You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UNM DPT 2019-2020 Application Cycle
Started by outdoorsygirl97
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
University of New Mexico? How was the interview process?Hi! I haven't seen any forums for UNM so I thought I would start one! I just got an interview invitation for an early interview on November 22nd! Has anyone else received this email?
cvillelaxer
New Member
I would also be interested to hear how the interview went!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I haven't seen any forums for UNM so I thought I would start one! I just got an interview invitation for an early interview on November 22nd! Has anyone else received this email?
Do you mind sharing details of the UNM interview?
outdoorsygirl97
Full Member
They had me sign a form at the end of the interview saying I wouldn't share any details about the interview. I know this is an anonymous website but I dont feel comforatable sharing. The advice I can give you and the advice that current students gave me was to not be afraid to think about your answers before you answer. I did that. I thought about each question for at least 30 seconds in order to properly form my answers and I was accepted! I didnt think there were any trick questions. They were all pretty easy. Just think about your past experiences and be yourself and you will do great! Sorry I cant give more info.
They had me sign a form at the end of the interview saying I wouldn't share any details about the interview. I know this is an anonymous website but I dont feel comforatable sharing. The advice I can give you and the advice that current students gave me was to not be afraid to think about your answers before you answer. I did that. I thought about each question for at least 30 seconds in order to properly form my answers and I was accepted! I didnt think there were any trick questions. They were all pretty easy. Just think about your past experiences and be yourself and you will do great! Sorry I cant give more info.
thanks for sharing that! could you tell us if it was a group interview or one person at a time?
outdoorsygirl97
Full Member
One person at a time. It was 2 faculty members and 1 physical therapist from the community that interviewed you.thanks for sharing that! could you tell us if it was a group interview or one person at a time?
cvillelaxer
New Member
That was very helpful, thank you!!
outdoorsygirl97
Full Member
No problem, sorry I cant give more details :/That was very helpful, thank you!!
outdoorsygirl97
Full Member
Hi! Just curious as to when you all that interviewed Jan 25th will be notified if you are accepted into UNMs program. I am so excited to know who else will be in the cohort with me!
Hi! Just curious as to when you all that interviewed Jan 25th will be notified if you are accepted into UNMs program. I am so excited to know who else will be in the cohort with me!
I plan on attending currently, paid my deposit this past week! Still waiting to hear back from two other schools before ultimately making my decision but definitely wouldn't mind being at UNM. The campus and facilities are top notch, the faculty is highly rated and there is plenty of electives and opportunities offered. Their passion for community and giving back was a huge selling point.
As an out of state student I am curious as to how difficult acquiring in-state residency would be after my first year, the tuition cost is amazing compared to most programs. Typically it's a year of residency and a few other hoops to jump through but schools like NAU make it borderline impossible for out-of-state students to acquire in-state tuition. I plan on contacting them for more information on the process as a whole.
outdoorsygirl97
Full Member
I hope everything works out in your favor! Where are you from?I plan on attending currently, paid my deposit this past week! Still waiting to hear back from two other schools before ultimately making my decision but definitely wouldn't mind being at UNM. The campus and facilities are top notch, the faculty is highly rated and there is plenty of electives and opportunities offered. Their passion for community and giving back was a huge selling point.
As an out of state student I am curious as to how difficult acquiring in-state residency would be after my first year, the tuition cost is amazing compared to most programs. Typically it's a year of residency and a few other hoops to jump through but schools like NAU make it borderline impossible for out-of-state students to acquire in-state tuition. I plan on contacting them for more information on the process as a whole.
Thank you! You as well! I’m from Arizona, wbu?I hope everything works out in your favor! Where are you from?
outdoorsygirl97
Full Member
I'm from New MexicoThank you! You as well! I’m from Arizona, wbu?