and don't know anything about them :p Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys,

I wanted to know thoughts between UNLV and Maryland, I am from CA so for both I'd be OOS (but I believe both schools allow you to gain in-state tuition after a year), though UNLV would be closer to home.

Please let me know your thoughts based off the programs!

I don't know much about Maryland except that it has been around for a long time. But I interviewed and was accepted at UNLV and can say that I was definitely impressed by the school. It was my 2nd top choice. The new facilities, amount of clinical exposure, integrated curriculum, and opportunities for community service were all factors that appealed to me. Also I imagine life in Vegas would be a lot safer and enjoyable than life in Baltimore. For you, given that UNLV is closer to home, I think I'd go for UNLV. It would be comforting to know that you're a road trip away from home (as opposed to a flight). Finally, I would also think about where you see yourself living post-grad. If you think you might want to stay in the West coast, your chances of getting the appropriate licensing exams and building a network there by going to UNLV would be higher than it would be for Baltimore. Good luck with your decision!

Reactions: 1 users