Unlv?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yakuboy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this had already been posted else where but I can't seem to find it. Anyways, is anyone currently attending or know anything about being a pre med at unlv? I know they kind of have a reputation with their dental school, but what allopathic? How are they ranked with their success of getting their applicants to a desired med school? thanks all in advance for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this had already been posted else where but I can't seem to find it. Anyways, is anyone currently attending or know anything about being a pre med at unlv? I know they kind of have a reputation with their dental school, but what allopathic? How are they ranked with their success of getting their applicants to a desired med school? thanks all in advance for your input.

Exactly 100% of UNLV grads with 4.0/40 get accepted to a US MD school.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
MedPR likes to be unhelpful. What he's saying is that your undergrad doesn't matter, which is basically true. True enough that you don't need to even think about it as a factor.

MedPR likes to be unhelpful. What he's saying is that your undergrad doesn't matter, which is basically true. True enough that you don't need to even think about it as a factor.

Thanks for the clarification lol. That was kind of how I took it as well. I hear a lot that your undergrad doesn't matter, but I also hear a lot from students who will claim that the more prestigious the school, the higher chance of .acceptance? anyways thanks for your
reply. My wife and I are in the armed forces and we're in the middle of choosing our next base either at nellis which is close to unlv or Beale which is an hour away from uc Davis or just some other base that has no "prestigious" schools around but have nice area and great ocean views lol.

I thought it was a helpful post.

Hello everyone,

The only medical school Nevada has is Rocky Vista, a for-profit DO school. Look into that if you must.

On a side note, UNLV has a kick-ass REU program. :laugh:

Edit---ugh.

Last edited:
The only medical school Nevada has is Rocky Vista, a for-profit DO school. Look into that if you must.

On a side note, UNLV has a kick-ass REU program. :laugh:

What about touro and unr?
And isn't rvu in Colorado?

What about touro and unr?

Sorry. I forgot about Touro-Henderson.

And isn't rvu in Colorado?

Whoa. :oops:

I have a good excuse.